Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics SOVTEK AMPS, ARE THEY ANY GOOD ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Any help much appreciated

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

OMG… I sold a 100W Sovtek head and 4×12 cab and now regretting it!! This amp has unsurpassed raw tube guitar tone. You will find nothing else like its

Anonymous

They are fine, and great ‘project’ amps… what do you wish to know/need ??? : Any help much appreciated

Anonymous

: They are fine, and great ‘project’ amps… what do you wish to know/need ??? : : : Any help much appreciated I HAVE A SOVTEK AMP. I ABOLUTELY LOVE IT. I TUBE IT FOR HARMONICA, BUT LATELY I’VE BEEN THINKING I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOME CHANGES TO THE AMP ITSELF TO MAKE IT A REAL HARP AMP. YOU KNOW CAPS , RESISTORS, MAYBE CHANGE THE PLATE VOLTAGE IF POSSIBLE. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE IO SHOULD START, OR LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE?

Anonymous

I play in a Dallas rock band and my setup consists of 2 sovtek mig 50s with master volume. let me say that Sovteks are awesome, they have vintage tone with their own flair to it….and they’re cheap price wise….awesome amps, they’re worth it man, and they’re solid as a rock

Anonymous

where can i buy a sovtek head 100 watts thanks Ben.

Anonymous

have they got enough gain for rock, and are they reliable ?. cheers. tom

Anonymous

: have they got enough gain for rock, and are they reliable ?. cheers. tom

Anonymous

Gain wise, the Sovtek Tube Midget 50H is MORE than ample in producing heavily distorted gain; after all, these amps are modeled almost purely after the older Marshall amps (which, in turn, used to be modeled after the Fender Bassman with heavily modified gain stages). If you’re after gain, this amp is as good and in many cases better than a Marshall of any sort. Reliability they are indeed built like tanks… the transformers are HUGE and weight about 10lbs each. The chassis is anchored into the solid wood cabinet of the head via 4 #3 phillips bolted directly through the cabinet and into the chassis. All the components inside are well soldered and made to last. The only gripe I would have on construction is the plastic input jacks. Although they may indeed BE sturdy, they just seem a little cheap and liable to break after a few rough plug-ins and -outs.

Anonymous

Yes on both accounts, they are built like tanks and they do have a mean growl (marshall-esqe)The only bitch I have about them is that they are pretty stripped down, you don’t get cool features like channel switching and (reverb) would be nice. But who needs all that bullshit, when you are ripping the paint off the walls? right?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.