Best Stratocaster Copy

Posted by Sam on Tue, 06/18/02 - 11:32:24.
Advertisement

I want a strat but i cant afford a fender, In your guys opinions what is the best Fender Stratocaster copy out there? Squire, fernandes, etc.

Related Item:
electric guitars
A Fender Stratocaster topped our list of the best Electric Guitars for under $500

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Best Stratocaster Copy

Tokai are fantastic. Unfortunately, people have begun to realise that, in some respects, they are BETTER than Fender and prices are on the up.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Squier. Mine served me well for a couple of years and I loved it.

I've now got a Mexican and it's great. You can pick them up second hand quite cheaply.

Good luck ( and a fine choice I must say ).

I also owned a Squire Strat and it was great. Squire are owned and QCed by Fender and are finding favour on stage with some players. If you serious about wanting a Fender but can't afford the price tag then Squire are as close as you can get without the bulging wallet.

: I also owned a Squire Strat and it was great. Squire are owned and QCed by Fender and are finding favour on stage with some players. If you serious about wanting a Fender but can't afford the price tag then Squire are as close as you can get without the bulging wallet.

By far the best copy of a strat is the Tokia in fact
they produced vintage reproductions that were so close
to the orginals that the were sued by fender or so I'm told.Great guitar if you can find one.Stevey Ray played one good enough for him good for me!

: By far the best copy of a strat is the Tokia in fact
: they produced vintage reproductions that were so close
: to the orginals that the were sued by fender or so I'm told.Great guitar if you can find one.Stevey Ray played one good enough for him good for me!

absolutely!! The Tokai is the best strat repro made, bar none...

Re: Best Stratocaster Copy...Fernandes! !

Tokai's are very good,but pricey.Fernandes are well built,stable necks and good tone.

where i can find an original fernades strat copy

fernandes strat copy...i want one email me if any body knows.

: Tokai's are very good,but pricey.Fernandes are well built,stable necks and good tone.

: my favorite giutar is the one Billie Joe Armstrong uses. his blue fender fernandes stratocaster he calls "Blue". if you know what web site i could find it on please notify me.

I heard that its a good idea only to get Fernandes old stuff, cause their new stuff isnt near as good. I think the colour on BJA's guitar is sonic blue, please notify me if you find where to get one.

get a fender 50s strat, it comes in a blue close to that of bjas sonic blue and has a maple vintage stained fretboard n neck and the standard headstock, then all you needs a seymour duncan jb, guitar is like 600 bucks, pickup is 80

I have found a nice blond maple Fernandes Telecaster. Maple neck body and fretboard. Single coil tone and volume knobs and three way switch.

I cannot find a serial number, or any ID.

Well engineered. 85% mint, Telecaster copy. Frets well, seems to be a very "sound" guitar. There a couple of belt buckle scratches on the back, but nothing bad. It plays great and looks and feels great. What should it sell for?

What is the new guitar selling price on one? (not the "suggested retail price") but what one who shopped, as I do, could really expect to pay for a new one.

I can't find a serial number. It says only FERNANDES , on the peghead logo, then in small case "electronic sound research group". It says Fernandes "MADE IN JAPAN" on the crome back plate at the base of the neck.

I figure about $200.00 new. That's what the pawn shop is asking. there are two owners, one of them thinks $2000 is too cheap. It would help if I knew what they cost new. I like the "axe". I am a name brand fan, Fender martin gibson, but I would make an exception with this piece, I like it, but I don't want to get ripped off.

Can you help?

John

: I want a strat but i cant afford a fender, In your guys opinions what is the best Fender Stratocaster copy out there? Squire, fernandes, etc.
My guitar teacher says Turner are brilliant. He has got an original Fender American and says the Turner is just as good. They sell for only £200 in the UK !!!!
I'm gonna get one.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.