Recommended Seymour Duncan neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

Posted by Funky Monk on Sat, 06/22/02 - 02:42:28.

Hi there,

Can anyone out there recommend a seymour duncan pickup that will reproduce that sort of glassy, ringing John Frusciante (RHCP) sound? I'm using a Fender American Standard Strat and am looking at picking up Seymour Duncan Classic Stack's neck for the neck position and Classic Stack Bridge for the middle position.

Any thoughts or suggestions on which pickup will best reproduce John's sound?

Regards,
Funky Monk

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Recommended Seymour Duncan neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

I'd love to answer your question as I've tried to find out before. It's important as John uses very little effects (as you know).
I'd be happy with a '57 strat (if I could afford it). I'm currently on the lookout for an Ibanez WH 10 wah as John uses one....good luck in your quest Funky Monk.

Re: Frusciante sound?

: I'd be happy with a '57 strat (if I could afford it). I'm currently on the lookout for an Ibanez WH 10 wah as John uses one....good luck in your quest Funky Monk.

I have a WH-10 wah I'd be willing to sell for $125. Email me if you're interested.

Re: Recommended Seymour Duncan neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

I would choose the Hot Stack pickups for neck and middle because their output is high and will give substain to the blues notes you'll play.

Neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

Hmm.It sounds like he's using the neck/middle pickup combo.But remember,Fruciante knows how to use a COMPRESSOR very well!Like Johnny Grahm(Earth,Wind,Fire).

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.