Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics gibson humbucking pickup identification

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hello, I have some silver paf style humbuckers I was told are gibson. The bottom has pat no. 2,737,842 and a 1978 stamp. The cord is metal braided, can anyone help? Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have one of the humbucker pickups with the serial number 2737842 and a 50 something
      Model p90 what might these be worth? Ive seen sone go for quite a bit and then sone not so much. I also have 66 model
      Pots and a selector switch just kind of wondering i would like to sell them.

Anonymous

hello, sorry for the bad language but i’m italian. i’ve got an humbucker with "Pat no. 2737842" write on but there isn’t write on "Gibson". is this an original Gibson humbucker? please answer

Anonymous

Hi, I’m from Brazil and my english is not pretty good. lol. Your pickup is a original Gibson product.

Anonymous

: Hi, I’m from Brazil and my english is not pretty good. lol. Your pickup is a original Gibson product.

Anonymous

. Hi i’m french and I’ve got the same one in Gold. It’s a Gibson from the 80’s (22oct1980 on mine)with PAT No2737842

Anonymous

Get this, I have the same pickups dated 1979, but they’re in a ’72 SG. No metal covers, just gold colored open-faced housings. The previous owner was groovy kind of guy, I guess.

Anonymous

: Kevin, your pickup is a Gibson humbucker. I have the same pickups. I believe the patent for that pickup was issued in 1962. If you do an internet search on the number 2737842 you’ll find a German website that mentions that patent number in its discussion of Gibson patents. Unfortunately its written in German. Your pickup could have been manufactured later than 1962, but that’s when the patent was issued. If its stamped 1978 its a Gibson 1978 humbucker.

Anonymous

Actually the patent number is for Les Paul’s flying trapeze design, not sure why they did this, but yes they are gibson PAF’s

Anonymous

: Kevin, your pickup is a Gibson humbucker. I have the same pickups. I believe the patent for that pickup was issued in 1962. If you do an internet search on the number 2737842 you’ll find a German website that mentions that patent number in its discussion of Gibson patents. Unfortunately its written in German. Your pickup could have been manufactured later than 1962, but that’s when the patent was issued. If its stamped 1978 its a Gibson 1978 humbucker.

Anonymous

I have the same patent no but mine is on a 69-72 les paul cherry sunurst and there is no date on the back on front there is a raised T and one part has a 4 in beetween the first and second screw to the left and the other has a 1 —Can any one tell me what it is how old and what the other humbucker would be on a 69-72 les paul deluxe

Anonymous

: I have the same patent no but mine is on a 69-72 les paul cherry sunurst and there is no date on the back on front there is a raised T and one part has a 4 in beetween the first and second screw to the left and the other has a 1 —Can any one tell me what it is how old and what the other humbucker would be on a 69-72 les paul deluxe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.