Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Washburn DM2000S

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi, I’ve got number 8 of 24, Bought new by my father around 2001 in South Africa. Seems this might be part of the 24 batch which seems predominantly in Australia.

Anonymous

Hey guys I’ve got a 22 of 24 bought it off a work mate out in the west Australian desert.
      He got it from Zenith in Perth.
      I’m thinking of selling. If anyone’s interested?
      Cheers Adrian

Anonymous

I’ve got 20 of 24… Love it!

Reading the above it seems like the did a limited run of just 24 (1-24) just for Australia and then made a bigger batch later for the US market… Purchased mine in Wagga Wagga for about 1000. I couldn’t find anything under 2k that sounded as good… and didn’t look any higher! Haha!

Anonymous

dm2000s Washburn Millenium .
      : The one I have is mint it has no serial number. It Is number 15 of 24. I payed AUS $950 for mine, Purchased
      in south Australia. One sweet sounding guitar. my post –15/02/2020

Anonymous

I’ve got #92 of 560 model DM2000SCE. Plays and sounds great. With a nice hard case and the guitar looking new I think I got a great deal at $300 US dollars.

Anonymous

I have a Washburn millenium dm2000sce #292 of 560. Still looks and plays like new. The case isn’t in the best shape. You know the specs. If anyone is interested in buying it contact me. I dont want to sell it but need the money.

Anonymous

Wondering if you still might want to sell this guitar if you still have it. If not, could you please tell me how much you sold it for? I’m trying to buy one but don’t know how much one in fair condition w/case should be worth. Thanks.

Anonymous

Was my favorite acoustic electric in the house….several martins and Gibsons notwithstanding. Every one is unique…but the good ones are obviously awesome. I played it, actually lusted for it for many years before my former roommate finally traded me for a compound bow I had. Like I said, the one I have is really top-grade. Has a comfortable slimmer more electric-like neck, hence the warning inside to use lighter guage strings. Just like the right woman…if you find a good one…get it and keep it!

Anonymous

Could some one give me info on a Washburn DM2000S Acoustic Guitar Number 5 of 24

Anonymous

I own a DM2000CSE and I really like it. I bought 13 years ago for my 50th birthday and I still play it. It’s my favorite guitar. That said I had to have a luthier set it up. Lots of buzzing when I first got it but the sound of it sold me. I have #116/560. How cool is that? I never had a limited edition anything!

Anonymous

I have a DM2000S Washburn Millenium that is numbered 601 of 1040. Awesome condition – unsurpassed quality for the price. I have it in a beautiful tweed case. I would consider selling if the offer is realistic.

Anonymous

Hi,

I am in the UK and I have a beautiful Washburn guitar I bought aprox 8 years ago, I am a singer not a player but enjoy strumming a few chords to practice, anyhow I may now be looking to sell and tried to get some info on the guitar from the net, like you guys I could find little information? any help would be great.

Mine is a tobacco sunburst body edged in ivory with a double pinstripe & tortoiseshell scratchplate, it has an oval soundhole and mahogony back, sides & neck with a rosewood fingerboard the machine heads are gold coloured Grover diecast tuners. it also has Washburn ADE4 EQ.

The really speacial thing about this guitar is that it has on the headstock not just Washburn but also WM which apparently denotes “Washburn Millenium” it also has this WM on the back of the neck right at the base set into the ivory trim as well as “Limited edition” inlaid in MOP at the 12th fret on the fingerboard.

Any more info on this guitar would be great,

Thanks Guys.

Anonymous

Hey there…got one too, paid $50 for it…mine is DM2000s 738 8f 1060 but the top has a crack that looks like did not compromise playability. The structure inside is in good shape. I still have the old strings on it and it already sounds amazing, can’t wait to get new strings tomorrow. Will post a pic soon.

Anonymous

Forgot to add the specs:
        Solid spruce top
        Rosewood back and sides
        full body, neck, and headstock binding
        Grover tuners, gold
        Abalone hexagon outline inlays on the neck
        Inlaid abalone rosette
        Ebony fretboard
        Butterfly bridge

I think it was a steal for 50 bucks, even with the top cracked it sounds amazing.

Anonymous

Do you still have the Guitar you drescribed in this post and if so would you be interested in selling it

Anonymous

I purchased my DM2000 from MUSICIANS FRIEND catalog. It is #94 of 1060. It is a non-electric model. I would suggest calling them for more information on this guitar. They will be able to get you to Maufacturer site for more info. Also contact Washburn directly at their website. I put a MARTIN amplified transducer pickup in mine and it sounds great. It played really nice, but needed a "neck setup and bone nut to make it play like a much much more expensive guitars. Other guitarists in my area drool over my guitar because of the 60’s style "slim" neck and solid sound quality.

Anonymous

: I need info on dm2000s Washburn Millenium guitar. : The one I have has a serial No. 2 of 24 made. : It as purchased in Australia, I have scoured the web and can find little information about this model. I have #12 of 24, purchased in Adelaide, so I guess ours are from the same batch (?). I’m curious to know what one of these in mint condition might be worth nowadays if I wanted to offload it. Anyone know? I seem to remember paying around AUS$900 for mine, but don’t quote me on that.

Anonymous

I have # 688 of the 1060 built. My wife bought it for me brand new in 1999 and I have used this guitar ever since. I can go 6 months without touching it and it will be in perfect tune. I have had Gibson’s and other high $ guitars that I could not say that about. I have played bluegrass with many Martin’s and even Collins and get more sound out of my Washburn than they did out of the more sought after guitars. I wouldn’t take anything for mine. I love it! I

Anonymous

: I need info on dm2000s Washburn Millenium guitar. : The one I have has a serial No. 2 of 24 made. : It as purchased in Australia, I have scoured the web and can find little information about this model. I just got number 887 of the DM200S version not the cutaway. It seems like a great guitar. The store where I got it has several more that they bought if antone is interested email me and I will give you the info on where to get them. They are brand new in the box. I picked this over the Seagull S6+ and I hope I made the right choice.Time will tell. Jim

Anonymous

I was curious as to what would be the selling price of a DM2000S no dinks or scratches, I am heading to Sam Ash to see about trading up soon. It’s a limited edition numbered 940 of 1060 with all the amenities of this model. I have seen prices from 350.00 to 499.00 does the cost go up with time???? I have also found so very little info on this model. It plays great but a tad too fancy for my needs.

Anonymous

Yeah, i’ve got number 24, bought from Billy Hydes in Flemington, Victoria, and I found a little of info, but not much, just specs: Solid spruce top; rosewood back and sides; full body, neck, and headstock binding; Grover tuners; abalone hexagon outline inlays on the neck and inlaid abalone rosette; ebony fretboard and butterfly bridge. But hey who cares what it is, it’s limited edition, and it looks sexy!! and you know loves it, i mean really loves it? the ladies love it!!

Anonymous

I’ve just purchased one of these through E-bay in the US, bit of a steal at $125US. Mine seems to be different from the ones I can source info on, its a DM2000TQS. It has silver grover tuners, no abalone hex inlays, but the top is solid flamed maple (gorgeous) and the sides and back are mahogany. It has no pick guard and beautiful abalone inlays around the soundhole. Made a mistake of re-stringing with elixer mediums which makes it buzz a little, going to restring with lights now. Sounds a little tight but for the money I not complaining and its the most beautiful guitar I’ve ever owned. love to hear more about this model. have fun

Anonymous

: Yeah, i’ve got number 24, bought from Billy Hydes in Flemington, Victoria, and I found a little of info, but not much, just specs: : Solid spruce top; rosewood back and sides; full body, neck, and headstock binding; Grover tuners; abalone hexagon outline inlays on the neck and inlaid abalone rosette; ebony fretboard and butterfly bridge. : But hey who cares what it is, it’s limited edition, and it looks sexy!! and you know loves it, i mean really loves it? the ladies love it!! I got number 156. It’s a fine instrument. My Martin playing friends all want first dibs on buying it if I ever decide to sell it. But I don’t think that will ever happen!

Anonymous

I have the opportunity to buy one of these babies…how much did you guys get yours for? Do they reall sound great?

Anonymous

I have a Washburn Millennium limited edition acoustic electric guitar. It is beautiful. I keep a medium string on it so I don’t get as much volume from it as I’d like sometimes. I have been searching for information on the electric acoustic version and haven’t had much success. It is number 491 of 560 and the stock number is DM2000SCE. If you have one of these please post.

Anonymous

: I have the opportunity to buy one of these babies…how much did you guys get yours for? Do they reall sound great? I just bought a brand new, leftover 2 weeks ago for $359US and it does sound VERY nice. In fact, my Martin playing friends are already lining up for a chance to buy it if I ever decide to sell it.

Anonymous

I have number 16 too. I got it for my brithday a year ago, I love the guitar, It sounds great and looks great and the guys love it! I couldn’t find anything on it and was wondering If Washburn really made it until I came across this now I know that at least two other people have it, that makes me feel alittle better hehe. Enjoy the great guitar you guys! ~Hannah, South Carolina

Anonymous

I was curious as to what would be the selling price of a DM2000S no dinks or scratches, I am heading to Sam Ash to see about trading up soon. It’s a limited edition numbered 940 of 1060 with all the amenities of this model. I have seen prices from 350.00 to 499.00 does the cost go up with time???? I have also found so very little info on this model. It plays great but a tad too fancy for my needs.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.