Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics John Frusciante’s Setup

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

is his tremolo a floating or not? he likes those 3 or four tone bends and sounds like using a whammy bar? like his first solo in japan (intro plus give it away)..

Anonymous

: Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what make straps and piks john uses? i wld be most greatful if anyone cld find out for me please

Anonymous

: : Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what make straps and piks john uses? i wld be most greatful if anyone cld find out for me please his strap is a levy’s strap(mss8, is its number) and he uses orange dunlop picks the ones with the turtle

Anonymous

it would be very helpfull to me if someone would include the amp settings that he uses live. thanks a bunch

Anonymous

it would be very helpfull to me if someone would include the amp settings that he uses live. thanks a bunch

Anonymous

Anonymous

: Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what John Frusciante’s setup was, particularly his pedals. Thanks.

Anonymous

his main distortion pedal is the Boss DS-2,he also uses an mxr phase 100, electro harmonix micro-synth,Boss CE-2 chorus and an ibanez WH10 wah(very hard to get hold of)

Anonymous

: Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what John Frusciante’s setup was, particularly his guitars Thanks.

Anonymous

He uses Fender Strats into Marshalls, his main distortion pedal is the Boss DS-2 (also Kurt Cobain’s main distortion) he also uses an mxr phase 100, electro harmonix micro-synth, Boss CE-2 chorus(very cool, better than the later boss choruses) and an ibanez wah.

Anonymous

He also has his middle pickup wired with reverse phase, which gives him his distinct tone…

Anonymous

wha wh10ibanez- ds1 ds2 od2 ce1 BOSS- line6 dl4 fm4 -moog mf-103 phaser- mxr micro amp-

Anonymous

Here it really is, He has a 1962 fender strat, a 1955 fender strat, a 1963 fender telecaster, a 1955 gretsch white falcon, a martin 00-17 acoustic. For amps he uses a Marshall 200watt Major and two Marshall 25/50 silver jubilee’s. For pedal’s he uses a Boss ds2, a ibanez wh-10 wah wah, a MXR micro amp for a clean boost, a mooger fooger 12 stage phaser, a Zachary Vex Fuzz factory, a boss FV-50h volume pedal, a Line 6 Dl-4 delay modeller, a Line-6 FM-4 Filter modeller, a Boss master switch for the second loop of pedals, an Electro harmonix electric mistress Flanger, An Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi, Boss CE-1 Chorus ensemble. I set my amp to Treble/Middle/Bass 5/8/4 and either the neck or bridge singlecoil pickup to acheive his sound, also put the drive on about 1 and a half to get the thick punchy tone! Enjoy

Anonymous

: Here it really is, He has a 1962 fender strat, a 1955 fender strat, a 1963 fender telecaster, a 1955 gretsch white falcon, a martin 00-17 acoustic. : For amps he uses a Marshall 200watt Major and two Marshall 25/50 silver jubilee’s. For pedal’s he uses a Boss ds2, a ibanez wh-10 wah wah, a MXR micro amp for a clean boost, a mooger fooger 12 stage phaser, a Zachary Vex Fuzz factory, a boss FV-50h volume pedal, a Line 6 Dl-4 delay modeller, a Line-6 FM-4 Filter modeller, a Boss master switch for the second loop of pedals, an Electro harmonix electric mistress Flanger, An Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi, Boss CE-1 Chorus ensemble. I set my amp to Treble/Middle/Bass : 5/8/4 and either the neck or bridge singlecoil pickup to acheive his sound, also put the drive on about 1 and a half to get the thick punchy tone! : Enjoy does he use an origial 62 strat or a reissue

Anonymous

: does he use an origial 62 strat or a reissue John Frusciante’s 1962 strat is orginal. Anthony Kedis bought it for him, when they came back together. (right before Califoniacation) They talk about this in Anthonys new book "Scar Tissue"

Anonymous

hey, u asked if john uses a vintage 1962 strat or a re-issue and the answer to that is that it is a vintage 1962 strat. all his guitars are vintage, he doesnt like playing new guitars, he likes a classic sound from guitars and you cant achieve that from new guitars. happy to answer the question, thomasxxx

Anonymous

no he uses a phaser 90!!

Anonymous

he uses 2 marshall silver jubilee’s and one marshall 1959 slp’s. he has a 62′ fender strat with a rosewood fingerboard, a 55′ fender strat with a maple fingerboard (both are strung with d’adario 110’s with an 11 guage high E string). a gretch white falcon strung with 12’s. his effects are…a boss DS1, a boss turbo overdrive OD2, a boss fuzz FZ3, a Boss chorus ensemble CE5, a boss compression sustainer CS3, a Dunlop stereo uni-vibe, an original boss chorus ensemble CE1, an ibanez WH-10 wah, an electro harmonix micro synth, an electro harmonix 16 second digtal delay,an electro harmonix holy grail reverb, oh and plus a fender jaguar. that as much as i can remember off the top of my head, please add more if you can…………

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.