• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i wanna what this mode all about and it can be used practically(especially while improvising)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I presume you know how to play a c-major scale. If you start on D instead on C, and play the same scale (c-major) from D to D you’ve got the Dorian Mode. If you play the same scale (c-major) from E to E you’ve got a frygian mode. The frygian mode may sound kind of spanish. This is becausse of the relationship between the first and the secound note (E and F). The distance is a half step, while in the C-major it’s a whole step. The secound note(F) is then a special note becausse it’s what makes the frygian instead of aolian (mode-name for the major scale). When it comes to improvisning you play these modes on top of chord/chord-progression that fit with the mode. For instance, try to use the F often in progressions where you are improvising with the frygian mode. (F/E) is a nice chord to use in that situasjon, becausse you very clearly get the relarionship between F and E. There is a lot of very interesting theory on this sucject. More than I can go through right now. I suggest you buy a theory book. It’s great stuff if you feel you have need for some new inspiration, or you are interested in music theory. : i wanna what this mode all about and it can be used practically(especially while improvising)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.