Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics S. D. Curlee electric gutars

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

GREAT PLAYING GUITAR, QUICK AND PAINLESS PLAYING. DO NOT HAVE TO WORK OR PUSH HARD ON STRINGS TO GET SOUND. HAS BRASS PLATE ON BACK.BOUGHT NEW IN 78 BY MY FATHER WHO GAVE IT TO ME. BEAUTIFUL GUITAR.

Anonymous

: does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back?

Anonymous

: : does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back? I have one of the SD "Yankee" basses and it is a great mid scale bass. It is perfect for me. Much like a Travis Bean the pickups are mounted to the neck and bolted into the body. So it is part neck thru/ bolt-on This gives it great sustain and a piano like tone/ growl.

Anonymous

: does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back?

Anonymous

i think i really screwed up the first time i tried this, but i’ll try again anyway. yes, i own an s.d.curlee, it’s from the late 70’s or early 80’s, i’m not exactly sure though, because it’s my dad’s, so it’s sorta older that me. it has a very pleasant sound and yes, it does have a back plate, right between the fret board and the bridge, except on the back (duh! i knew you already knew that). sorry if i’m not much help, but i can get more info if you would like me to. may i ask why?

Anonymous

1.is it a guitar or bass? 2. is it neck through?(neck goes all the way through the body) 3.if it’s a guitar does it have 2 humbuckers? 4. all brass hardware?

Anonymous

: does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back? I have a SD Curlee bass & yep it does have brass plate on the back. It also has Grover machine heads and a Badass bridge. I have had this bass for about 20 years and have gigged it heavily. It has a great feel and tone and has never left me down.

Anonymous

: : does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back? : I have a SD Curlee bass & yep it does have brass plate on the back. It also has Grover machine heads and a Badass bridge. I have had this bass for about 20 years and have gigged it heavily. It has a great feel and tone and has never left me down. My S.D. Curlee has taken a beating for over 26 years and I can’t name another product that can withstand that! This was my first "GOOD" guitar purchased when the asking price was around $750.00 new. I was 16 at the time and told this small shop owner "All I’ve got is $400.00" Best $400.00 I’d ever spent on a guitar. The guitar has all brass hardware and the plate on the back is gold plated over brass in answer to your question. I’m not sure when the company went out of buisness, but I’ve always felt it was a better deal then if I’d bought a strat or an SG. The hardware and Dimarzio pickups alone said enough, but the 24 fret neck was a bonus.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.