conrad guitar

Posted by Jim Isham on Mon, 07/15/02 - 23:11:35.

I bought a Conrad back in 1973 model#40210. I love this guitar and it has been through a lot with me. However recently I have had problems with it and then it basicly came apart. It broke. I salvaged the neck which is still in superb shape, nice and straight and what I would like is to find a body to attach it to. It is black with a rose design on the pick guard in gold and one red one. Help> I miss this guitar

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: conrad guitar

: I bought a Conrad 902/12 string. I would like to know who makes it and the value of it.It is missing the bridge on the body of the guitar. Do you know where I can purchase one of them. The guitar itself has the rose design and is in good shape. Any information you can give me would be helpful.

I learned on a Conrad 12 string my dad got in 1973. I have seen three of them with the rose pickguard. Everyone of them has been broken or is falling apart.

I have since bought an Ibanez that in sound and action is pretty darn close to the Conrad. It is about 1/16 larger. The neck from the Conrad is in process of being united to a homeade electric body made of 1" African Mahogony. I will be setting 2 Seymore Duncans in it. Big expiriment

Could someone please tell me a little about the Conrad guitar? My neighbor has a nice one and I have changed the strings but still know very little.....

: I bought a Conrad back in 1973 model#40210. I love this guitar and it has been through a lot with me. However recently I have had problems with it and then it basicly came apart. It broke. I salvaged the neck which is still in superb shape, nice and straight and what I would like is to find a body to attach it to. It is black with a rose design on the pick guard in gold and one red one. Help> I miss this guitar

Conrad Guitars

Conrad guitars were imported into the US by David Wexler & Co. of Chicago, IL which is now located at 7807 East Greenway Road, Suite #8 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260-1717Telephone (480) 675-8888 http://www.wexlermusic.com

Depending on the year of manufacture, the solid body electrics were built either by Kasuga or Matsumoku of Japan. I have a 1966 Conrad built by Kasuga and a later 1971 built by Matsumoku. The guitars were badge engineered for a number of brands including Conrad, Aria, Arai, Lyle, Blackstone and Bruno Conqueror.

I do not have any experience with the acoustics.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.