Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics framus gutiar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

looking for info.on a 1956 framus gutiar ser#36426. value.were was it built.what do these letters mean. BABARI.A WERKE. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

the name on the paper insert in your framus referes to the Wood Master that built the guitar. In this case on of the most famous of guitar makers, he later went on to work for Gibson USA after his departure from germany. You guitar was a special order , these were hand made, no special CAD cutters, a master finished all aspects of the guitar, from start to final tune. Keep it well polished and cherish it greatly…THanks GS Hardy

Anonymous

I’m not sure what "werke" is but Framus is a german guitar, mandolin, violin etc. company, hence Bavaria. Theyve been around for about 60 or somethin years. your serial number is lower than the only vintage framus ive ever seen in person its number is 38565. the only other thing i know is they still make guitars and that retail for well over $1,000US.

Anonymous

I have a framus mandolin s/n 02307 Any info anyone? Werke = works, ie factory

Anonymous

: The Famus I have is model 501I, and I am not sure how old it is. However, I am looking for information as to its worth.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.