Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hondo 1981 semi acoustic

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone have any historical information about my 1981 Hondo semi acoustic.I am led to believe it is fitted with Dimazio pickups (kind of a cream colour humbuckers). The label inside shows it is a type HL5FBB International Music corporation guitar

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I bought a Hondo HL5FBB semi acoustic guitar new in the UK in 1986, when they had just come out here, (so yours might not be as old as "81") the BB stands for "big bodied" Hondo also called them "Fat Boy" guitars in their promo advertising,I think the humbuckers pick ups are actual Dimarzios as they sound superb and the over all volume control is fantastic for controling feedback,I still have my guitar, it is going strong as ever and I wouldn’t part with it, this model was part of an attempt by Hondo to produce more up market models, which this certainly is, my guitar wasn’t cheap at £250 new in 86 but apparantly the value for money was so great that these new line of guitars, helped practicly bankrupt Hondo, Congradulations you have yourself a real joy of a guitar

Anonymous

: I can’t say I know much about it’s history but if it’s anything like the one I bought a couple of years ago it’s a really nice guitar. All I know is that the time that these were made was a good time for Hondo Guitars and they were good quality, but you already knew that.

Anonymous

this is another question rather than a follow up. Anyone know anything about a Hondo 637 Series semi? Kind of Gibson copy with a ply top, a massive block inside, and two "humbuckers" (may be something nasty inside). it didn’t cost much, so the truth won’t hurt!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.