Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Searching for STAGE Guitars!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of
    >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can
    >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly.
    >
    >Beforehand, thanks
    >
    >Fernando

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I got a GT 289 at an auction in Houston a while back for about $100. Black body, maple neck with gold hardware. Seems pretty solid, low action. The neck headstock looks like a charvel neck on a tele body. Gonna take her out to the jam tonight…

Anonymous

I now have 2 of these instruments. BOTH have been HOT RODDED. I turned one into a Brent Mason setup with DiMarzios, CTS POTS, 4 Way OG Switch w/Treble Bleed. The other one is being turned into a SUPER STRAT setup with Duncans, CTS POTS, 5 Way OG Switch w/Treble Bleed. I have owned one for 30 years and has been a WORK HORSE!!!! I just aquired another one a week ago and that is the one I am using the SUPER STRAT wiring. Wished I could post the pics here.

Anonymous

Hi! I seemed to have inherited this really cool mini Stage guitar today. It’s a smaller scale Strat style, sunburst little thing. My question is this – is it meant to be some sort of lap steel/slide guitar because the nut is super high on it? Surprisingly good quality guitar with some decent sounding pickups…

Anonymous

I have a Stage zx300 explorer style that I got for Christmas back in the mid to late 80’s. In the process of rewiring and such to get it playable again (been in the attic for about 2 years). As far as the trem goes, on mine it had a kahler style trem system which I replaced with a kahler flyer about 15 years ago, and it was a simple swap. My brother still has his Stage bass he got the same Christmas.

Anonymous

hola soy de mexico de merida yucatán para ser exacto, hace cerca de unos 7 años llegó a mis manos una copia strat amarilla, obvio con el tiempo ya se ha ido desgastando, le monté unas pastillas fender noisless 3 pero faltó cambiar la electronica, el sonido es bastante agudo y punzante, bueno aunque no con la comodidad que quisiera obvio le hace falta mucho mantenimiento por lo que muchos luthiers me han sugerido algunas modificaciones y una re-barnizada….. muy buena guitarra hecha de fresno lo que lo hace muy resistente

Anonymous

I just picked up a RS 427 stage. I have never seen a stage Guitar. It’s a Strat with a pointy head stock. It has three toggle switches for the pick ups. I thought at first they were active pick ups, but they’re not. Picked it up in Vallejo for $80.

Anonymous

I love this guitar , plays by itself. Problem, the bridge/ locking trem need to be replaced . What brand goes on this axe? I don’t even care if it is a trem. What will work on this guitar. I miss this guitar on stage. Please help.

Anonymous

I have a beautiful red acoustic from Stage. My son picked up for me from a pawn shop for Christmas 2009 for $50. Looks and sounds fantastic. Yes there isn’t a lot on line about this company. The made one style of electric . I didn’t know they had even put out a bass.

Anonymous

Can’t vouch for the absolute reliability of the story, but according to Wikipedia, “Stage” guitars came out of Univox to avoid the reputation as “cheap” that Univox products started to have. Read about it here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univox

I have a GT 440 Stage guitar which also says Arlington TX. Looks like a strat but with that sharp pointy head and a deeper, more Gibson-ish sound. Great action…I really love playing it. Got it for $15 at a tag sale. Best buy ever!

Anonymous

I’ve got a dark grey RS350 HSS Super Strat-style with three mini toggle switches for the pickups. The humbucker toggle is a 3-position switch so you can split the coils. It’s got the cool pointy Jackson-style headstock. 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fingerboard. It was the first electric I owned. Bought it back in the late 80’s. I didn’t pack it around much, so it’s still in really good condition. I don’t play it much anymore. I remember the salesman telling me it was made in the same factory as Kramers at the time. I don’t know if I believe him. Even though it says Arlington Texas on it, I suspect it was made in Korea, but I couldn’t swear on it. I think I paid $300 or so for it back in the day.

Anonymous

I owned a Stage guitar. Sort of looked like a strat. Sounded more like a tele. Smelled liked chocolate when played for a long time. It was powder blue! Wish I had a pic! I sold it for like $50 back in 99. Could be the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. So want it back!

Anonymous

I own a Stage Classic Series ,Strato model,and the only thing i heard is an obvious speculation.Its about a guy who worked in a Fender factory and ,for a reason that i dont know ,was fired and use his know how to built some guitars with this name(stage).Mine have an incredible classic Fender Strato’s sound !!!

Anonymous

i have a CS 327 Stage Guitar! You want it? it’s yours – email me [email protected]

Anonymous

Good evening.
        I had acquired a Stage cs-327 ‘Arlington Texas,’ still I know nothing about this guitar except it’s very old, realy vintage, from early 80’s, the body is about 20-22 (oak and maple mouted with tree resin, not glue) fretssolid an shows some wrinklings on the paint caused by the time.
        Flexible and of soft grip, the timber is simply wonderful. Antique floating bridge whith two pivots, effect like a Floyd Rose but the upper tones direction (I have pics and can send it by e-mail).
        The neck is maple (a perfection) with a ‘pin screw’ for adjusts accessed by the back and scrolls for the strings like old Fender´s.
        The guitar is out-series, none iscriptions at the three pick-ups, but caption is perfect, something like ‘hot noiseless.’ Other parts are like Fender Stratocaster. It is very very well preserved and the timber is simply wonderfull.

I read something about 250 prototipe units made around 84-86 using the parts of fender Squire, I think mine is one of that. After that 5000 units made in series, but with some little diferencies like wood and some parts like not using the rolling pass for the strings 1-4.

Could you give me some more information about this jewel?

So, send to [email protected] and I return detailed pics.

Thanks very much,
        Ivo Azevedo РṢo Paulo РBrasil

Anonymous

I own a red sa-550 it seems to be a superior made guitar the back braces seem to have been sanded carefully the V beneath the soundhole appears to have been rasped after construction the banding is simply remarkable even though this guitar was apparently dropped it sounds as good if not better than my f-140 epiphone

Anonymous

tengo una stage guitar made in arlington texas
      es una excelente guitarra pues tiene un sonido grandioso ,pues la muscia que toco es de los 60″ y rock and latino
      su neck o brazo es super-comodo. puedes estar tocando mucho tiempo y no tendras cansancio o moloestia alguna.como en otras
      guitarra de precios altos. y esta guitarrita la compre en $800 pesos mexicanos unos $$usd 60 . comento esto porque llevo tocando
      como unos 30 años y hasta que encontre una a mi gusto he tenido fender stratocaster.. pacific.yamahas ovation. fernandez. sebring
      sonatone ,hasta jaguar. les paul custom gibson pero con esta me siento muy bien, saludos

Anonymous

: I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : > : >Beforehand, thanks : > : >Fernando I have a Stage Les Paul made in Korea. Seems they were not only made in Texas.

Anonymous

: I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : > : >Beforehand, thanks : > : >Fernando I have a Red Stage CS 327. Strat copy. Mine is fairly nice, even though its seen some rough owners. I had gotten it used for 100 dollars in Ohio. Are these guitars worth a lot?

Anonymous

:Hello Ihave a bass by stage guitars out of Arlington Texas Model HD 1200 Dean

Anonymous

I own a stage CS 427 pearl white.A well built guitar with great action.I know nothing about about the maker, other than they were made in Arlington Texes.I to need info.Would appreciate corraspondence.Thanks….

Anonymous

Man i’ve a STAGE guitar !!!

Anonymous

I’ve got a CS-327. Bought it as a "auction" guitar at Daddy’s in Boston for 60 bucks. Deffinately a steal, one of the best guitars I have ever played. I found Pics of another CS online, but no more info.

Anonymous

Well, I just picked this one up for $300 bucks. I’ll tell you what, it blows away the sound and playability of the Japanese Tele I traded for a Luna Phoenix Artist. Now I have my Tele back but with these active electronics I plug straight into anything and it sounds so amazing. Has micro adjustment for neck tilt and easy truss rod adjustment at head. Machine heads have no name but feel very nice. Bridge has individual string adjustments with double pole allen set screws. 5 position switch with gliding volume and tone controls which make no noise at all. This guitar plays like it’s worth over a thousand dollars. Maybe 2.

Anonymous

: I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : > : >Beforehand, thanks : > : >Fernando STAGE GUITARS WERE BUILT IN TEXAS FOR 4 OR 5 YEARS AN DHAVE BEEN OUT OF BUSINESS FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS THEY RESEMBLE FENDERS, ONE RECENTLY SOLD FOR $ 175…..NOT A LOT…HOPE THIS HELPS, DENNY

Anonymous

: I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : > : >Beforehand, thanks : > : >Fernando I want to know too! I have a GT-289 Tele made by Stage from Arlington, Texas. Maple neck, gold hardware, Jumbo frets…built like a brick shithouse with the solid sound to boot!! Who are these guys who made this? Man…they put some serious thought into this before they made’em. Lin

Anonymous

: I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : > : >Beforehand, thanks : > : >Fernando I don’t know much about them other than I have one and they were manufactured in Arlington, Texas. kirk

Anonymous

: : I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : : > : : >Beforehand, thanks : : > : : >Fernando : I don’t know much about them other than I have one and they were manufactured in Arlington, Texas. : kirk I bought a Stage yesterday for $150 canadian… I think it was a good deal… almost did not becaus i had to take it in the car on an 8 hour drive to get it home, there is no S#, and no markings other then the brand name on the head, beautiful condition, if you know anything about her can you let me know? I can’t find anything about her any where! Thanks a tone! Leap

Anonymous

That’s all I know so far about them. Arlington, Texas based operation. Looking for more of them.

Anonymous

: : I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : : > : : >Beforehand, thanks : : > : : >Fernando : I don’t know much about them other than I have one and they were manufactured in Arlington, Texas. : kirk HEY: I have an HD 1200 "Stage Guitar" manufactured in Arlington, and I can’t find a thing about it either. It is a bass guitar with a maple fretboard, no serial #.

Anonymous

Hey i just bought a stage hd1200 base today, used….it says nothing on it except arlington texas and i cant find anything on it either…..let me know if you guys find anything out about this brand, im assuming theyre not around anymore…sounds pretty good actually….later, james

Anonymous

: : : I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : : : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : : : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : : : > : : : >Beforehand, thanks : : : > : : : >Fernando : : I don’t know much about them other than I have one and they were manufactured in Arlington, Texas. : : kirk : : HEY: I have an HD 1200 "Stage Guitar" manufactured in Arlington, and I can’t find a thing about it either. It is a bass guitar with a maple fretboard, no serial #. -=- I have one too… what a workhorse, this thing has been with me for 10 years and been beat to crap and it still works just fine (of course i’ve had to rewire it a couple times, but that’s nothing) plays like butter too…

Anonymous

: : : : I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : : : : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : : : : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : : : : > : : : : >Beforehand, thanks : : : : > : : : : >Fernando : : : I don’t know much about them other than I have one and they were manufactured in Arlington, Texas. : : : kirk : : : : HEY: I have an HD 1200 "Stage Guitar" manufactured in Arlington, and I can’t find a thing about it either. It is a bass guitar with a maple fretboard, no serial #. : -=- : I have one too… what a workhorse, this thing has been with me for 10 years and been beat to crap and it still works just fine (of course i’ve had to rewire it a couple times, but that’s nothing) : plays like butter too…

Anonymous

: : : : : I go yo you with the hope of obtain any information about a mark of : : : : : >guitar called STAGE. I have not found any data about it, if you can : : : : : >colaborate me with this work, i’ll apreciate it greatly. : : : : : > : : : : : >Beforehand, thanks : : : : : > : : : : : >Fernando : : : : I don’t know much about them other than I have one and they were manufactured in Arlington, Texas. : : : : kirk : : : : : : HEY: I have an HD 1200 "Stage Guitar" manufactured in Arlington, and I can’t find a thing about it either. It is a bass guitar with a maple fretboard, no serial #. : : -=- : : I have one too… what a workhorse, this thing has been with me for 10 years and been beat to crap and it still works just fine (of course i’ve had to rewire it a couple times, but that’s nothing) : : plays like butter too… Hey join the crowd. I have a GT 426 "tele" style guitar that I was looking for info on, before I sell it. Real nice axe. We are in Maine.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.