Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Linn Guitars, Anybody heard of them (custom maker)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

HELP!

I have purchased from a "large chain" retailer’s "special sale" a LINN GUITAR. It is beautiful and sounds great. It has some unusual features (eg, a bridge that has 6 individual saddles that look like bulletes with grooves in the tip for the strings to pass through), and I would love to talk to the maker for some info.

DETAILS

Make: LINN

Model: a CST (neck thru electric with mahogany back and neck, VERY quilted carved maple top, grovers, exposed "zebra" humbuckers, rosewood neck and a "super strat" type body kinda like a PRS McCarty

Color: "Navajo Turquiose

List Price: ,199.00

Ser#: AC010013

The electronics seem to be set up like a PRS with 2 humbuckers with a 5 way selecter switch that produces both Gibson and Fender-like tones.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Linn guitars are obviously high-end electrics… They are fantastic axes and endeavour to combine Fenders and Gibson tones. They all have a scale length of 25" (like PRS) and the one you describe uses a 5-way PRS style switching system. Interestingly enough one of the things Linn is known for is the switching. Some of the models use a series (6 or 7?) of push buttons which can be preset for different pickup/coil/phase settings for maximal tonal options. This switching system, plus a master tone and master volume, is tremendously versatile. People who prefer humbucking tones can set more tones that way, while others (like myself) who like single coil and strat-like out of phase tones can set the majority of the buttons that way. The neat thing is — when setting the buttons — a woman’s voice comes through the guitar amp telling you what coils etc are selected. Linns other claim to fame is his gorgeous finishes… but I don’t think I have to point that out to you…

Anonymous

I purchased an original Linn Salhi guitar many years ago. Serial number 000005, Mine was custom made for me and was photographed for an ad in Guitar Player mag. It is a thing of beauty. I love the independent bridge saddles. It has the 6 programmable switches, each of which can be set to any combo of bridge and neck pickups in series or parallel. I believe that Kenny Wayne Shepard has one and so did Dime Bag. It plays awesome and sounds great. Amazing guitar but I fear that one day the prom that has holds the code will fail and I will be screwed. The phone number above is no longer good. If any body has any updated info on John please let me know. And Yes… the woman’s voice comes through the amp and I love her. Her voice has a slightly english quality as she says stuff like “Coils 1 2 and 4 in series” or “Neck Parallel” or “the battery is good”

Anonymous

I’ve had a Linn guitar since 2002 that I’ve barely touched, serial # AE00-001!
          Having recently moved back to LA from San Francisco, I’m looking to get some information about the luthier if anyone knows anything.
          I took it to the Hollywood GC which I originally got it from, but they have no idea what to do and couldn’t give me any answers.

Mine has dual-humbuckers that coil-split, but no switches or batteries anywhere.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Poor quality photos here next to my matching Modulus Sonic Hammer:
          https://i.imgur.com/DQGOavt.jpg
          https://i.imgur.com/4SZjrEk.jpg

Anonymous

I’ve only seen linn effect processors, try the TDPRI.COM forum, alot of real players there. : HELP! : I have purchased from a "large chain" retailer’s "special sale" a LINN GUITAR. It is beautiful and sounds great. It has some unusual features (eg, a bridge that has 6 individual saddles that look like bulletes with grooves in the tip for the strings to pass through), and I would love to talk to the maker for some info. : DETAILS : Make: LINN : Model: a CST (neck thru electric with mahogany back and neck, VERY quilted carved maple top, grovers, exposed "zebra" humbuckers, rosewood neck and a "super strat" type body kinda like a PRS McCarty : Color: "Navajo Turquiose : List Price: $3,199.00 : Ser#: AC010013 : The electronics seem to be set up like a PRS with 2 humbuckers with a 5 way selecter switch that produces both Gibson and Fender-like tones. : Any help anyone can give would be appreciated!

Anonymous

: I’ve only seen linn effect processors, try the TDPRI.COM forum, alot of real players there. : : : HELP! Hi, my name is Bira..I played with the luthier Jon Linn in a band here in southern california..i dont know how to get in touch with him now but if you contact guitar center in redlands cal they have records as to where he may be found. his custom guitars are really cool. : : I have purchased from a "large chain" retailer’s "special sale" a LINN GUITAR. It is beautiful and sounds great. It has some unusual features (eg, a bridge that has 6 individual saddles that look like bulletes with grooves in the tip for the strings to pass through), and I would love to talk to the maker for some info. : : DETAILS : : Make: LINN : : Model: a CST (neck thru electric with mahogany back and neck, VERY quilted carved maple top, grovers, exposed "zebra" humbuckers, rosewood neck and a "super strat" type body kinda like a PRS McCarty : : Color: "Navajo Turquiose : : List Price: $3,199.00 : : Ser#: AC010013 : : The electronics seem to be set up like a PRS with 2 humbuckers with a 5 way selecter switch that produces both Gibson and Fender-like tones. : : Any help anyone can give would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Linn Guitars is located in Morongo Valley, Ca. He has built guitars for Steven Segall and Jake E. Lee. He, from what am told is hanging out in Nashville. Although I have never met him, I have heard bits and pieces about him. Always good.

Anonymous

: Linn Guitars is located in Morongo Valley, Ca. He has built guitars for Steven Segall and Jake E. Lee. He, from what am told is hanging out in Nashville. Although I have never met him, I have heard bits and pieces about him. Always good. Phone # 760-774-5827 … just ran into him last night

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.