Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Applause AE28 by Ovation any good?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m thinking about buying myself a new toy .. not to expensive but not to cheap anything under 300 … I’ve heard of Ovation many times but is the AE28 any good?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I am looking at a used one. How much did these cost new?? I will be picking it up tomorrow. $175.00, with a hard case. Good Deal?

Anonymous

it reallllllly sucks

Anonymous

Just bought myself one and think it’s the dogs bollocks (that’s UK english for very good) alough it is a little quiet unplugged. The tone and playability more than make up for this. I had to lose a shim from the bridge to get the action really low…and I mean REALLY LOW….not a buzz to be heard! As for the neck bracing problem I know 3 guys who have this guitar and have had no trouble. Could be strings badly overtightened at some stage or if purchased new a transit accident. Anyway…I think it’s a first class instrument. Nick London. UK.

Anonymous

: I’m thinking about buying myself a new toy .. not to expensive but not to cheap anything under 300 … I’ve heard of Ovation many times but is the AE28 any good? I had an unfavorable experience with an ae28 where the bracing for the neck began to fail causing the top to sink at the neck joint. If you like the ovation style, I would spend a little more and buy the less expensive Korean Ovation rather than the applause.

Anonymous

: I’m thinking about buying myself a new toy .. not to expensive but not to cheap anything under 300 … I’ve heard of Ovation many times but is the AE28 any good? Hey guy…. I’ve been really happy with mine. I bought it 4 years ago and have never had any problems with it. Its light, has the cutaway and lyrachord body, so its comfortable to play…. the only downside its that its a little quiet when not plugged in. Not REALLY quiet, just a little. Sounds very nice when its plugged in. I would buy another one without a second thought.

Anonymous

I just got one for Christmas yesterday from my best friend, and I have to say it’s an awesome guitar for the price. Ive been stuck with a cruddy cheap acoustic for way too long, and this ovation is just wonderful. Sounds great, plays great, looks great, and for 200 dollars, you cant go wrong.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.