Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Heaviest Distortion Guitar Sound – DI

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m looking for a unit which will allow my current sound to be carried DI to my BR-8 without losing too much ‘crunch’ and the tone of my sound.

I current don’t have a mic set-up as i’m more interested in finding a potential DI system to record my guitars…..i record a lot late at night and simply can’t have my amp at any volume.

I’ve heard about the RedBox and SansAmp being pretty good for geeting a great heavy distorted sound direct to a multitrack recorder, but does anyone here have another ‘unit’ they could suggest to get my guitar sound recorded without to much of the actual power and tone being lost.

thanks
    Rod.C

Related Article:
    Finding The Best Distortion Pedal

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I’m looking for a unit which will allow my current sound to be carried DI to my BR-8 without losing too much ‘crunch’ and the tone of my sound. : I current don’t have a mic set-up as i’m more interested in finding a potential DI system to record my guitars…..i record a lot late at night and simply can’t have my amp at any volume. : I’ve heard about the RedBox and SansAmp being pretty good for geeting a great heavy distorted sound direct to a multitrack recorder, but does anyone here have another ‘unit’ they could suggest to get my guitar sound recorded without to much of the actual power and tone being lost. : thanks : Rod.C Hey Rod, I don’t know how old this post is, but I just found it while searching on google. Something I use in my studio that I am very very happy with, is the Line 6 POD. It has awesome distortion with out using a real amp! And many other effects. Hope i was helpful, http://www.mastrecords.com

Anonymous

Personally,I use several different dist. pedals,for a changes in tone; 1)Ibanez SM-9 Good,classic 70’s sound.With a touch of "PUNK". 2)Digitech RP-10 Has detune,pitch-shift,and cabinet sims.Not used live,but recording is great.Awesome reverbs,delays and chorus. 3)Ibanez Smash box Razor sharp,scooped sound.Like sand-paper.With flanger…yeah! 4)Dan-O Fab tone Digital recording!! Fuck the tone.The meanest stomper…KILLS THEM ALL! Cheap too. 5)Marshall Shred Master Lots of mids,not gritty(SM-9).Smooth and Beefy. Digital recording…Fab Tone/RP-10 Analog…SM-9/Marshall Others-Rockman 1/2 rack,Chandler,Rat…yada,yada. Thanx for your patience

Anonymous

most of the pedals or units you listed are "good" for going into an amp but NOT FOR RECORDING !!!!!!!!!!!! You’ll get a synthetic crap-sound if you go direct into a computer with them !! I am also seeking the right gear for direct recording heavy distortion sounds. At the moment I’m working with the POD (Line6)…I’m quite satisfied but it isn’t the "real thing" yet ! When you go direct into a computer, you need more than a classic speaker simulator, built in in several effect units the last five years. YOU NEED MODELLING-TECHNOLOGY !!!! Otherwise it sucks ! As mentioned above – I’m always seeking the right gear. So is there anybody out there who compared units like – POD – H&K TUBEMAN – SANSAMP GT2, TRIAXIS, – BOSS GT6 (with 24Bit digital out!) – ENGL TUBETONE – JOHNSON – DIGITECH – YAMAHA DG STOMP …… ACCORDING TO DIRECT-IN RECORDING. ..please answer

Anonymous

Direct to computer…yes.I use the Akai DPS12…Hmm. I still love my RP-10 + Tube preamp.The RP-10 has a nice cabinet simulator and E.Q. Plus,it’s stereo,has detune and cool reverbs.The dist. aren’t bad if you tweak ’em right.Sometimes I’ll use a stomper routed thru the RP…heh,heh. Good Luck

Anonymous

hi im a newbee at bass guitaring and also im 15 so ya , i got some slipknot songs down packed ( heavy metal) and i was wondering what distortion pedals should i use on a washburn bass with fender humbuckers , i want a heavy sound can annyone help meon that ???? i also have a marshalls amp!

Anonymous

These pedals haven’t let me down yet.And besides,they’re inexpensive.

Anonymous

Remember it’s ALL IN THE MIX !!

Anonymous

….so let’s see –> would you mind sending me an mp3-Sample? (e-mail – see above) –> I’m curious.

Anonymous

Sure.I got some throw together Copyright stuff.Uhh, how do I do that??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.