Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Frank Zappa 1988 stage guitar a Strat or Ibanez?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi, last night our german tv broadcasts part of a Zappa gig from his 1988 tour. Including a guitar solo. Today i tried to find some information about what guitar an equipment Zappa used. The only thing i found is a japanese side in japanese language which has it about Zappa´s equipment and an very old guitar player interview from 1982 or 83.
    Can anybody help me out with some infos about Zappa his equipment and how Zappa got his sound. Think he used two or three amps on stage with harmonizer and or syntheziser. Thanks in advance…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Zappa’s stage guitar was a Strat. With the exception of the body, the entire guitar was composed of different manufacturer’s parts. The pickups were EMGs with active electionics. Zappa also had a perametric EQ installed in the guitar, which enabled him to boost frequencies to obtain feedback. The guitar had some sort of a locking tailpeice such as a Kahler or Floyd Rose on it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.