Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics What’s the difference between a baritone guitar and a normal guitar?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am a little confused on what the difference between a baritone guitar and a "normal" guitar is. I was trying out an ESP FB-200 and it played like a "normal" guitar. If someone could just take a few minutes to explain the difference, I would be SO grateful. Thanx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Baritone strings are just strings. I play .13-.56 on my normal electric, and tune it to B. On a 24 3/4 scale guitar though, the low tuning makes the strings sloppy, hence the need for thicker strings

Anonymous

Can you put baritone strings on a regular electric?

Anonymous

it seems weird to me that no one has mentioned the fact that the baritone guitar is tuned one fifth lower than "normal" guitars. I’ve been trying to find out more about these instruments so if anyone has more information that hasn’t been said please e-mail me with it.

Anonymous

: I am a little confused on what the difference between a baritone guitar and a "normal" guitar is. I was trying out an ESP FB-200 and it played like a "normal" guitar. If someone could just take a few minutes to explain the difference, I would be SO grateful. Thanx

Anonymous

Baritones are like guitars…but are a little shorter scaled so you can tune down to like and a, and its not too loose and you still have the options of .009 now could you tell me what the difference between esp and ltd is?

Anonymous

the difference between esp and ltd is that of the difference between gibson and epiphone. just made from different wood and out of a different country

Anonymous

Baritone guitar is tuned down 5 steps; starts with low B to high B. Since the emphasis is on the low end, the box and the scale may be "deeper"

Anonymous

well the deal is, that a baritone guitar has a longer scale. The ones we made at baker guitars when I was ther were something like 27-28 inches rather than the standard 25.5 because of this longer scale the guitar can be tuned lower and still maintain string tention.

Anonymous

Baritones are different, their scale is longer as mentioned above, to retain the string tention. Yamaha makes a drop six @ 26 1/4 inch scale length. the esp baritone series is @ 27 and mike mushoks signature from ibanez is 28" The standard baritone tuning is B E A D G F# B The standard sting size are .13’s (.13-.56 as oppossed to standard .09-.42 on a 24 3/4 – 25 1/2 scale) Hope that was of some help

Anonymous

uhhhhh….ok..if you say so…..actually…what a baritone guitar is…is a guitar that plays between a regular guitar…and a bass guitar…hence the name baritone. It is usually tuned from the octave below the normal A string *on a guitar* up to that A string. There is no difference in size or weight really, the only difference really is the strings, nut and bridge…you can get string sets from Labella strings for the baritone guitar.

Anonymous

Yup, they are great for alt tunings, and the guy from STAIND plays one… and that has rekindled ‘pop’ interest in them. : well the deal is, that a baritone guitar has a longer scale. The ones we made at baker guitars when I was ther were something like 27-28 inches rather than the standard 25.5 : because of this longer scale the guitar can be tuned lower and still maintain string tention.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.