Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Brad Paisley country guitar sound ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

How do I get this sound ? what effects is he using to obtain it reverb settings compressor settings overdrive etc…???
    Im using a TELE and a fender stage 112 combo that sits above a 4×12 fender cab.
    thanx

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Guitar Player mag, Oct ’99, had a 2 page article on Brad Paisley. Other than the guitars his equipment is simple and straightforward. Main Amp: vintage Vox AC30 top-boost model. powered by a Variac voltage regulator to insure consistent sound every night; His lone effect is a WAY HUGE AQUA PUSS ANALOG DELAY, and he uses a Samson wireless for live gigs. He uses various telecasters with G-Benders, that bend the G string, and he bends strings behind the nut, combined with open strings. The article says he uses Ernie Ball and D-Addario strings, guages .010 to .040, the Ernie Ball strings being a bit more elastic sounding. The D-Addario’s are so bright at first that they are great for backgrounds. The article doesn’t mention any amp settings or anything, though it does touch on pickups. I saw him on TV recently, playing live in my hometown and I was surprised that he does all of his own guitar work. He’s very good and very sure of himself in his playing. Sorry I don’t have any more, hope this helps some.

Anonymous

I myself am learning to play, and would love be as good as Brad. I’m more interested in the Acoustic part of his playing. I saw him in at a state fair playing. I too was shocked by his constant playing. He can really Wail! Most country singers play for a short time or strum once and awhile. You never hear their sound come in and come out. Brad’s the star of the show, he plays & sings perfectly!

Anonymous

Howdy folks! Currently Brad is using a pair of BD-2 pedals and Baked Ts9 pedals from us. Zac Childs also has a compressor of ours (Keeley Electronics). He said he was using it live and gonna give a report soon. You can find more in the November 03 issue of Vintae Guitar Magazine. Thanks! rk

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.