Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics MANN copy of a Les Paul Custom

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a MANN copy of a Les Paul Custom…I got it in ’79. I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on this guitar and the manufacturer….any links, anything really…this was my first guitar, I bought it used….it is a bolt on and is a hollow body with an arch top, it’s color is quite unique….dark maroon to a deep amber on the top and the neck and back are dark maroon……any ideas or info is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Im not sure but i heard in the 70s there was a law suit because a company in japan made an an exact copy of the les paul and the mann custom is made in japan.

Anonymous

I have a Mann, which I bought used about 1986 — it was allegedly 10 years old at the time. I was told it was made in Japan. I’ve only seen one other (used by the leader of the now-defunct Toronto rock’n’roll band Hacksaw.) His had a sunburst finish, if memory serves; mine is plain old maple, the neck is a glue-in.

Anonymous

I have a guitar which I know nothing about, I got it for $15 at a garage sale about 10 years ago.It works good though. It looks identical to a 1960/70’s Gibson Les Paul. However it says MANN on the headstock. Its dark red along the outside and fades into yellow in the middle. Who made it, What year is it, and What is its value?

Anonymous

I have a starburst Mann LP copy. bolt on. bought it second hand in 1974. Made in Japan.I don’t know much about them, just surfed by. I’m just getting back into playing it after too many years. Still a nice guitar and I always thought it was one of the better copies.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.