How is STAGG guitars quality???

Posted by Benim adým gomiser ceylan on Mon, 05/06/02 - 07:49:32.

How is this?

More Stagg Guitars Information:

•Reviews
•Videos
•Information
•Prices
All available on our Stagg page

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Stagg LP

I bought a sunburst Stagg LP off ebay for £25! The ad said spares or repairs so i was expecting a wreck. When it arrived it was almost like new ( seen worse hanging on the wall in shops as new). A replacement pickup selector switch (£1 from China including postage) and replacing a broken tone knob (4 for £1 from China including postage) and all is well. It's so well set up I suspect the last owner had had it professionally done. I own far too many guitars including Gibsons and frankly, the Stagg is almost as good as the high end guitars I own. For the money new, they can't be faulted, for a grand total of £27 it's almost unbelievable.

Stagg L-350

I'm not sure about anyone else, and the negative reviews. I bought a Stagg L-350 at a local gutar shop, along with a 15 watt Crate amp, the gig bag, a DigiTech RP150...and the guy threw in a Pyle CDMI73 (a Shure SM43 clone) for free...said he couldn't get it to work, when I told him I tinker with those kinds of things...he just gave it to me!! Got the whole lot for $200.00, and all that was wrong with the mic was a loose wire...best sounding vocal mic I've ever heard. I can't complain about the Stagg L-350...yeah, it's a Les Paul copy...but a DAMN GOOD copy at that. Once I got it all set up and tuned...I tested it against my friends Gibson Les Paul Custom...and I couldn't tell the difference...feel, playability, sound. The only difference that I could tell was that the Stagg was a slight bit lighter, but no by much. I absolutely LOVE mine...I got the one in Root Beer Sunburst finish, and he had another one in a blue sunburst finish that I am going to go and buy tomorrow. Awesome guitars.

Stagg Guitar

I'm hesitant to comment based on some of what I've seen above, but here goes:

I have been playing guitar 38 years. I bought a used Stagg Les Paul copy 3 years ago for CAD$150. It was a beautiful looking instrument - very nice woodgrains front and back. Yes I'm aware the top was probably thin veneer, but an audience would never know. It played as good as my real Gibson, and sounded good as well. I can't compare the sound as my real LP had P90's and the Stagg had humbuckers. It stayed in tune and I had no problems with intonation or neck warping. The only issue I had with the guitar was one of the tuneomatic saddle screws would loosen up and rattle. not enough to hear through an amp, but acoustically it could be heard. A drop of locktite would have cured it, but I didn't get around to doing it. As other have commented, it's so inexpensive that you don't worry about it. I gigged with mine and left it in a guitar stand on stage.

I lost my guitars in a fire and would gladly buy another Stagg if I could find one.

J

Stagg

I wen to buy a guitar from a guy and noticed the body of another under wood in his garage.
Asking what is was he said and old stagg will burn it he said.
So i asked how much did he want he said give me £20.
Its a cracker i favour this to my gibsons my fenders, what a pleasure to play.
Its a PRS shape will never let this guitar go.

Don't be put off by the price of Stagg instruments

I play guitar and bought one of their J bass's a few years ago with a view to upgrade once I'd learned bass... had it set-up and I can now play bass to a good standard - and I still have the Stagg!! I even took it into the guitar shop to part exchange on a genuine Fender Jazz bass and it was difficult to justify the extra money as a non-pro bassist when we did a sound and playability check.

So if you can play really well and have the money, then yes you can definately justify the spend on a top end instrument. However, for those starting off or on a tight budget, then the Stagg will do a good job - especially when set-up (and played) well.

stagg guitar

I bought a 12string acoustic in a pawn shop for $45 - took it home, cleaned it up, put new strings on it - it sounds as good, and play as good as my 12 string washburn. needless to say I paid a whole lot more for the washburn

Stagg guitars

Have tried, set up and played both stagg and rockburn les paul style guitars, once set up to ones personal taste both played well with perfectly acceptable tone, I have played both through my marshall jsm2000 dsl head and a roland street cube with great results and a reasonable range of sounds . For the money I think they offer entry level buyers excellent value.

Just another comment of a more general nature, trashing a brand or make with profanities (that means swearing to the moronic individuals who use these adjectives, nouns and verbs) is unhelpful to beginners who may be seeking informed opinion and guidance. Not all muso's possess a vocabulary of four letter expletives. If you think something is inferior explain why and how, don't just trash it, that's so ignorant.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.