Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

First of all the is no GREAT guitar player in the world but there is ONE of the greatest guitar players in the world which I think Angus Young and Eddie Van Halen are very good players you can’t compare these two guitar players who is better than who? They are one of the greatest guitar players in the eorld

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! You are kiding Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist that wealked on this planet. Back in Black is the most easy song to play like smoke on water!!!! Angus is a good guitar player but know where near EVH!!!!!

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! You are kiding Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist that walked on this planet. Back in Black is the most easy song to play like smoke on water!!!! Angus is a good guitar player but know where near EVH!!!!!

Anonymous

Eddie Van Halen can not be even compared to Angus Young! Angus is a straight ahead stock metal guitarist whose only amazing feature is how he can play while running around like a demented schoolboy.. Eddie is a guitar genius who, along with Hendrix in his day, has reinvented rock guitar. Nuff said!

Anonymous

Oh yes, one more thing. Personally I think Angus Young could outplay Eddie Van Halen with his guitar behind his back, easilly. Angus is the guitar god, he’s the best guitarest in the world! Keep rockin’ Angus!

Anonymous

i can play any slop solo of angus young he sucks he is one of the worst guitarists ive ever heard he does not compare to eddie

Anonymous

Hmm, everyone has their own opinons when it comes to guitarests. As for my opinon the best would most defenatly have to be Angus Young. He is a lot more entertaining, Eddie Van Halen is good, but notice when he plays Solos he uses both his hands, on the other hand Angus uses one and is just as fast. And I would love to see Eddie Van Halen get up on stage while doing the duckwalk while playing as good as Angus does.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! Eddie Van Halen is way better, he has his own style and he is also a legend. Let alone he is just a better musician altogether.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. angus young is by far a better guitar player, he plays all over the neck, and his sound has a ton of feeling, eddie is good, but fingertapping was all he ever gave back, angus gave us a rockin good time, with the plug it in, and play, eddie is a metal head in a non meatl band, and although, they sucked after diamond dave, the still never " got me"!!

Anonymous

: you no nothing dicky licker eddie rules so eat shit you might learn from it

Anonymous

u fucken idiot u know nothing angus young is by far the better one he is the best and always will be eddie vanhalen blows shit u might learn from that bitch

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen: I have seen Van Halen from 1979 to the present..(puke with Gary) I have also seen AC/DC a couple times…there is NO doubt that both guitarists rock!!! But to ask who is better…..you can’t answer….Different techniques different styles of music….Remember that Eddie redefinied the way rock guitar is played..Angus is more ..how can I say….more his own style of bluesy licks I guess I can say in all fairnsess……Thay both are TRUE legends…but to compare ……is like comparing Randy Rhoades to Stevie Ray Vaughn…BOTH LEGENDS!!! Take care and keep ROCKIN!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. Eddie Van Halen is a great guitarist, but Angus is wicked on the guitar!

Anonymous

I am a great ac/dc fan. I play guitar and can play some of there songs such as:back in black, money talks, hells bells, dirtydeeds done dirt cheap, and t.n.t. Although I like Van Halen there is no comparison Angus Young is a ledgend in rock’n’roll and he always will be.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : In my opinion even though angus is a rock god and does a great show eddie is a guitar genuis who can do things most can not.

Anonymous

Hey~ So What.. Im 14 and a chick, but damn!!! Angus, if given the opportunity, could wipe Van Halens ass! Angus is so much more talented than that scumbag Eddie. AC/DC kicks ass!

Anonymous

hey chick what do you know about guitar playing? both eddie and angus are guitar masters and neither one of them is better then the other. cant even compare them they have different styles.

Anonymous

: Hey~ So What.. Im 14 and a chick, but damn!!! Angus, if given the opportunity, could wipe Van Halens ass! Angus is so much more talented than that scumbag Eddie. AC/DC kicks ass! you need to wipe your ass with some knowledge! maybe it would reach that mindless head of yours. angus is a good solid guitarist, but he cant touch eddie when its comes to anything from feeling to technique!!! baby you are only 14 yrs old, you were not even born when eddie came on the seen and changed rock n roll forever with his guitar playing!!!! angus didnt even come close to doing anything like that.maybe you should ask your dad and he could help you out because you have NO CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Eddie Van Halen is a spoiled puke, not only is Angus by far the better guitarist he doesn’t have the uppity and unjustified superiority complex of Eddie Van Halen. Van Halen goes through lead singers like underwear because of this punk.

Anonymous

: you are the fucking spoiled puke asshole you no nothing about guitar and i hope you never learn shit cocksucker

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. I change my mind…Angus is a better rocker, but Eddie is the better technician…if you’re looking to compare two guitarists, don’t compare them it’s a comparison that doesn’t have a real answer to, they are both phenomenal guitarists and have their own unique style.

Anonymous

ANGUS YOUNG!!!!! eddie is very good, but angus is awsome. he never stops rockin the world. and hes the most entertaining guitarist ever, he just gets crazy when he plays, its allways fun to watch angus play, and he just keeps coming up with ass kicking riffs and solo’s. Nobody compares to AC/DC, the band that will never die! LET THERE BE ROCK!!!

Anonymous

Hell yeah Eddie Van Halen! From Eruption to Little Guitars this man has shocked the world with his tapping technique that he mastered for all the world to gape in awe to and his mind boggling solos…Eddie kicks major ass and no one tops him. No one.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I DONT PERSONALLY CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK….. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO COMPETITION BETWEEN THE TWO ANGUS KICKS ASS!!! HE IS DEFINATELLY A LEGEND!! KEEP ROCKING AND KICKING ASS ANGUS!!!!!

Anonymous

i think angus young is the best guitarist ever and will always be the best plus ac/dc makes van halen look like a little pussy band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

It’s stupid to compare Angus Young to Eddie Van Halen We all know that Angus Young’s the BEST. HE ROCKS! He’s a hottie as well Eddie sucks

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : ANGUS IS QUITE UNIQUE LOVE HIS MUSIC BUT I STILL THINK EDDIE IS A MORE INSPIRING GUTIARIST . HE HAS MORE OF AN INFUENCE ON MORE OF US LATER ROCKERS

Anonymous

Angus rules so does his brother there the greats of rock n roll. but i like Eddie to hes good and a leadgen just like the young brothers.both are my favort bands of all time. but AC/DC is my band by far.Ivelisten to them for 20 years.ROCK ON AC/DC and ride on BON!

Anonymous

when you talk about who is better i think that you have to be more specific. you never find a bigger angus fan than me. and nobody is better live than angus. however if you are talking about technique eddie is one of the best. but in the end angus rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! You know, you can’t compare Angus and Eddie. It doesn’t matter who can play more difficult tunes. Music comes from heart not from brain, so enjoy the music and don’t think about it so much. And the fastest(not the best, because I like Angus so much, you hear it come from his heart) band is DREAM THEATER. They play the most difficult tunes I’ve ever seen in my life. And I’m a musician too. Its fantastic.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Angus young is cooler, but Eddie van halen is a better guitarist mainly because he plays like guitar legends such as Steve Vai.

Anonymous

Angus young is way better than van halen but dont get me wrong van halen is better at some things but over all angus young wins and van halen is manly good at fingure taps cause thats mainly what he plaed in for his solo’s but angus put in different riffs so peacce and join the angus army

Anonymous

-Eddie is far better. He revolutionized music in the late seventies/ early eighties with his incredibly fast and unique style. Eddie has more finesse and intrinsic ability. I like Angus as well, but Eddie’s playing is more complex. : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! Angus is the bomb!! no one can compare. he is the richard petty of music. the best musition out there!!

Anonymous

DUDE THATS A HARD ONE MY FIRST ALBLUM I EVER OWNED WAS HIGH VOLTAGE, THE SECOND WAS DIVER DOWN. BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH THE MIGHTY VANHALEN. ANGUS GOT BALLS BUT ED GOT MADSKILLS. NOW THROW RANDY ROADES IN THE MIX AND NOW THATS A CONTEST. TAKE IT ANY WAY YOU CAN ROCK ON MADDOG MUNDIS

Anonymous

Listen up!!!! as far as technique goes, neither guy can outplay the other. It may sound like Van Halen can play faster, but if you know anything about guitar, you can tell he’s cheating, and has a very gimmicky style of playing. Angus doesn’t, it’s a gimmick-free no-bullshit, meat and potatoes, blues-on-steroids sound.When he hits a note, you know it’s from the heart. On the other hand, Van Halen reinvented what you could do with a guitar. Angus didn’t invent a thing. It ain’t fair to compare either with the likes of Hendrix or Clapton because they both sing, Eddie and Angus don’t. But I can assure you that Angus and Van Halen are fans of each other.

Anonymous

Listen up!!!! as far as technique goes, neither guy can outplay the other. It may sound like Van Halen can play faster, but if you know anything about guitar, you can tell he’s cheating, and has a very gimmicky style of playing. Angus doesn’t, it’s a gimmick-free no-bullshit, meat and potatoes, blues-on-steroids sound.When he hits a note, you know it’s from the heart. On the other hand, Van Halen reinvented what you could do with a guitar. Angus didn’t invent a thing. It ain’t fair to compare either with the likes of Hendrix or Clapton because they both sing, Eddie and Angus don’t. But I can assure you that Angus and Van Halen are fans of each other.

Anonymous

Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen isn’t even an appropriate question to ask for anyone who enjoys playing and listening to guitar rock. A better way of phrasing it would be more like, "Which of these two is more technically impressive?", or "Which of these two plays their hardest"? In all fairness to Eddie, Angus puts way more into an AC/DC show than Eddie has ever done for Van Halen, but Eddie brought so much innovation to the instrument that all guitarists, including Angus, are indebted to him. As far as I’m concerned, though AC/DC is my all-time favorite band, when it comes to the guitar, both bands could hold their own in a grudge match.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. :i think angus is because he was and still is around a lot longer

Anonymous

: : I think Angus Young is, because he is a kick butt guttar player and whips the pants off eddie

Anonymous

: : I think Angus Young is, because he is a kick butt guttar player and whips the pants off eddie

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : Definatly Angus Young,Eddies good but he’s crap compared to Angus.

Anonymous

You can’t be serious. There is no competition here. One blues riff and scale compared to an amazing and unique technique. Eddie shits on Angus. Lets face it, its very easy to sound and play like angus bit try to rip off eddie. Not so easy. And i like angus… his early stuff anyway. New stuff is rehashed commercial shit.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. :Angus is so much better than Eddie because he his guitar parts are incredibly adrenaline pumping also, he is a huge living legend!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!Angus Young me to he is the best member in acdc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Personally I don´t like to listen to players like Van Halen, Vai, Malmsteen or Satriani. I think they are just boring when they try to play as many notes as possible per second. In many cases it´s not music, it´s more like math or something. I´d much rather listen to a players who puts rhythm and emotions first. Conclusion? I prefer Angus Young, no doubt.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. Angus Young is a small school boy compared to Eddie! Eddie is the greatest guitarist in the world and Angus isn´t even in the top ten list!

Anonymous

Eddie Van Halen Redifined the sound of the electric guitar ,HE INVENTED THE TAPPING AND HARMONICS TECHNIQUE FOR ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!!I think Eddie is quite Superior

Anonymous

Eddie Van Halen simply is the best guitarist in the world. I am surprised people actually try to compare him to Angus Young. You simply can’t beat the talent of Eddie Van Halen. He has been more innovative than any other guitarist of all time. Every one else that came close to Eddie’s talent are now, (ie. Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads.) Rock on Eddie.

Anonymous

: Eddie Van Halen simply is the best guitarist in the world. I am surprised people actually try to compare him to Angus Young. You simply can’t beat the talent of Eddie Van Halen. He has been more innovative than any other guitarist of all time. Every one else that came close to Eddie’s talent are now dead (ie. Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads.) Rock on Eddie.

Anonymous

: Eddie Van Halen simply is the best guitarist in the world. I am surprised people actually try to compare him to Angus Young. You simply can’t beat the talent of Eddie Van Halen. He has been more innovative than any other guitarist of all time. Every one else that came close to Eddie’s talent are now, dead (ie. Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads.) Rock on Eddie.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : No offense to anyone who thinks Angus is a better guitarist. I mean he is really good, but in all honesty if you say that Angus is better you don’t know anything about the guitar. Eddie is one of the greatest if not the greatest guitarist ever. He revolutionized he guitar in so many ways. Eddie is so much better than Angus, Angus is good, but isn’t even in the same building as Eddie. In my personal oppinion Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitarist to ever live!!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! Eddie and Angus have different styles, but I would be happy if the world had more of each. And yes another Jimi wouldn’t hurt either!!!!!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. :ANGUS.BUT JIMMY PAGE KICKS THE CRAP OUT OF ANGUS.

Anonymous

Eddie kicks Anguses Ass all over the place please.. Angus is a toddler in the presence of Van Halen…

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, because if you take the hammering and tapping away fom eddie, what have you got? Don’t get me wrong, I think Eddie is a fantastic player, but when it comes to feel and stage showmanship, and let’s face it, that’s part of being a good guitar player, and as one person said "the ability use one note while others use fifty to get your feel across, Then angus wins hands down. Although I would like to see Eddie try some of the blue’s rock stuff Angus does and see if he can get the same results. I don’t think he could.As a guitar player,I know, either you have it or you don’t. When it comes to playing those good blues/ power crunch riff’s.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. It goes without saying. Eddie Van Halen is most definatly the better guitarist. You are comparing two different guitarist. Put it this way, EVH can play anything Angus can play…but can Angus play what EVH can play? i’d really like to see Angus have a go at EVH’s solo on Michael Jackson’s Beat It!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : ANGUS IS THE BEST GUITARIST EVER TO HAVE GRACED THE EARTH, IN MY VEIW. YOU ALWAYS GET 101% FROM ANGUS,A REAL POWERHOUSE GUT BUSTING GENIUS,WHAT A GUY! WHO ELSE RUN,S UP AND DOWN THE WHOLE STAGE LIKE HE DOES,AND GET,S THE AUDIENCES FULL ATTENTION. HELL,S BELL,S MAN THER,S ONLY ONE GUITARIST IN MY VEIW. ANGUS HE,S A GOD. KEEP ON ROCKING MATE. KRAZY.

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! First and foremost, I can’t believe there’s a poll like this. They are both great. I’ve read some of the other responses and opinions and find them to be open to great hostility to one or the other artist. Beleive it or not, there were other guitarists just as great as both of these guys who for one reason or another went unknown. Me personally, I would have to stack Eddie as the greatest in recent memory and Angus a close, and I mean very close, second right on his heals. I mean that in the most respectful way and it’s silly to pit these two guys, both the greatest, against each other. It opens up too much heated debate. I changed my mind, there both equal and that’s my final answer. No favorites, they are each great in their respective styles and contribute much to music loving memory everywhere. (But Eddie is brilliant and he would be even more so if he could bring Van Halen back together and get rid of Van Hagar off of his repertoir). Van Halen, AC DC, Metallica. In that order all the greatest. Sincerely JeffreyQ.

Anonymous

Definitely Angus, because he has alot more energy in his playing.

Anonymous

Angus by far has the better natural rhythm, most memorable riffs and Angus obviously stomps Eddie like a grape in stage presence. Eddie even ripped off Angus’s rhythm from "If You Want Blood" and stuck it into "Panama". Eddie can burn it up with solos, so can Angus, though Eddie is obviously more complex, he resorts to tapping everytime which makes me question whether or not Eddie has any soul whatsoever. Most Van Halen songs seem to be a excuse for Eddie to solo. Angus Young plays to complement the song & the singer, create grooves, for the love of Rock n Roll.

Anonymous

Fuck off yanks! You fucken yanks piss me off! Angus shits all over eddie and AC/DC shits all over Van halen. Get it right fuckwits!

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. eddie will kill angus like nothing.angus cant even play anything even almost as fast as eddie’s if you see vidoes and live concerts and heard songs from eddie you would know that angus is not a match for eddie.the only person angus could probably play better than is joe perry

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: I think Van Halen is a better guitar player because like other great musicians he has a background of classical training.With his right handed tapping licks and his firey staccato licks he is god over every guitar player.But don’t get me wrong,I think angus is one of the greatest guitar players there is and I play in his style the most.

Anonymous

Hi.
      I won a black Gibson SG signed by himself. See at:
      http://www.angelfire.com/pa/acdcjailbreak

Anonymous

I agree with the person who said that Angus plays more traditional rock music; Edward has his own very unique style. I have heard no one who can even come close to the skill of Edward Van Halen. Plus, he and Angus do have totally different styles of playing

Anonymous

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : :
      : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: Angus is definitely the best how can anyone think different me personally i think hes the best in the world but i know that some people will disagree

Anonymous

angus is the man eruption is great and i like van halens music is great but i think angus young is better but eddie is faster i like angus’s solos better though and since i like ac/dc’s music better and its all wrote by angus and malcom id have to say angus young is the man

Anonymous

:Listen how could you ever compare two of the greatest guitarists of all time it just hurts to bad to try to decide so my suggestion is to put them together in concert and have one hell of a show

Anonymous

angus young, obviously no more comments needed

Anonymous

: Eddie Van Halen is an inovator. He’s a great musician and a good performer at one time. Angus is obviously a better performer then Eddie. Angus must be really good on the guitar to be able to do all that crazy shit he does on stage and play his guitar. I think Eddie is a better musician overall. Angus is more fun to watch though.

Anonymous

There is no doubt in my mind, that Angus Young is THEE Greatest Gutarist ever. He dishes out awesome Solo’s better than anyone else and he’s an amazing stage performer, he really puts on a show like nobody else.

I say Angus Young. Hands down!

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist

: What the fuck? Angus Young? a poor artist? who else can can put on a performance like that and ooze as much charisma? please Van Halen pales in comparison. Angus Rocks like a true Aussie madman and dont even begin to think that there is a better combination of rockers than AC/DC.
      AC/DC make Australia proud and keep it real.

Anonymous

both rule, they could be better but they wre both potheads so that skewed up a bit. ROCK ON!!!!!

Anonymous

: They are both legends in their own right, and have contributed endless knowledge to the guitar as an instrument, but Eddie’s style and technical ability is far more impressive than Angus’.

: To take it a step further, although it may be true that Eddie could easily play any of the notes backward and forward that Angus does, I don’t think he could convince us that he means it the way Angus does. Eddie has been known to complain that he would rather play keyboard. At some point along the way, Eddie lost his passion. You could hear it in his older stuff but now it’s dry. Angus still believes in his much simpler style, and he takes us there with him. Angus gives us the passion that Eddie used to feel in his youth. If music is too much brain and not enough heart it may be impressive but it’s not very listen able.

Anonymous

: Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist

Anonymous

Angus is not the poor artist may you dont have any tast are no anything about music what a shame do your resrearch about both artist befor you make yourself look stupid

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : Angus Young is a great guitarist, but nobody (in my opinion) is better than Eddie Van Halen! He is probably the most innovative guitarist in the world! (his right hand tapping, and harmonics for example are unbelievable!)

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist Angus is a great player, better than most. The best guitarist of all time, STEVE VAI nobody can touch him

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist I find myself thinking, can this Tommy dickhead even play. Firstly to compare two different genres (Aussie pub rock & American Rock) is a waste of time. They both have their attributes and Having seen both live and LOUD I have the benefit of experience when I say that they are both legends and artists that would be appauled at what you brats are carrying on about. Saying he’s not an artist is not the words from an artist and you should pull your head in and learn the art yourself before you open your useless mouth. Pissed-off Aussie!

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THE SUCKER AND CLOWN ON THIS COMPETITION WOULD DEFENETLY BE EDDIE VAN HALEN

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen their both very good guitarists and i think that technically eddy is the best but when it comes to playing solos to complete songs i think angus is way better, his solos always fit in any how

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist,YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!ANGUS RULES,WHERE IS EDDIE NOW OR THE LAST 5 YEARS?LOST HIS SOUND AFTER 1984,THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT STYLES,ANGUS I A VERY GOOD GUITARIST AND SHOWMAN(the best)angus probably couldnt do what eddie does and eddie sure as hell couldnt do what angus does!!

Anonymous

ANGUS ROCKS! I REALLY think that ANGUS is better than EDDIE.. EDDIE rocks too dont get me wrong but ANGUS is the MAN!!!!!

Anonymous

ANGUS ROCKS! I REALLY think that ANGUS is better than EDDIE.. EDDIE rocks too dont get me wrong but ANGUS is the MAN!!!!!

Anonymous

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

Angus is the man. Eddie’s a great guitarist, but anyone who can run around the stage like mad, while playing a 10 min lead break that mesmerises the audience, knows what true rock is!!

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : I think that they are both two of the greatest guitarists ever! But I believe Angus has the best "BALLS TO THE WALLS" performance compared to Eddie.If it was possible and Angus and Eddie could get one or the other pregnant they would produce the greatest guitarist in all of the universe!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Well, here is the deal. Eddie is better. Not because I personally like him or anything…trust me, AC/DC is my second fav band of all time next to Guns n Roses, but Eddie ia a guitar Virtuoso. He is faster, and he is a guitar god. But Angus is not far behind. He is also a Guitar Titan. and oh yeah…The Duck walk is simply AMAZING.

~Slash

Anonymous

: Well, here is the deal. Eddie is better. Not because I personally like him or anything…trust me, AC/DC is my second fav band of all time next to Guns n Roses, but Eddie ia a guitar Virtuoso. He is faster, and he is a guitar god. But Angus is not far behind. He is also a Guitar Titan. and oh yeah…The Duck walk is simply AMAZING. : ~Slash ANGUS IS HELL OF A LOT BETTER!! WATCH LIVE AT DONNINGTONA ND HIS FAST- ASSS-KICKIN SOLOS AND HE HAS THE BEST F*&**** ANTICS and EVH was also cool 2 but Angus is hell a lot better!!!!!!

Anonymous

Anguuuuuuuus!!!!!!!!!! He´s the rock
      Aguante AC/DC!

Anonymous

For all of u Angus fans: Yes, he is an established and respected rock guitarist. But he IS NOT Eddie Van Halen. None of us are…Eddie Van Halen virtually reinvented the instrument in the late 70’s, early 80’s, and inspired an entire genre of self-described imitators. Not only is Eddie superior to Angus, he is superior to everyone except maybe the late Hendrix.

Anonymous

Anguuuuuuuus!!!!!!!!!! He´s the rock
      Aguante AC/DC!

Anonymous

: : I think Angus Young is hands down

AC/DC as a band has far better sound then van halen.
      van halen is pure cheeseball rock and roll…just look at that fagot ass guitar eddy plays…the 80’s sound horrible…..ohh yeah…….angus would win in a fight also.

Anonymous

: : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : I think Angus Young is hands down : AC/DC as a band has far better sound then van halen. : van halen is pure cheeseball rock and roll…just look at that fagot ass guitar eddy plays…the 80’s sound horrible…..ohh yeah…….angus would win in a fight also. ANGUS YOUND OWNS ALL!!!

Anonymous

i would like to scrap you little fagot.

Anonymous

: I think Angus Young is hands down

Anonymous

hey dipshit did you even hear eddie moreon you suck minor \

Anonymous

Angus Young is not only better than the asshole of Van Halen, he is the best rock n’ roll guitarrist in the world, because he plays it in a wild way.
      Please do not compare a king with a guitarrist

Anonymous

: : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

: Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.
      Angus kicks arse,and can play longer and better lead breaks

Anonymous

Van Halen Rocks kicks Angus all over the place… Eddie is the legend Angus doesn’t make grade…

Anonymous

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : yo pienso que angus young, porque trae muy buena onda y es muy sexi

Anonymous

the question is ..who is better …

are you all crazzy … b4 angus .. b4 van halen ..was hendrix !!

Anonymous

Jimi Hendrix was a great guitarist, BUT, Angus young is the best guitar player of all time. I had the privlage to go to a concert on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, and Angus rips! He goes for hours on end without taking a rest, and he can do some crazy ass shit wile playing. AC/DC is my favorite band, and if you get the chance, i recomend seeing them in concert. Oh yeah, Hendrix was NOT before angus, they were around at the same time, and they are not even comparable, because hendrix was a different style, he was more blues, and angus is all out rock!

Anonymous

both of them are legends, but Angus is THE GREATEST. He can say with two notes, what others do with fifty. His vibrato is excellent, and he also composes with his brother great riffs. His stage appearance is also fantastic. He introduced BB King and Chuck Berry to a metalhead, and this isn ‘t an easy job.
      ANGUS ROCKS ‘N’ RULES

Anonymous

Can Eddie Van Halen do a single-handed guitar solo?Check out "TUNDERSTRUCK" by AC/DC,Angus has to be THE BEST guitarist in the world.This is Angus Youngs Irish connection,keep rockin’ bud.

Anonymous

: Can Eddie Van Halen do a single-handed guitar solo?Check out "TUNDERSTRUCK" by AC/DC,Angus has to be THE BEST guitarist in the world.This is Angus Youngs Irish connection,keep rockin’ bud. Check out every eddie solo and just see how much better he is

Anonymous

Van halen is technically far superior.
      Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

Anonymous

Van halen is technically far superior.
      Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

Anonymous

eddie was fast(because he used to hands) but angus young was faster with his left hand : Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

Anonymous

: Van halen is technically far superior. : Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive. Man honestly if you think that your the one that sucks, because Rhoads can’t even compare to either of them.

Anonymous

:Angus Angus Angus!!! I have never been so mesmerized by a musician. He is channeling something so incredible and in such an uninhibited manner–you just feel the passion. Not to mention never missing a note with all the leaping and falling and head bobbing…Angus is my new hero.

Anonymous

Hey angus young fans!! If angus would listen to van halens "eruption" he would be on the floor crying!! I am sorry, but angus young is nothing compared to eddie. His musical genus led to crazy new styles. Angus is good, not better.

Anonymous

Angus is the best

Anonymous

Angus Young rules!!!!!!!Why?? Because he’s still doing what he loves to do, and didn’t marry a bitch to slow him down.

Anonymous

eddie is not the best,he is good but not the best.the poor eddi just cant do more. the best of the best should be JIMMY PAGE.

Anonymous

Angus is god er wait I mean the devil!!!!!!

Anonymous

: I think Angus Young is more fast with the guitat, but eddie van halen has much more tecnic

I think that angus is the best, because the music that he play is the best .
      but eddie is the second in the list.

i am from argentinian.
      sorry, because i dont speak english very well, but i want left my opinion.

bye
      IVAN TOTH

Anonymous

: :if you take all into account its angus.rock is going to gigs and lettin go and as gigs go no one perfofms at such a high level with such energy&fun but the real winners are us ROCKERS : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

: : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: : This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!

Anonymous

: : :eddie "gunslinger" van halen is the man. if ever in doubt, just crank up "ATOMIC PUNK". THIS GUY KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!!!!

Anonymous

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

: : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!

Anonymous

: : : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent. : : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer. : : This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good! no angus is better. who else can travel the fret board as fast as him?

Anonymous

They are both legends in their own right, and have contributed endless knowledge to the guitar as an instrument, but Eddie’s style and technical ability is far more impressive than Angus’.

Anonymous

They are both legends in their own right, and have contributed endless knowledge to the guitar as an intstrument, but Eddie’s style and technical ability is far more impressive than Angus’.

Anonymous

: : Angus is the best because he and AC/DC kicks ASS!!!
      aangus young is the best guitarist your right

Anonymous

: Angus is the best because he and AC/DC kicks ASS!!!

Anonymous

Angus is the best because he and AC/DC kicks ASS!!!

Anonymous

: : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks!

: : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!

Anonymous

: : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

::: I really like Angus Young as far as listening to, I think he rocks! but I have to say Eddie is just as talented so, I dont know, keep on rockin boyz!

Anonymous

Angus is definitely the best how can anyone think different me personally i think hes the best in the world but i know that some people will disagree

Anonymous

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent. : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer. : Angus is definitely the best how can anyone think different me personally i think hes the best in the world but i know that some people will disagree your stupid if you think angus is better

Anonymous

I think that Eddie Van Halen is better because he could crush Angus Young in a guitar match.

Anonymous

: Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league.

Anonymous

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent. : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer. : : Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league. : : Van Halen is better but Angus is good, but not the best. Because the best is Randy Rhoads. : : I would have to disagree with what Brandon says. I think Angus Young is deffinilty the BEST!~ So how about THAT one BRANDON! haha

Anonymous

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent. : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer. : : Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league. : : Van Halen is better but Angus is good, but not the best. Because the best is Randy Rhoads.

Anonymous

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent. : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer. : : Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league. angus is the best by far like the song jailbreak live in donington england listen to it sounds hell good well your a pritty good guitarist 2 but angus’s antics on stage beet any other guitarist for sure

Anonymous

From Argentina too. Eddie Wins without any doubt. He’s better technically, musically, and I like more his tone. I really like Angus, but I think He is more a "rock&roll guitarist".

Anonymous

: Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

Hi, I´am a great fan of AC/DC and Van Halen as well, from Argentina and I think that both of them are great guitarrist’s, but diffrent… Eddie is better in a technical point of view; Angus has that touch of incredible power. And what about Carlitos Santana?

Best regads

Anonymous

: : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : : Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent. : : Hi, I´am a great fan of AC/DC and Van Halen as well, from Argentina and I think that both of them are great guitarrist’s, but diffrent… Eddie is better in a technical point of view; Angus has that touch of incredible power. And what about Carlitos Santana? : Best regads what about santana.he is boring compared to angus or eddie and i think eddie is the greatest of all time i mean look at his contibutions to the guitar world,the variced marshall,the humbucker in aguitar with a floyd,the eb musicman axis,the peavy wolfgang,and last but not least the 5150

Anonymous

.ANGUS YOUNG RULES!!!!!! I Love Eddie! but AC/DC is just the best! Angus is my idol and my hereo! ‘
      Nothin better then him

Anonymous

: :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

Anonymous

One is no better than the other just learn from both and take it to the next level.

Anonymous

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen. : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he’s a legend, and he rocks! : One is no better than the other just learn from both and take it to the next level. I highly respect eddie van halen and he is a technical guitar god But angus… eddies heavy metal is awesome but in my opinion angus’ rhythm-and-bruise style kicks ass and he has the best on stage act ive seen. angus rocks

Anonymous

Sorry, but EVH did not invent two hand tapping! He just reintroduced it, in a different context. Anyone familiar with jazz and fusion will know this.: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

Anonymous

Angus Young is a BADMOFO without question.But Eddie V.
      is an innovator.He invented two-hand tapping,and knew his harmonics like back of his hand.Also,superb picking technique,lightining fast with razor-sharp articulation.Knows all the scales back to front and Van
      Halen albums 1-4 are classics.
      Rock dude

Anonymous

Eddie’s a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie’s better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

Anonymous

it´s not easy but i think Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist in the world.

Anonymous

it´s not easy but i think Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist in the world.

Anonymous

ANGUS IS BETTER HELLO!!!!!!!!GE REAL EDDIE VANHALEN IS A BUM!

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.