Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Help me identify my guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

It looks just like a very very old les paul custom but it looks like the Gibson on the headstock has worn off. The neck plate says made in Japan. Could this have been a special model made in the 50’s for Japan? That’s what the pawn shop thought is was but didn’t no for sure so I only gave 00 for it. It plays great but the 3 and 4 string seem to low and buzz. Can a repair man fix this cheap? It sounds great like a les paul but it hums can a repair man fix this cheap? Where can I get the right case for it cheap to? Thanks for helping me. I also need a amp I want a loud one but I doen’t have a lot of money left so I need a good deal on a big amp to. Let me no if you have one forsale cheap to.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

My guitar only says made in Japan and is from the time period 1950-1970 could ba a smasher but don’t know for it only says made in japan

Anonymous

If it says made in japan it must be a 50’s les paul, they only made em there back then and the pearloid name set in the headstock on all les pauls is notorious for ‘wearing off’ since they are handled there so much. To raise the string just raise the bridge or ya might need a new nut, both are simple to do, same with the buzz…….. just check all the wiring/solder joints. You should get a cheap loud amp, they are alwys better than expensive quiet ones, there are 400 watt amps on ebay for $99, they are incredible, I would get 2 of them (then you have a backup) and 1000 pairs of earplugs for anyone that happens to be near you. : It looks just like a very very old les paul custom but it looks like the Gibson on the headstock has worn off. The neck plate says made in Japan. Could this have been a special model made in the 50’s for Japan? That’s what the pawn shop thought is was but didn’t no for sure so I only gave $500 for it. It plays great but the 3 and 4 string seem to low and buzz. Can a repair man fix this cheap? It sounds great like a les paul but it hums can a repair man fix this cheap? Where can I get the right case for it cheap to? Thanks for helping me. I also need a amp I want a loud one but I doen’t have a lot of money left so I need a good deal on a big amp to. Let me no if you have one forsale cheap to.

Anonymous

i have a guitar that looks like it could be a very old gibson, i know it’s more then 15 years old. it has the F holes on it and it has an elevated pick guard. My only clue to What it may be is this little metal plat on the back at the begining of the neck that says "Reinforced steel Made In Japan". My guitar is also a 12 string. if any one can help identify it, you would be most helpful.

Anonymous

Take it back and get your money back, the guy robbed you.NO NO NO NO GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM had a bolt on neck…EVER!!!!!! It says JAPAN it IS JAPAN!!!!!nothing special!!!!

Anonymous

But they told me it was probably a SPECIAL model and it will be a great guitar when I get a few things fixed on it. It looks very old and worn and they told me I was getting a great deal because the didn’t have all the documentation because if they did they would have to ask $10,000 for it so I got a great deal! : Take it back and get your money back, the guy robbed you.NO NO NO NO GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM had a bolt on neck…EVER!!!!!! It says JAPAN it IS JAPAN!!!!!nothing special!!!!

Anonymous

Hey if ya like it…. all that matters. : But they told me it was probably a SPECIAL model and it will be a great guitar when I get a few things fixed on it. It looks very old and worn and they told me I was getting a great deal because the didn’t have all the documentation because if they did they would have to ask $10,000 for it so I got a great deal! : : : Take it back and get your money back, the guy robbed you.NO NO NO NO GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM had a bolt on neck…EVER!!!!!! It says JAPAN it IS JAPAN!!!!!nothing special!!!!

Anonymous

Gibson’s logo’s are inlaid and would not rub off . . . I agree, take it back! You could get a nice new Epiphone Les Paul for that.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.