Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Recommended Seymour Duncan neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi there, Can anyone out there recommend a seymour duncan pickup that will reproduce that sort of glassy, ringing John Frusciante (RHCP) sound? I’m using a Fender American Standard Strat and am looking at picking up Seymour Duncan Classic Stack’s neck for the neck position and Classic Stack Bridge for the middle position. Any thoughts or suggestions on which pickup will best reproduce John’s sound? Regards, Funky Monk

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hmm.It sounds like he’s using the neck/middle pickup combo.But remember,Fruciante knows how to use a COMPRESSOR very well!Like Johnny Grahm(Earth,Wind,Fire).

Anonymous

I would choose the Hot Stack pickups for neck and middle because their output is high and will give substain to the blues notes you’ll play.

Anonymous

I’d love to answer your question as I’ve tried to find out before. It’s important as John uses very little effects (as you know). I’d be happy with a ’57 strat (if I could afford it). I’m currently on the lookout for an Ibanez WH 10 wah as John uses one….good luck in your quest Funky Monk.

Anonymous

: I’d be happy with a ’57 strat (if I could afford it). I’m currently on the lookout for an Ibanez WH 10 wah as John uses one….good luck in your quest Funky Monk. I have a WH-10 wah I’d be willing to sell for $125. Email me if you’re interested.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.