Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Lyle Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W440. MY WIFE BOUGHT IT FOR ME ABOUT 1975. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT
    THIS GUITAR THANKS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W475. Can anyone tell me about how old it is and if its worth! Serial numbr is 111360. Tanks………… rj

Anonymous

: I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W475. Can anyone tell me about how old it is and if its worth! Serial numbr is : 111360. Tanks………… rj I have Lyle guitar as well and can find no information on it could someone please direct me to a site to help.

Anonymous

I HAVE A RED LYLE 12 STRING FROM THE 50’s AN I WONDER HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH AND ITS IN MINT CONDITION.

Anonymous

I HAVE A RED LYLE 12 STRING FROM THE 50’s AN I WONDER HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH AND ITS IN MINT CONDITION.

Anonymous

I’ve had a Hummingbird Lyle since 1970. A beautiful sounding and playing instrument. My understanding is that the line originated with a guitar-maker in Oregon who was taken to Japan to oversee a line of Gibson knock-offs. Apparently his name was Lyle and this was used for the name of the line of quitars. Gibson in the late 60’s(so the story goes)was doing a lot of experimentation with the internal struts of their guitars, with a sad reduction in sound quality. Lyle kept the original strut designs, narrowed the neck a little and made a real rich sounding, easy playing guitar. I don’t know how true this story is, I’ve never verified it. But I do know that at the time I bought mine there was a Lyle Hummingbird and a Gibson Hummingbird on the wall next to each other. There was no comparison, the Lyle was a better-playing instrument and sounded fuller and richer, very even tone, for about $300 under the Gibson price. I’ve owned it as my primary guitar ever since. : I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W440. MY WIFE BOUGHT IT FOR ME ABOUT 1975. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT : THIS GUITAR THANKS

Anonymous

i have a lyle w-460, can anyone tell me its history?

Anonymous

: I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W440. MY WIFE BOUGHT IT FOR ME ABOUT 1975. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT : THIS GUITAR THANKS At that time Lyle guitar was a subsidiary of Gibson in Japan. The Lyle models were cheap imitations of the gibsons but had many of the same qualities accoustically. I also had a Lyle (unfortunately, my ex now has it.) I don’t remember the model number but the front of the box was finished in a reddish tint with a drawing of a hummingbird on the front. The guitar had a nice sound and had a thin neck for a cheap box guitar. If your’s is similar and you are interested in selling for a reasonable price, let me know.

Anonymous

:I HAVE ONE OF THE 12 STRING HUMINGBIRD MODELS. CHROME TUNERS, HEAVY ABALONE FRETBOARD INSERTS. CHERRY RED SUNBURST WITH ORIGINAL CASE AND A FACTORY INSPECTION TAG. MADE IN JAPAN. I WOULD SAY IT IS 95% OUT OF A 100% CONDITION. BEAUTIFUL TONE. SLIGHT BOW IN THE BACK THAT REALLY MAKE IT SUSTANE. $500.OO O.B.O. : : At that time Lyle guitar was a subsidiary of Gibson in Japan. The Lyle models were cheap imitations of the gibsons but had many of the same qualities accoustically. : I also had a Lyle (unfortunately, my ex now has it.) I don’t remember the model number but the front of the box was finished in a reddish tint with a drawing of a hummingbird on the front. The guitar had a nice sound and had a thin neck for a cheap box guitar. : If your’s is similar and you are interested in selling for a reasonable price, let me know.

Anonymous

: : I HAVE A LYLE GUITAR MODEL W440. MY WIFE BOUGHT IT FOR ME ABOUT 1975. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT : : THIS GUITAR THANKS : : At that time Lyle guitar was a subsidiary of Gibson in Japan. The Lyle models were cheap imitations of the gibsons but had many of the same qualities accoustically. : I also had a Lyle (unfortunately, my ex now has it.) I don’t remember the model number but the front of the box was finished in a reddish tint with a drawing of a hummingbird on the front. The guitar had a nice sound and had a thin neck for a cheap box guitar. : If your’s is similar and you are interested in selling for a reasonable price, let me know. I have a Lyle W440 for sale, why don’t you e-mail me your best offer?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.