Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Norman guitars

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I bought a Norman guitar a little over a year ago, i have been satisfied with it’s sound and quality, until about 2 months ago. I take good care of it"never dropped it, always keep it indoors in case, never gotten it wet." About 2 months ago things started to go wrong, first on of the strings started rubbing, then 3 frets started comeing up, then all of the sudden the nut and saddle wore out, now the pegs are loose and it looks like the neck is bowing. Has anyone else had any of these problems with a Norman or did i just get lucky and buy one of the screwed ones?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I bought an ST40 Norman guitar around 7 years ago,its the one with the cedar top,and a cutaway.I have played it a lot,it has an awesome sound ,loud, and distinctive.Never had a problem with it at all.I use elixr med strings on it.Actually I have a Martin I just bought for $2400, and I like the Norman a lot better.

Anonymous

: You Bought the screwed one,I’ve had mine for 6 years,it,s been dropped many times and my girl friend made the top startto come apart by bashing it on the wall,I glued it together and still have an exellent guitar

Anonymous

: I bought a Norman guitar a little over a year ago, i have been satisfied with it’s sound and quality, until about 2 months ago. I take good care of it"never dropped it, always keep it indoors in case, never gotten it wet." About 2 months ago things started to go wrong, first on of the strings started rubbing, then 3 frets started comeing up, then all of the sudden the nut and saddle wore out, now the pegs are loose and it looks like the neck is bowing. Has anyone else had any of these problems with a Norman or did i just get lucky and buy one of the screwed ones?

Anonymous

You must just have been unlucky. I bought my Norman about 30+ years ago & it’s been everywhere -moved by movers, overnight in tents, frozen, you name it. It sounds even better now than when I first bought it. My son plays it better than I do – he put new Martin slinky strings on it & it really comes alive.

Anonymous

wow, guess not much more can go wrong, but it all sounds related to the neck, the bow, if it is too ‘extreme’ can cause all kinds of problems and extra wear, if it’s anly a year old it sounds like a lemon, is it still under warranty?? even if it’s not I would bring it back to where you bought it and complain and make their lives miserable till they took care of it, or you can adjust the neck and replace the nut/saddle/frets yourself, and then just keep on watching/adjusting the neck and hope it dosen’t happen again, but I would try to get the guitar replaced, or a new neck at the minimum… good luck. : I bought a Norman guitar a little over a year ago, i have been satisfied with it’s sound and quality, until about 2 months ago. I take good care of it"never dropped it, always keep it indoors in case, never gotten it wet." About 2 months ago things started to go wrong, first on of the strings started rubbing, then 3 frets started comeing up, then all of the sudden the nut and saddle wore out, now the pegs are loose and it looks like the neck is bowing. Has anyone else had any of these problems with a Norman or did i just get lucky and buy one of the screwed ones?

Anonymous

: wow, guess not much more can go wrong, but it all sounds related to the neck, the bow, if it is too ‘extreme’ can cause all kinds of problems and extra wear, if it’s anly a year old it sounds like a lemon, is it still under warranty?? even if it’s not I would bring it back to where you bought it and complain and make their lives miserable till they took care of it, or you can adjust the neck and replace the nut/saddle/frets yourself, and then just keep on watching/adjusting the neck and hope it dosen’t happen again, but I would try to get the guitar replaced, or a new neck at the minimum… good luck. : : : I bought a Norman guitar a little over a year ago, i have been satisfied with it’s sound and quality, until about 2 months ago. I take good care of it"never dropped it, always keep it indoors in case, never gotten it wet." About 2 months ago things started to go wrong, first on of the strings started rubbing, then 3 frets started comeing up, then all of the sudden the nut and saddle wore out, now the pegs are loose and it looks like the neck is bowing. Has anyone else had any of these problems with a Norman or did i just get lucky and buy one of the screwed ones? I played a friend’s Norman 6-string a few months ago and really liked it!! But she went away and I can’t seem to find Normans anywhere around here (Sacramento, CA)…..any tips on where to look for Norman guitars? thanks….

Anonymous

I just got a B-20 Cutaway. It sounds awesome. The closest dealer to Sacramento would be Drapers in Palo Alto. That’s where i bought mine. : I played a friend’s Norman 6-string a few months ago and really liked it!! But she went away and I can’t seem to find Normans anywhere around here (Sacramento, CA)…..any tips on where to look for Norman guitars? : thanks….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.