Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics want info on Ampeg Rocket 2 single channel combo

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have recently aquired a super clean Ampeg Rocket 2 single channel combo with a 12" speaker (tremelo, no reverb). Having trouble getting definative info on this jewel — the Ampeg and St Louis Music sites are no help— Believe it was made in 65, other than that I need some help. Questions: What was the original speaker (Jensen?), what is the output of this amp, and in mint condition (which it is with the exception of the non original speaker) what is the current value ? It is a model GS-12 SN 010599 Any info you can supply or related links would be greatly appreciated – Thanx Cliff Eastman: [email protected]

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Cliff- I too have just found one of these amps…..I will see what I can find, as I am looking for the same info – speaker, wattage, etc. Let me know if you get anything, as well! Thanks…John

Anonymous

I JUST bought one myself in Atlanta for $350 tax included….has Jensen speaker…amp sounds great with my EMG pickups but I want to hear with humbuckers….paob sounds great….compared to $850 they wanted for an old deluxe reverb fender, I think it is a great buy, and it is in mint condition.. It is much louder than I thought, and way louder when I parelleled a 12" Eminence bringinging the impedence down to 4ohms……I when back to the single 12 cause it was too loud and clean with the 2—12’s. I think with a drummer it will be nice to have the extra volumn it seems to have befor breakup. Hope th speaker holds up when I play it on 8 or 10 constantly. : I have recently aquired a super clean Ampeg Rocket 2 single channel combo : with a 12" speaker (tremelo, no reverb). Having trouble getting definative : info on this jewel — the Ampeg and St Louis Music sites are no help— Believe it was made in 65, other than that I need some help. : Questions: What was the original speaker (Jensen?), : what is the output of this amp, and in mint condition (which it is with the exception of the non original speaker) what is the current value ? : It is a model GS-12 SN 010599 Any info you : can supply or related links would be greatly appreciated – Thanx : Cliff Eastman: [email protected]

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.