Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics looking for players opinions comparing Gibson vs. Heritage guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Looking for factual info.and opinions on which guitar makers build the best quality instruments gibson or Heritage .Any information would be helpful .Thank you . Jeff Bollen [email protected]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

go to http://www.edromanguitars.com they have a comparison…heritage over gibson…i’m getting the 335 model, its everything gibson has and more

Anonymous

Hi! I’ve played for years on both instruments and both had advantages. The kind of brit rock that we play would fit more for a Gibson Les Paul Standard or Custom, the distortion sound is just excellent. I would personally go for Gibson, however, it is true that the stuff they left behind in Chicago is much better that those nowdays. Enjoy the music with any guitars, at this level, there are not many people who can make a difference between the 2 guitar sounds. Ciao, John

Anonymous

Hey, While I have played nothing electric by either company in over 10 years, I would offer the following tidbit of lore. When Gibson moved from Chicago to Nashville, they left their building, equipment, and employees in Chicago and started from scratch in Nashville. Some of the old Gibson employees in Chicago bought everything there and began the Heritage guuitars. So there may be more to the Heritage name than at first appears. They may be more Gibson-esque than the new Gibson – Nashville.

Anonymous

: Hey, While I have played nothing electric by either company in over 10 years, I would offer the following tidbit of lore. When Gibson moved from Chicago to Nashville, they left their building, equipment, and employees in Chicago and started from scratch in Nashville. Some of the old Gibson employees in Chicago bought everything there and began the Heritage guuitars. So there may be more to the Heritage name than at first appears. They may be more Gibson-esque than the new Gibson – Nashville. I have and still own Gibson Guitars but have recently bought 2 Heritages (H150 CM Classic and an H157 Custom w/Bigsby and HRW Pickups) and special ordered 1 (H550 Custom w/Bigsby and HRW Pickups). The Heritages are far superior to the products Gibson is making at this time. The workmanship is outstanding if you can compare them side to side you can see the difference. Just compare the fretboard inlays. Heritage Guitars are still handmade. I have the same opinion of G&L over Fender. bluesman

Anonymous

: : Hey, While I have played nothing electric by either company in over 10 years, I would offer the following tidbit of lore. When Gibson moved from Chicago to Nashville, they left their building, equipment, and employees in Chicago and started from scratch in Nashville. Some of the old Gibson employees in Chicago bought everything there and began the Heritage guuitars. So there may be more to the Heritage name than at first appears. They may be more Gibson-esque than the new Gibson – Nashville. : I have and still own Gibson Guitars but have recently bought 2 Heritages (H150 CM Classic and an H157 Custom w/Bigsby and HRW Pickups) and special ordered 1 (H550 Custom w/Bigsby and HRW Pickups). The Heritages are far superior to the products Gibson is making at this time. The workmanship is outstanding if you can compare them side to side you can see the difference. Just compare the fretboard inlays. Heritage Guitars are still handmade. I have the same opinion of G&L over Fender. : bluesman the company is in Kalamazoo, Mi. not Chicago.

Anonymous

By the way, if you are shopping for a new heritage, call Neal at Vegas Guitars. Wonderful service and his price was unbelieveable. You will find his number on the vegas guitar website. Please tell him I told you to go there.

Anonymous

Well, I had a 73 les paul custom that I loved accept for the fretless wonder frets. I sold it a long time ago to settle some colllege bills. I vowed one day tow owne another custom. The day of recogning is at hand. I played a black beauty from the gibson custom shop and could not believe how wrong it was. It looked like my old black beauty, but even the sound and feel unplugged was off. As a result, and even as I write, there is a new black beauty with HRW pickups from Heritage on the way! From what I have played, I like the Heritage I demo’d even better than the 73 black beauty. Once you understand the dynamics of a hand made instrument, there is no turning back. I dont care if it is electric, acoustic, or classical. If it is hand made and done right, there is no turning back.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.