Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics guitar strings size

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi, I use an Ibanez "S" series, which is the best size and what kind of strings I have to use to better my speed performances?Thanx!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have used different strings, but at the moment I am back to light gauge(9), beacuse they are good for playing stuff where I use bending quite much. But what ever you do, DON`T buy Ernie Ball strings! I broke high E, B and G strings with a month after puting a set of Ernie Balls on to my guitar.

Anonymous

I find heavier guage strings (12’s) easier to ‘shred’ on and control… they hold up better to agressive attack, 9’s and 10’s I always end up breaking, but plenty of people play them great… it all depends on your ‘stlye’, so just experiment with different gauges and mix and match em too… if your breaking G, B, and E’s then beef em up. : Hi, I use an Ibanez "S" series, which is the best size and what kind of strings I have to use to better my speed performances?Thanx!

Anonymous

there are a lot of things to consider when deciding what is the best thing for you. The firt thing you really need to cosider is your tuning. if you are tuned standard eadgbe then anything bigger than 11’s is probably very excessive. If you tune down a step or two like some people then you might consider something a little heavier. I like 13’s when i’m tuned around c-c#. but I like 10’s for being tuned from Eb-F. Mainly don’t buy crap. Cheap strings sound cheap, play cheap, and break. I had this problem with Ernie Ball (as much as I would Love to support them there factory is about 30 miles from my house) . Their strings just sound like muddy floppy shit. They don’t hold tune well, and they break way too much. So I switched brands and then tried out a few gauges and found something I liked. You will just have to experiment and find what works for you.

Anonymous

oh…/oh.oh.oh spagettios hello my name is jimi pop and i’m like to fly i’m not old or new but middle still 5th grade like juniour high i do’nt know most folks but i’ll keep pushing like i don’t know why..oh spagettio

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.