Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics whats the best heavy metal amp

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

right now i use a crate G120CXL. it doesnt sound good unless i use my extreme effects pedal. i bypass the amps effects, and use the extreme. im looking for an amp that i can just plug into and play. i need one that has external speaker jacks. i play through a cabinet with 2 fifteen inch speakers. i was told mesa boogie might be the answer but there are no dealers in my area to try one. any advice would be helpful.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

The Randall Warhead this this will tear your head off! Its designed by Dimbag Darrel its priced aroung $1000 though, but if you can afford it you cant go wrong here.

Anonymous

I don’t listen to very much metal, but i do listen to a ton of metallica. they use mesa boogie mark iv’s. mesa 4×12’s and marshall 2×12’s. mostly mesa equipment. if thats the sound you are looking for, email me. i could give you a complete listing kirks guitar works. good luck.

Anonymous

Man, I can’t believe what I’m reading… Crate? Hughes & Kettner?? Carvin??? Anyone knows these amps suck for metal. No bass response and not much crunch either. A Marshall JCM 900 will have a field day with any of the amps you just mentioned…

One word R-A-N-D-A-L-L!!!

Anonymous

Hmmm.If you’re a guitar player I say Carvin,Carvin Carvin.They are much smoother than Mashall’s,have good tone and are ridiculously powerful!!My old Carvin head
      will canniblize any Marshall.

Anonymous

I have to say the Mesa Recs are great amps, esp when cranked, but they are LOUD. I like the Hughes Kettner line as well, the tube 50 and triamp are great tubed amps, in combo and heads. Marshall 2000 are faved by some, it’s really a matter of preference, persoanlly I dont care for them alot, but.. I haven’t been with one for a more than an hour. The Soldano’s hot rod amps were great rock amps, but limited by a lack of clean channel switching.
      If your on a budget, you can pick up a Carvin, the older Valvemaster series can be found now and again and these are great amps for the money (under 300) usually under 250.00 for a 100w head. People seem to keep thier Carvin amps in nicer shape too than a Marshall for some reason. The Valvemaster has 5 12ax7 and 2-4 el34’s depending on wattage, this is the same as a Soldano, but they have alot more versitility, with channel and power switching. One last mention is the Seymour Duncan Convertibles, these are great amps, capable of alot of sounds, but the modules make the world of difference and they are getting scarcer to come buy.
      If you want a rack unit, the Mesa Triaxis are reputed to be quite nice, but pricey… and the Line 6 and Pod amps are getting alot of recognition for thier flexibilty in sampled sounds.
      Check out Harmony Central and take a look around thier listings. GL
      : right now i use a crate G120CXL. it doesnt sound good unless i use my extreme effects pedal. i bypass the amps effects, and use the extreme. im looking for an amp that i can just plug into and play. i need one that has external speaker jacks. i play through a cabinet with 2 fifteen inch speakers. i was told mesa boogie might be the answer but there are no dealers in my area to try one. any advice would be helpful.

Anonymous

: I have to say the Mesa Recs are great amps, esp when cranked, but they are LOUD. I like the Hughes Kettner line as well, the tube 50 and triamp are great tubed amps, in combo and heads. Marshall 2000 are faved by some, it’s really a matter of preference, persoanlly I dont care for them alot, but.. I haven’t been with one for a more than an hour. The Soldano’s hot rod amps were great rock amps, but limited by a lack of clean channel switching. : If your on a budget, you can pick up a Carvin, the older Valvemaster series can be found now and again and these are great amps for the money (under 300) usually under 250.00 for a 100w head. People seem to keep thier Carvin amps in nicer shape too than a Marshall for some reason. The Valvemaster has 5 12ax7 and 2-4 el34’s depending on wattage, this is the same as a Soldano, but they have alot more versitility, with channel and power switching. One last mention is the Seymour Duncan Convertibles, these are great amps, capable of alot of sounds, but the modules make the world of difference and they are getting scarcer to come buy. : If you want a rack unit, the Mesa Triaxis are reputed to be quite nice, but pricey… and the Line 6 and Pod amps are getting alot of recognition for thier flexibilty in sampled sounds. : Check out Harmony Central and take a look around thier listings. GL : : right now i use a crate G120CXL. it doesnt sound good unless i use my extreme effects pedal. i bypass the amps effects, and use the extreme. im looking for an amp that i can just plug into and play. i need one that has external speaker jacks. i play through a cabinet with 2 fifteen inch speakers. i was told mesa boogie might be the answer but there are no dealers in my area to try one. any advice would be helpful.

Anonymous

Have a look at http://www.harmony-central.com. They’ve got reviews of thousands of amps by guitarist all over the world.

Check out some stuff like the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Tremoverb, Marshall TSL 2000 and see what people have said about them.

Regards

Ben
      http://www.bensnet.fsnet.co.uk

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.