Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics 2nd hand Epiphone strat copy – any info ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently bought a 2nd hand epi S400 – I knew nothing about the model but liked the sound of it and took a chance.
    It has three pickups, two singlecoils at the neck and middle positions & a humbucker at the bridge and a floating trem and is in reasonable but not mint condition and I think it dates from teh late 80’s early 90’s.
    Does anyone know anything about the model – history, materials, prices etc ?

Thanx in advance

szh

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Ok – generally they’re all korean made – they are classed as part of the 310 range and there is also a Fat version. As others have said, it’s a laminate body and an exceptional guitar in both quality and sound. I purchased mine new in Riyadh (of all places) in 2000 and there were many available – upon my return to Riyadh in 2002 – they were all gone. I compared it to a genuine fender US strat deluxe – and the epiphone was a better guitar on every point. so i saved my money, went home and still play the epiphone. The down side of this guitar (the only one) is that it’s about 1.5" longer than a strat and does not fit in many hard shell cases.

Anonymous

Actually, the guitar was made between ’86 and ’89. It has a Bender tremolo and retailed (at the time) for about $350.00. This info came straight from Gibson Customer Service. It is similar to the s310 but with the Bender trem system. It has a solid maple body and neck with rosewood.

Anonymous

hey yo. the epiphones you’re asking about were made in the late 80’s early 90’s. they were mainly sold as package deals ie. buy it and get an amp,chord,strap,strings,picks ect. they have a laminate body and usually sold for $120-$150 depending on pick ups and the bridge because some had a fake floyd and humbuckers whereaes others just had 3 single coils and a non locking bridge.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.