Quest Atak 10. Need info,Help please!

Posted by Tanya on Sat, 06/22/02 - 01:50:31.

If any one has any info on a Quest Atak 10 with locking system please help me. I can't seem to tune it properly. I also don't know anything about when it was made or how much it is worth or if it is worth anything at all.Thanks! Tanya

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Quest Atak 10. Need info,Help please!

These guitars were made in the mid to late 80's and cost about $130 Canadian. Having a "bolt-on" neck, which is good, and having NO neck adjustment bolt, which is bad, tuning was a nightmare. My first guitar was an Atak10 by Quest. I removed the locking mechanism and rewired it. Replaced all the pickups too. But because of the neck, I could not keep it in tune. I still have it, but the kids use it as a toy. Hope this helps!

Re: Quest Atak 10. Need info,Help please!

: If any one has any info on a Quest Atak 10 with locking system please help me. I can't seem to tune it properly. I also don't know anything about when it was made or how much it is worth or if it is worth anything at all.Thanks! Tanya

Hi Tanya,
I do have a little info regarding the Quest Atak guitars and their maker, as well as how to date them. I would be happy to swap you pic(s) of the guitar for info on it as I am beginning to document that line on my site. Drop me a note at the e-mail address provided if you are interested!

Take Care!

Atak 10 by Quest

80s made in Japan, mine has a truss rod and tunes up and plays fine with low action. One of the nice things about it is the 5 position switch gives you 5 distinct sounds. Not a high end guitar in its day it has a lamanat body which after 30 years of curing delivers nice sustain. Play it clean for funk or blues, crunch it up for rock and metal.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.