Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Rattling problems with Epiphone Les Paul

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a problem with my Epiphone Les Paul Studio, where the low E, A and D strings rattle, or sound kind of muted, on all of the frets. I’ve tried re-stringing, but it hasn’t helped. Any advice?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a problem with my Epiphone Les Paul Studio, where the low E, A and D strings rattle, or sound kind of muted, on all of the frets. I’ve tried re-stringing, but it hasn’t helped. Any advice? Sounds like the bridge (action) is too low. I’d try raising the bridge until the rattle disappears, then retune. Note: Intonation shouldn’t change much, if at all, but it may be affected.

Anonymous

: : I have a problem with my Epiphone Les Paul Studio, where the low E, A and D strings rattle, or sound kind of muted, on all of the frets. I’ve tried re-stringing, but it hasn’t helped. Any advice? : Sounds like the bridge (action) is too low. I’d try raising the bridge until the rattle disappears, : then retune. Note: Intonation shouldn’t change much, if at all, but it may be affected. I had the same problem with mine. Have you taken it to a guitar shop for a setup? They may have cut the nut too low when lowering the action. If this isn’t the problem, maybe the tuners are loose.

Anonymous

: : I have a problem with my Epiphone Les Paul Studio, where the low E, A and D strings rattle, or sound kind of muted, on all of the frets. I’ve tried re-stringing, but it hasn’t helped. Any advice? : Sounds like the bridge (action) is too low. I’d try raising the bridge until the rattle disappears, : then retune. Note: Intonation shouldn’t change much, if at all, but it may be affected. Yeah.. I’ve got the same problem with my Les Paul. However, only the 5th string is rattling. How does raising the bridge affect intonation and how do I adjust for this. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.