Peavy vs. Marshall

Posted by Robert Knight on Fri, 11/08/02 - 12:10:15.

I just bought a Peavy XXL head and I have it hooked up to a 1960 300watt lead cabinent with 4X75watt Celestians. I have never heard the Peavy Cabinent that they have for that head. Does anyone think that the Peavy cabinent would be better then the Marshall. I play mostly Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. I like a chunky sound. Thanks

Related Article:
Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Amp

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Peavy vs. Marshall

Well..You can't compare this two manufacturer..As you know TUBE is TUBE even is in Peavey, Crate or Marshall. Peavey has more aggressive sound. Marshall have warmer sound. Peavey is for CLASSIC HARDROCK...Marshall for anything else..But, when you will playing with tone control you can make an flat Marshall sound!

: I just bought a Peavy XXL head and I have it hooked up to a 1960 300watt lead cabinent with 4X75watt Celestians. I have never heard the Peavy Cabinent that they have for that head. Does anyone think that the Peavy cabinent would be better then the Marshall. I play mostly Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. I like a chunky sound. Thanks

hey i have heard the peavy cabs and you are better with the marshall or mesa cabs. they sound the best. i have a xxl and i run it with a metal zone(various other effects) and mesa 4x12 cab. if you ask me this is the best setup i have ever had and i have run quite a few. hope this helps. jason

: : I just bought a Peavy XXL head and I have it hooked up to a 1960 300watt lead cabinent with 4X75watt Celestians. I have never heard the Peavy Cabinent that they have for that head. Does anyone think that the Peavy cabinent would be better then the Marshall. I play mostly Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. I like a chunky sound. Thanks

: hey i have heard the peavy cabs and you are better with the marshall or mesa cabs. they sound the best. i have a xxl and i run it with a metal zone(various other effects) and mesa 4x12 cab. if you ask me this is the best setup i have ever had and i have run quite a few. hope this helps. jason

Hey: a local band uses an xxl, they run it through a peavy cab, and it sounds amazing. I've never heard one through a marshall or mesa but the peavy has a nice full rounded tone. good luck!--\casey

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.