Rented Hohner guitar

Posted by Ken Reynolds on Tue, 03/12/02 - 21:06:13.

40 years ago, or so, I used to play guitar. Like many guys in my era I learned by playing with others who were pretty good. I purchased a fairly expensive "Yamaha" and with several years of practice became fairly proficient. But then things changed... Viet Nam, college, marriage, kids, career, etc. and I lost interest and had no time for the guitar. The one thing I never learned though, was how to read music, so several months ago I started taking guitar lessons with the sole purpose of learning to read. Since my old "Yamaha" was long gone, I opted to rent a guitar for now. It is a "Hohner" model HW300G. I'm now considering purchasing this guitar but don't know its value. It was leased brand new about 4 months ago. Can you give me the marketprice?

Thanks, Ken

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Rented Hohner guitar

: 40 years ago, or so, I used to play guitar. Like many guys in my era I learned by playing with others who were pretty good. I purchased a fairly expensive "Yamaha" and with several years of practice became fairly proficient. But then things changed... Viet Nam, college, marriage, kids, career, etc. and I lost interest and had no time for the guitar. The one thing I never learned though, was how to read music, so several months ago I started taking guitar lessons with the sole purpose of learning to read. Since my old "Yamaha" was long gone, I opted to rent a guitar for now. It is a "Hohner" model HW300G. I'm now considering purchasing this guitar but don't know its value. It was leased brand new about 4 months ago. Can you give me the marketprice?

: Thanks, Ken

not sure on value, but it is a student level guitar

A quick google search for "HW300G" brings up a number of sites selling them. I just bought a slightly chipped version for $44 plus $18 shipping on e-bay, which I think was a great deal. I saw them for on-line for $135 and $120 and $180 and in some random classified ad (where on the same page they advertise for nude models) for $85. Hope that helps a little.

: 40 years ago, or so, I used to play guitar. Like many guys in my era I learned by playing with others who were pretty good. I purchased a fairly expensive "Yamaha" and with several years of practice became fairly proficient. But then things changed... Viet Nam, college, marriage, kids, career, etc. and I lost interest and had no time for the guitar. The one thing I never learned though, was how to read music, so several months ago I started taking guitar lessons with the sole purpose of learning to read. Since my old "Yamaha" was long gone, I opted to rent a guitar for now. It is a "Hohner" model HW300G. I'm now considering purchasing this guitar but don't know its value. It was leased brand new about 4 months ago. Can you give me the marketprice?

: Thanks, Ken

: this guitar is valued at $209.99. I know, because I own it. I bought about 3 years ago, and it is one of the best sounding acoustic I have every played.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.