Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics 1971 Epiphone FT-135 Cortez

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

My Dad gave me this guitar about five years ago. I cant find anything about it’s worth. Its a great sounding guitar. The only thing I know about it that it was shipped to Japan to be put together, and that it was before Epiphone was bought by Gibson, so it has the top quality work, know for Epiphone. Please if any one know anything about this guitat please let me know, I’m really curious.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just purchased an FT-135 and did not know much about the guitar except the picture and description. The pick gaurd with the E on it, the neck, and headstock is inlayed with mother of pearl. It has a solid wood top and rosewood sides and bottom. Gibson would not add top quality woods to a low quality guitar unless they were asking a pretty penny for it, even back in 1971. I paid over $200 for mine on E-Bay and think that I got a great deal from the looks of the pictures! However, I did not know that the FT 135 was a Cortez model. Is this true? can someone out there let us know? and also how much is it worth today?

Anonymous

: My Dad gave me this guitar about five years ago. I cant find anything about it’s worth. Its a great sounding guitar. The only thing I know about it that it was shipped to Japan to be put together, and that it was before Epiphone was bought by Gibson, so it has the top quality work, know for Epiphone. Please if any one know anything about this guitat please let me know, I’m really curious.

Anonymous

i bought a epiphone ft-135 cortez from someone who came in my guitar store about 2 years ago for 100 bucks.. in completely perfect shape.. its one of the best sounding guitars i have ever played for an epiphone. I think it may be worth a bit more than we all expect as many of the 70’s fts are worth a lot, and its a solid top with high level features, any other info please email to me

Anonymous

I bought anEpiphone FT-135 in France I think it was in 1973 or 1975. I love this guitar but I have no information about it. If you have any information please send me. Thank’s

Anonymous

The Ephiphone ft135 Cortez was my first guitar. I bought one new in 1978. The guitar is basically the same as the basic ft 130. It’s all laminated wood. Rosewood back and sides and laminated spruce top. The only difference that I can see is that the Cortez is adorned with pearloid fretboard inlays and a little more colorful rosette. I sold mine just a few yrs. ago in great condition for $200 w/ a nice hard case. I recently bought the Ephiphone EL-00 which I like very much. It has a much nicer ring than the ft135.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.