Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Guild D35

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

My brother-in-law owns a Guild D35 that was made in 1977. Can anyone tell me what kind of wood is used on that guitar? The approximate value?
    Thanks –
    Scott

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I was up in Ohio receiving medical testing and treatment when someone stole a 1967-69 Guild D35 from my cargo trailer, used for ministry. The back was cracked in at least 2 sizable cracks, the bridge about to let go. It had finish missing from the neck. I’m looking for it. The case had a Guild trifold brochure in it from that time period.

I bought it in 1970, at age 18 from a small music shop in upstate New York where I was going to college. The store owner let me pay $5/ week until it was paid. It had a hard shell case with the Guild metal emblem on it. Its been so long since I had opened the case but I think it was either gray or black furry lining. Don’t remember, have owned a number of guitars. I DO remember the Guild metal tag on the case.

It was one of the last handmade Guilds. I’m heartbroken. It was traded into the music shop in 1970 by a musician and I believe it was only played a short while. There is not a pickup built into it, the musician had a separate mic for it which might be why he sold it.

I’d appreciate it if you would let me know if you have purchased this from anyone or hold it on consignment. I am back in Tennessee now, in the Lebanon area. I was holding it until I could find a good luthier to repair it and had intended on using it again. First time I picked it up to play, I felt like I was in Heaven…it has a very rich and mellow sound which matches my voice. I was being followed – stalked by a couple of guys with ties to Nashville. Long story, but this is a wounding, and a felony. This happened in 2020 in October or November. I loaded it back into the trailer before leaving Ohio, and now I’ve checked everywhere looking for it. I’m sure it was them. They have broken into my van and trailer multiple times and stolen many things. Going to the FBI about it.

Thank you.

Patty Thomas

[email protected]

http://www.pattythomas.com
      http://www.WavesOfPraise.org
      http://www.SuperBowlPrayerParty.com

Anonymous

Spruce top, mahogany back and sides. Mine is a sunburst 1976. I will never sell her

Anonymous

: Hello from Ireland, Just to say that I am also a Guild D35 owner. I got it secondhand a few years ago, but I think it’s around 1978 vintage. As far as I know, the woods are : Top= solid spruce :Back and sides= solid mahogany; Neck= mahogany ; fingerboard=rosewood ;bridge rosewood. It took getting used to, but now I could’nt do without it. It is heavy and has a big sound, but it also has hidden depths, especially when fingerpicking in the wee small hours. As regards value? I would say about 900 in Euro terms; maybe 700-800 dollars. Regards! Pat Dunphy

Anonymous

Just thought I’d chime in albeit very late. I own a D35 having purchased it in Columbia, MO in 1976. Pat’s description of the wood is correct. I paid about $300 US at the time and would never sell it. I have seen it go for about $650 recently.

Anonymous

: My brother-in-law owns a Guild D35 that was made in 1977. Can anyone tell me what kind of wood is used on that guitar? The approximate value? I paid about 800 dollars for my 1980 d35 I have seen some offered for sale for about 800 dollars : Thanks – : Scott

Anonymous

I recently purchased a 1980 Guild D35 for about $700. I know my guitar has a mahogany back, sides, and neck and a spruce top. I think the list price for the 1977 D35 is around $1,500 dollars, approximately. : : My brother-in-law owns a Guild D35 that was made in 1977. Can anyone tell me what kind of wood is used on that guitar? The approximate value? : I paid about 800 dollars for my 1980 d35 : I have seen some offered for sale for about 800 dollars : : Thanks – : : Scott

Anonymous

It has a solid Spruce top,the back and sides are Mahogany,I don`t know if the back and sides are solid though. : My brother-in-law owns a Guild D35 that was made in 1977. Can anyone tell me what kind of wood is used on that guitar? The approximate value? : Thanks – : Scott

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.