How is STAGG guitars quality???

Posted by Benim adým gomiser ceylan on Mon, 05/06/02 - 07:49:32.

How is this?

More Stagg Guitars Information:

•Reviews
•Videos
•Information
•Prices
All available on our Stagg page

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How is STAGG guitars quality???

: How is this?
ok.... wow everyone is talking about a guitar brand. One guy even called american's yanks over it. Holy crap you guys need better things to worry about in your lives. what was with the cool guy who made jokes about eyes and sunlight? man hes really gay. I played a skagg today and I cant tell the difference. Im not a beginner, i have been playing for years and I am in a sucessful band in california. I say, if you like a skagg get one, dont listen to a bunch of losers in a forum

ive aLWAYS BEEN FASINATED BY HOMOSEXUALLITY

: ive aLWAYS BEEN FASINATED BY HOMOSEXUALLITY&^INSERTING MY PENIS IN ANOTHER MALES ANUS OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it!!!

: How is this?; Stagg guitars... beautiful works of art basically, i bought mine for £100(thats around $140 ROUGHLY) and i've not regreted it, i mainly bought it cos' it was cheap, but i have to say i fell in love with it after striking the strings for the first time, i'll never buy an expensive guitar when i can get a £100 STAGG...

I've bought mine about 5 years ago and i still have it and it still works perfect. stagg makes quallity guitars for a good price

I've bought mine about 5 years ago and i still have it and it still works perfect. stagg makes quallity guitars for a good price

Can we, or atleast I get a answer from somone that can actually type. The opinions of most of you in that the way you type makes me think that you are of 14 years of age. I have played guitar for 5 years and only have 2 guitars. It is time for me to get a new guitar, and I wanted something like a Les Paul.I do not have the money so am wondering if Stagg is good.

IM 11 years old i've been playing nearly a year I started of with a Stagg S300 then i realise is got the buzz diesease (String makes a buzzig noise) I went to academy of sound and they said it would cost 60 quid to fix!!! so i say stagg has no quality whats so ever

: IM 11 years old i've been playing nearly a year I started of with a Stagg S300 then i realise is got the buzz diesease (String makes a buzzig noise) I went to academy of sound and they said it would cost 60 quid to fix!!! so i say stagg has no quality whats so ever

Bless you, my little 11 year old! Aaaahhh - so SWEET! UUUUURGH!!

Come on, sonny - its called a "setup", and every guitar you'll ever play will need one. I own 2 Staggs (1 Tele-alike, 1 LP-alike), both of which are fantastic value for money and play superbly - but only 'cos I spent time SETTING THEM UP PROPERLY. If you wan't a guitar that is perfectly set up straight from the factory, you'll need to go to the Fender Custom Shop and have one custom made just for you, with YOUR fret sizes, YOUR string guages, YOUR string height ("action"), YOUR nut height, etc. etc. etc.

Frankly, at 11 years old, I'm amazed that you can even REACH the fingerboard, let alone detect any fret buzz!! You'll learn a lot as you get older, and you'll surely be a much better guitarist than me. But whatever you do - before you make ridiculous comments about the quality of anyone's guitars - engage your brain FIRST, then open your mouth.....

: : IM 11 years old i've been playing nearly a year I started of with a Stagg S300 then i realise is got the buzz diesease (String makes a buzzig noise) I went to academy of sound and they said it would cost 60 quid to fix!!! so i say stagg has no quality whats so ever

: Bless you, my little 11 year old! Aaaahhh - so SWEET! UUUUURGH!!

: Come on, sonny - its called a "setup", and every guitar you'll ever play will need one. I own 2 Staggs (1 Tele-alike, 1 LP-alike), both of which are fantastic value for money and play superbly - but only 'cos I spent time SETTING THEM UP PROPERLY. If you wan't a guitar that is perfectly set up straight from the factory, you'll need to go to the Fender Custom Shop and have one custom made just for you, with YOUR fret sizes, YOUR string guages, YOUR string height ("action"), YOUR nut height, etc. etc. etc.

: Frankly, at 11 years old, I'm amazed that you can even REACH the fingerboard, let alone detect any fret buzz!! You'll learn a lot as you get older, and you'll surely be a much better guitarist than me. But whatever you do - before you make ridiculous comments about the quality of anyone's guitars - engage your brain FIRST, then open your mouth.....

leave the kid alone. it would have been just as easy to explain what a setup than to ridicule him for making a comment if your reading this kid you just keep playing and enjoying yourself. your going to meet loads of grumpy bastards like this along the road og life but remember they will die of stress related illness long before you do.

stagg

I have got about 16 guitars but I think that my stagg is better than my fender

these are great guitars when set up correctly. i find the L series to be a great alternative to the gibson les pual. the l series give that same deep bluesy tone but at a fraction of the cost of a les pual.

there not quality, there crap, they are so crap that they cant even stay in tune for 5 minues, waste of wood

why are people saying that stagg is good and cheap when you can buy a perfectly good squier form argos for £200 and its much better, so stagg are shit asshole!

the thing is though, i really like stagg, even though they are shit, im shit so it dosent matter

i like to shag my stagg

STAGG ARE SO SHIT, THEY COPY OTHER "GOOD" GUITAR MAKES DESIGNS, THEY SOUND SHIT, THEY FEEL SHIT AND YOU KNOW WAT? THERE SHIT!!!!!!!!

guitar info

A little less bad mouthing and more useful information wouldn't go amiss then some useful information might make this site worth visiting.

Regard to all

Mike

stagg L250 les paul is

stagg L250 les paul is great...astig!!!!

How is STAGG guitars quality

I owned fender guitars and stagg guitars, both guality are the same. there the best guitars I have ever owned, and I owned alot of them, I have been playing since I was 12. I am 47 know, I hope this helps, thanks.

Great quality, Amazing sound

I work in a guitar repair shop, I get to play lots of nice top end guitars and have a modest collection myself. I was not too familiar with Stagg when we took one in on trade, a Les Paul knock-off. After doing a set up that we do standard on all of our trade in instruments and a fresh set of strings I sat down and played this guitar. I was absolutely amazed at the rich mellow sound and sustain that was coming from this "cheap" little guitar. We had a customers Gibson Les Paul in for a set up, when he came in to pick it up I asked if he'd mind if we did I did a side by side comparison between the two. He was speechless, there was little if any noticeable difference in the two. I was delighted that it performed so well. Guess what? That trade in Stagg came home with me that day, and has quickly become one of my favorite guitars.

Rolls or a skoda

Firstly, if you think they are "shyte" how come you got one. What did you expect for the money you knew it was cheap. All i can think is your playing is shyte and you need a fx pedal to mask your mistakes..I got a couple class guitars i also got a Stagg L400 white /gold/. It looks the dogs wotsits and ok the sound is not the best in the toy box but its ok in my book but then again i can play. I use it on my Zoom 707 pedal ( to cover my mistakes ; -) and it makes good music. You won't see many on stage gigs, but in house's, Have a few beers and hey enjoy it. For £100 ish pounds its not a custom shop is it.

Stagg guitars

I play guitar for a living, and my main guitar for the past 12-13 years has been an American made Custom Classic telecaster. Two Texas Special strat pickups in the neck, and middle position, and a Texas Special telecaster pickup in the bridge, shielded cavities/pickguard with a star ground. Recently a friend "gave" me a Stagg strat that was in pieces.....the neck was warped, it had no nut, no claw, or springs for the tremolo, the input was shorted out, the ground was ripped off, and the tuners were very sticky, but upon inspection it looked like a very nicely put together axe. I took the claw, and springs from some no name guitar that had nothing, but the claw, and spring left in it, a brass nut off of another piece of junk, then I fixed the input jack, and ground wiring, I put new strings on it, and adjusted the truss rod which straightened the neck perfectly as well as slight fret leveling (whoever owned the guitar previously had played chords only, and the frets were pretty worn closer to the head stock, but still pristine toward the body), worked the tuners until they loosened up perfectly.....did a proper set up on the action, and intonation , and I was utterly AMAZED at the quality of this cheap instrument. I'm now replacing my American Custom Shop telecaster with this cheap ass Stagg as my main stage guitar. The quality can NOT be beat with these instruments in my opinion.

Stagg 72 Thinline

I bought one in 1978. Great guitar most impressive is the fretboard action. After a few years it started getting problems with the electrics but a couple of years ago I got all the guts replaced and a couple of Bluesbuckers. Beautiful sound and great to play.

Are you shure it was a Stagg?

Are you shure it was a Stagg you bought in 1978?

According to this Stagg Information page, they didn't start until 1995.

I have Stagg SG G-300,and

I have Stagg SG G-300,and i'm quite happy with it. Don't be afraid,buy it if you like it.

P.S. Haters gonna hate.

Stagg guitars

There are so many juvenile almost illiterate remarks regarding Stagg guitars probably made by incompetent non-descript guitarists.
I do not own one, but have played one or two, they are what you pay for and sometimes even better. I have a Gibson SJ 200 standard amongst my collection and is by no means the easiest of guitars to play and the sound is no better than my Dean or Luna guitars. But they are all uniquely different sounds and the difference in price is sometimes over £2,000. And if you mention quality, the etched pattern on the finger plate on the Gibson is beginning to fade, and its only two months old and played rarely, probably for about three hours in total. Hows that for quality on a guitar costing over £2500.

fools, all of you

You are imbeciles, almost all of you.

Your extreme and overwhelming stupidity is so mind-blowing that it's difficult to understand how you can even play an instrument, yet alone live a normal life. I sincerely hope the majority of you no-brains are little kids. That would at least explain such profound and pathetic ignorance.

Nothing wrong with Stagg. The problem, is probably you.

Stagg Guitars

About 5 or 6 years ago, I began shopping for my first electric guitar, ( I currently own 7 guitars) since I am not a professional guitarist I didn't allocate a huge amount of money to a hobby pursuit, I looked at all kinds of guitars mostly in the 200-500 $ range. I bought a Stagg LP for about 199$ because it was better sounding, smoother playing and finished much nicer than any guitars I could find in my price range.I swear this guitar could have come off the same construction line as the 499$ Epiphone LP Deluxe's, the Staggs finish is execellant, the body is bound, the rosewood neck is true and the fret wires were even and nicely rounded on the ends'(unlike many Squires I played, that had sharp and jagged fret ends). I bought this guitar because I judged it superior to the Epiphones in same price ranges, and have never regretted it, I did some minor set-up adjustments for a bit of low end buzz and that is the only maintaince it has ever needed, in fact my 600$ PRS needed more set-up adjustments. Try a Stagg if the one you're looking at plays well, consider buying it, if not what have youy lost?

Stagg opinion.

Ok. I am getting on a bit age wise but played guitar for 50+ yrs. I only have 3 guitars thats all i ever needed. My pride is my Fender f55-12 my kick about is a Samik archtop well worn but well played. I also have a Stagg L/P copy white /gold. It cost me pennies compared to the others but let me give
my opinion. For Its shop price of £140 +its a give away, it looks a million dollars when its clean and the sound i find is dam good. I use a digitech rp355 and the sounds i get are quiet amazing. Ok It does require a tune now and then but not a problem. I have had no gripes in the 3 yrs i have owned it. I change strings regular but thats just me. I use Ernie Ball S/S 9-42s. Do not expect to get a Stagg out its box and play, spend some time on set up (thats why the bridge is adjustable, String height and intonation. If you want a kick about guitar then you cant go far wrong with the Stagg. Now i said all that without slagging anyone off or effin and blinding. I gave my opinion how i feel about the guitar. If wanted a high end name then i would have paid £ four fig but i don't. Oh A friend of mine used my Stagg for a live gig and he was dead chuffed with its performance (he's a good player) so lets all enjoy our Staggs or if you can't then sell the dam thing.

Stagg Les Paul copy

I love my Stagg. It is a L320 LP copy. I can't see much of a difference between it and a Gibson. I have a Gibson L6 which is similar to a Les Paul. Both are great guitars, but the Stagg cost $100 from a guy on Craig's List. He even included an awesome strap, that must have cost $50+ alone. Some guy on a different forum said he worked for Stagg and they are made at the same factories Epiphone makes their Les Pauls. I don't know if this is true, but this is what he said.

How is STAGG guitars quality???

i own a stagg stratocaster(copy) and i am having problem with the guitar....... the fret buzzing is pissing me and it wont be solved.... i have taken it to the guitar maintenance for couple of times but the problem is still on.... i don't know what to do???

Stagg

More Stagg Videos

Stagg Mini Jumbo Acoustic Guitar

I didn't buy one, I won it by getting 3rd place in a guitar competition. The action was really high, and acoustically it sounded kinda boxy, but it was free, so I took it home. I ran it thru my p.a. system thru the low z plug in...and was really surprised how warm it sounded. So, I lowered the action a bit, did some other modifications, and I really love this thing. I am truly surprised.

Stagg acoustic/electric

I've had my Staff for a couple of years, good quality and sound. The
only dislike I have about it is the action is high... but nothing the local
guitar shop can't fix.

stagg guitars

I bought a stagg copy of a telecaster a few years back. I have played guitars for 40 years,so I know what I am doing with them. I have to say, it is certainly the best copy I have ever owned. I love the feel,playability,but most of all the killer sound. its an awesome axe.

Never felt anythng like it

many people on this blog are talking alot of crap about stagg but i have played for years have owned everything from gibson les paul to fender strat to even a bc rich warlock and i found my soulmate guitar in a music shop i went to for my birthday i tried a few guitars and i as always am very picky about what i play testing a few out retuning them was a pain even the fenders and "high class " gibsons went out of tune fast then one guitar caught my eye as i was about to walk out the door it was a Stagg S402-GBK Standard "Fat S" Natural Satin Strat. i picked it up and it's beauty and purity overwhelmed meas i took it to the amp i figured something that felt so right must have no sound quality i plugged it in and it had stayed in tune the entire time since someone last tested it its two single coils and one humbucker gave the most diverse tone quality i've ever heard it can be light and beautiful and then again heavy and intense she's the perfect guitar i can't express eenog how much of a connection imade with the instrument but i wouldn't give that up for the world.

staff's other instruments.

While I can't vouch for the quality of stagg guitars, their other, more obscure instruments (mandolin and banjo, both of which I own) are unbelievably poor. I bought the mandolin because I wanted to try out the instrument and the banjo was a gift from a non musical family member. The mandolin came with a twisted neck, the top string doesn't protect at ALL and the bridge is badly cut. The banjo had a lovely open tone, it looks stellar, but all of the frets about 7 are mid-sized so the notes are flat. The octave is utterly horrible. I could not recommend these instruments any less.

you get what you pay for. if

you get what you pay for. if you pay $150.00 for an instrument, you should not expect more than plywood and pick-ups. you want quality, buy Gibson or a Fender, they cost about 30 times the amount of a stagg, but they will last you a lifetime, and all you will need to do is change the strings several times a year.

Stagg guitars

I own a number of guitars, off brands, and American standards, les Paul, tele, v's, strats, etc etc. I've learned not to count on a guitar brand, and don't count on your American made guitar not to have overseas parts, manufacturing, electronics, and so on. In the end if you've played enough guitars you can see feel and hear quality from poo... So play it, feel it, hear it, examine hardware, construction, types of woods and joinery, and evaluate if these parameters fit its price, then make a decision if you want it...

Stagg R500

I have an R500 in blue and it really is a lovely guitar, bought from PMT in Southend uk. Very nice price. I play it through a 30 watt roland bolt tube amp plugged into a 4x10 cab with zoom effects and it sounds immense!

If got a stagg bass for 7

If got a stagg bass for 7 years now,played about 2 of those 7years.it went in the closet for 5 years still tuned.got it out the other day,neck was still straight.i changed the battery on the magnetic pickup,tuned it.same quality and great sound
Its an awesome guiter

They suck.

They suck.

stagg bass guitar

Well,what that i say...i'm professional musician from over than 20 years and believe me or not i play Stagg basses.A bc300 and bc300 5 string bass guitar.I modified my basses with a Seymour Duncan pick ups and it's playing like a dream!Great full adler body,maple neck like most expencive bass guitars.Yes,the build quality and the woods from they made from are great even tuners stay in tune for a long time.So don't be a stupid and give a Stagg a chance.

a trad strat version

The only experience i had with one was during an inpromtu jam and i played some guys guitar. It had insanely authentic 50,s sounding pups ala Hank which apparently were stock to it .. but who knows.

I have owned the L320

I have owned the L320 "gothic black" model for a few months now, and jumpin jesus on a pogo stick, I am impressed! The action is a little high for my liking, but I haven't brought it in for a setup yet. Other than that, it plays like a dream, neck is very straight and the frets seem pretty even, none of these bowing issues or varying fret heights people keep mentioning. It's like any guitar make though isn't it? Some are lemons, and it's a shame, but it's a fact. I've played Gibsons, Fenders, Gretches, PRS guitars that have sounded like shit or felt cumbersome or just not right in your hands.
I play a lot of metal, blues and rockabilly kind of stuff, and the L320 has a great tone for metal on the bridge pickup and it knocks the shit out of my ass for playing blues/rockabilly funk on the neck pickup. the inlay is nice too

Staggs are total shit and really great

The one thing I notice about all of these guitar review sites is that disckless little nerds with no talent bang on about how a string broke or it won't stay in tune or how if it ain't mahogany it's just cardboard crap, and clearly these kinds of people are just pointless. I have owned over 40 guitars of all types in my life and I have recorded countless hours of pro music for myself and many others and played more live gigs than most of you have had hot lunches and here's the poop from a REAL guitar player:

Strings are a personal choice and there's so many kinds out there. Strings behave differently on different guitars. There are cheap strings and there are expensive strings for show-off widdlers who think massive displays of bending annoyance constitutes actual talent. But in reality pretty much any name brand medium quality guitar string like for instance Earnie Ball works perfectly fine for 99% of everybody.

Yes there are cheapo strings and some new cheapo guitars come fitted with them from the factory but anybody who just sticks with whatever strings came on a particular guitar is obviously a novice with no valid experience so their input is equally useless. Only a complete dogturd would rate any guitar by what strings it has on it.

Pickups in standard form are just magnets with wire wrapped around them. It's not rocket science. Some people even make their own. Again the actual cost of a pickup doesn't seem to bear any relation to how good it will sound. I've played a vast range of pickups and I swear some of the best tonal qualities I ever got were from some single coil cheapo things off a 1980's Kay guitar and an even older Guyatone.

Wood is wood and most people couldn't tell the subtle tonal difference between mahogany and plywood if they didn't know which was which. There are guitars made from perspex and plastic and aluminum and all sorts of things and and you will certainly find some pro players who could afford whatever they want playing non-wood guitars, so it's generally pointless to bang on about what a guitar is made from. The weight and build quality is far more important. I have a 1980's Gibson SG and some unbranded 1970's Japanese SG copy and I like them both pretty much equally. The Jap guitar weighs less so is easier to play standing up at gigs and sounds pretty much the same through the same amps etc.

Now the important bit: cost. All I can say is that if you want for instance a Strat type of guitar you can spend about 200 on a Squier or 2000 on a Fender and blind folded you probably can't tell the difference which one you're playing. So if you want a wooden fashion statement then buy one, and if you want a decent instrument at an affordable price then buy a Stagg.

It really is that simple.

I've got 2 Stagg strat

I've got 2 Stagg strat copy's. Not sure of the model numbers, but they're both what I believe to be slightly earlier models, as they both have the solid gold/bronze 3d headstock logo, not the sticker/decal type.
Can they compare to high end guitars?, not really, but then why would they!!! It'd be like getting an England football team, and expecting them to do something f#@:ing worthwhile! I know nice guitars, I own nice guitars, so im not just chit shatting. The 2nd Stagg strat I've just picked up cost me £30!!! Of course it needed a set of strings and setting up, but then what guitar wouldn't? The Stagg plays great, has a nice balance, a really good finish, and considering the pickups are probably made of melted down fairies wings, they really don't sound bad. And to the window lickers who think they're so shit the necks just snap off, what the hell are you doing with it!!
Nowt wrong with Stagg guitars, pick em up, set em up, and enjoy playing the thing

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.