Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Fender Telesonic

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone kow how to adjust the action on a fender telesonic with its wilkinson stop tail bridge.Fender UK said use the neck tilt.How do you do adjust this,it isn’t in the manual you get with the guitar.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Does anyone kow how to adjust the action on a fender telesonic with its wilkinson stop tail bridge.Fender UK said use the neck tilt.How do you do adjust this,it isn’t in the manual you get with the guitar. You might want to check the Fender web site under Resources/Mr GearHead Product Support/Fender/5 Steps to a Great Guitar setup. I would think messing with the neck tilt should not be your starting point Should you decide to do so, the adjustment point is at the back plate where the neck is attached. You will find a small hole in the neck plate where a hex wrench can be used to adjust the tilt. Note that is call a micro adjustment. Be sure to loosen your strings prio to proceeding. Again, you must be sure that the neck is adjusted and that bridge height has been adjusted. Neil

Anonymous

I have a 98 model, and first thing I did was get a decent bridge to replace the wilkinson crappy one. Schaller makes a nice heavy brass chrome plated one piece you can find at Stu Mac or all parts. Then I wisely took the bridge and the guitar to my favorite luthier for installation and setup. The height setting will not accomplish a lower action unless the truss rod is properly adjuste, and the neck tilt is appropriate. Good luck.

Anonymous

I HAVE A 98 TELESONIC ALSO WITH THE "CRAPPY" TAILPIECE. DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT THE PART NUMBER WAS AT STU-MAC. I FOUND ONE THAT LOOKS RIGHT AND WAS PART #0198. I JUST DON’T KNOW IF THE POSTS ARE THE RIGHT SIZE OR CORRECT THREADS. ALL OTHER SPEC’S LOOKED OKAY. IE: 3 1/4" POST SPACING AND 2 3/32 STRING SPACING. THANKS : I have a 98 model, and first thing I did was get a : decent bridge to replace the wilkinson crappy one. : Schaller makes a nice heavy brass chrome plated one : piece you can find at Stu Mac or all parts. Then : I wisely took the bridge and the guitar to my favorite : luthier for installation and setup. The height setting : will not accomplish a lower action unless the truss rod is properly adjuste, and the neck tilt is appropriate. Good luck.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.