Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

Posted by LuKe on Wed, 07/12/00 - 08:34:45.

Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

: Van halen is technically far superior.
: Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

Man honestly if you think that your the one that sucks, because Rhoads can't even compare to either of them.

eddie was fast(because he used to hands) but angus young was faster with his left hand
: Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

Van halen is technically far superior.
Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

hello .. hendrix ???

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

the question is ..who is better ...

are you all crazzy ... b4 angus .. b4 van halen ..was hendrix !!

Re: hello .. hendrix ???

Jimi Hendrix was a great guitarist, BUT, Angus young is the best guitar player of all time. I had the privlage to go to a concert on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, and Angus rips! He goes for hours on end without taking a rest, and he can do some crazy ass shit wile playing. AC/DC is my favorite band, and if you get the chance, i recomend seeing them in concert. Oh yeah, Hendrix was NOT before angus, they were around at the same time, and they are not even comparable, because hendrix was a different style, he was more blues, and angus is all out rock!

: yo pienso que angus young, porque trae muy buena onda y es muy sexi

pleaseeeeeeeee

Angus Young is not only better than the asshole of Van Halen, he is the best rock n' roll guitarrist in the world, because he plays it in a wild way.
Please do not compare a king with a guitarrist

: I think Angus Young is hands down

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : I think Angus Young is hands down

AC/DC as a band has far better sound then van halen.
van halen is pure cheeseball rock and roll...just look at that fagot ass guitar eddy plays...the 80's sound horrible.....ohh yeah.......angus would win in a fight also.

: : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : I think Angus Young is hands down

: AC/DC as a band has far better sound then van halen.
: van halen is pure cheeseball rock and roll...just look at that fagot ass guitar eddy plays...the 80's sound horrible.....ohh yeah.......angus would win in a fight also.

ANGUS YOUND OWNS ALL!!!

i would like to scrap you little fagot.

hey dipshit did you even hear eddie moreon you suck minor

\

Anguuuuuuuus!!!!!!!!!! He´s the rock
Aguante AC/DC!

Anguuuuuuuus!!!!!!!!!! He´s the rock
Aguante AC/DC!

For all of u Angus fans: Yes, he is an established and respected rock guitarist. But he IS NOT Eddie Van Halen. None of us are...Eddie Van Halen virtually reinvented the instrument in the late 70's, early 80's, and inspired an entire genre of self-described imitators. Not only is Eddie superior to Angus, he is superior to everyone except maybe the late Hendrix.

Well, here is the deal. Eddie is better. Not because I personally like him or anything...trust me, AC/DC is my second fav band of all time next to Guns n Roses, but Eddie ia a guitar Virtuoso. He is faster, and he is a guitar god. But Angus is not far behind. He is also a Guitar Titan. and oh yeah...The Duck walk is simply AMAZING.

~Slash

: Well, here is the deal. Eddie is better. Not because I personally like him or anything...trust me, AC/DC is my second fav band of all time next to Guns n Roses, but Eddie ia a guitar Virtuoso. He is faster, and he is a guitar god. But Angus is not far behind. He is also a Guitar Titan. and oh yeah...The Duck walk is simply AMAZING.

: ~Slash

ANGUS IS HELL OF A LOT BETTER!! WATCH LIVE AT DONNINGTONA ND HIS FAST- ASSS-KICKIN SOLOS AND HE HAS THE BEST F*&**** ANTICS and EVH was also cool 2 but Angus is hell a lot better!!!!!!

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Angus is the man. Eddie's a great guitarist, but anyone who can run around the stage like mad, while playing a 10 min lead break that mesmerises the audience, knows what true rock is!!

: : I think that they are both two of the greatest guitarists ever! But I believe Angus has the best "BALLS TO THE WALLS" performance compared to Eddie.If it was possible and Angus and Eddie could get one or the other pregnant they would produce the greatest guitarist in all of the universe!!!!!!!

: Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist

: : Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist

: What the fuck? Angus Young? a poor artist? who else can can put on a performance like that and ooze as much charisma? please Van Halen pales in comparison. Angus Rocks like a true Aussie madman and dont even begin to think that there is a better combination of rockers than AC/DC.
AC/DC make Australia proud and keep it real.

: : Eddie is certainly the best guiatarist of all time, Angus is a poor artist,YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!ANGUS RULES,WHERE IS EDDIE NOW OR THE LAST 5 YEARS?LOST HIS SOUND AFTER 1984,THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT STYLES,ANGUS I A VERY GOOD GUITARIST AND SHOWMAN(the best)angus probably couldnt do what eddie does and eddie sure as hell couldnt do what angus does!!

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen
their both very good guitarists and i think that technically eddy is the best but when it comes to playing solos to complete songs i think angus is way better, his solos always fit in any how

: : I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THE SUCKER AND CLOWN ON THIS COMPETITION WOULD DEFENETLY BE EDDIE VAN HALEN

I find myself thinking, can this Tommy dickhead even play. Firstly to compare two different genres (Aussie pub rock & American Rock) is a waste of time. They both have their attributes and Having seen both live and LOUD I have the benefit of experience when I say that they are both legends and artists that would be appauled at what you brats are carrying on about. Saying he's not an artist is not the words from an artist and you should pull your head in and learn the art yourself before you open your useless mouth.

Pissed-off Aussie!

Angus is a great player, better than most. The best guitarist of all time, STEVE VAI nobody can touch him

: : Angus Young is a great guitarist, but nobody (in my opinion) is better than Eddie Van Halen! He is probably the most innovative guitarist in the world! (his right hand tapping, and harmonics for example are unbelievable!)

Angus is not the poor artist may you dont have any tast are no anything about music what a shame do your resrearch about both artist befor you make yourself look stupid

both rule, they could be better but they wre both potheads so that skewed up a bit. ROCK ON!!!!!

There is no doubt in my mind, that Angus Young is THEE Greatest Gutarist ever. He dishes out awesome Solo's better than anyone else and he's an amazing stage performer, he really puts on a show like nobody else.

I say Angus Young. Hands down!

: Eddie Van Halen is an inovator. He's a great musician and a good performer at one time. Angus is obviously a better performer then Eddie. Angus must be really good on the guitar to be able to do all that crazy shit he does on stage and play his guitar. I think Eddie is a better musician overall. Angus is more fun to watch though.

angus young, obviously no more comments needed

:Listen how could you ever compare two of the greatest guitarists of all time it just hurts to bad to try to decide so my suggestion is to put them together in concert and have one hell of a show

ANGUS SIGNED GUITAR FOR SALE !!!

Hi.
I won a black Gibson SG signed by himself. See at:
www.angelfire.com/pa/acdcjailbreak

: I think Van Halen is a better guitar player because like other great musicians he has a background of classical training.With his right handed tapping licks and his firey staccato licks he is god over every guitar player.But don't get me wrong,I think angus is one of the greatest guitar players there is and I play in his style the most.

eddie will kill angus like nothing.angus cant even play anything even almost as fast as eddie's if you see vidoes and live concerts and heard songs from eddie you would know that angus is not a match for eddie.the only person angus could probably play better than is joe perry

Fuck off yanks! You fucken yanks piss me off! Angus shits all over eddie and AC/DC shits all over Van halen. Get it right fuckwits!

Angus by far has the better natural rhythm, most memorable riffs and Angus obviously stomps Eddie like a grape in stage presence. Eddie even ripped off Angus's rhythm from "If You Want Blood" and stuck it into "Panama". Eddie can burn it up with solos, so can Angus, though Eddie is obviously more complex, he resorts to tapping everytime which makes me question whether or not Eddie has any soul whatsoever. Most Van Halen songs seem to be a excuse for Eddie to solo. Angus Young plays to complement the song & the singer, create grooves, for the love of Rock n Roll.

Definitely Angus, because he has alot more energy in his playing.

First and foremost, I can't believe there's a poll like this. They are both great. I've read some of the other responses and opinions and find them to be open to great hostility to one or the other artist. Beleive it or not, there were other guitarists just as great as both of these guys who for one reason or another went unknown. Me personally, I would have to stack Eddie as the greatest in recent memory and Angus a close, and I mean very close, second right on his heals. I mean that in the most respectful way and it's silly to pit these two guys, both the greatest, against each other. It opens up too much heated debate. I changed my mind, there both equal and that's my final answer. No favorites, they are each great in their respective styles and contribute much to music loving memory everywhere. (But Eddie is brilliant and he would be even more so if he could bring Van Halen back together and get rid of Van Hagar off of his repertoir). Van Halen, AC DC, Metallica. In that order all the greatest. Sincerely JeffreyQ.

: ANGUS IS THE BEST GUITARIST EVER TO HAVE GRACED THE EARTH, IN MY VEIW. YOU ALWAYS GET 101% FROM ANGUS,A REAL POWERHOUSE GUT BUSTING GENIUS,WHAT A GUY! WHO ELSE RUN,S UP AND DOWN THE WHOLE STAGE LIKE HE DOES,AND GET,S THE AUDIENCES FULL ATTENTION. HELL,S BELL,S MAN THER,S ONLY ONE GUITARIST IN MY VEIW. ANGUS HE,S A GOD. KEEP ON ROCKING MATE. KRAZY.

It goes without saying. Eddie Van Halen is most definatly the better guitarist. You are comparing two different guitarist. Put it this way, EVH can play anything Angus can play...but can Angus play what EVH can play? i'd really like to see Angus have a go at EVH's solo on Michael Jackson's Beat It!

: I think Angus Young is, because if you take the hammering and tapping away fom eddie, what have you got? Don't get me wrong, I think Eddie is a fantastic player, but when it comes to feel and stage showmanship, and let's face it, that's part of being a good guitar player, and as one person said "the ability use one note while others use fifty to get your feel across, Then angus wins hands down. Although I would like to see Eddie try some of the blue's rock stuff Angus does and see if he can get the same results. I don't think he could.As a guitar player,I know, either you have it or you don't. When it comes to playing those good blues/ power crunch riff's.

Eddie kicks Anguses Ass all over the place please.. Angus is a toddler in the presence of Van Halen...

:ANGUS.BUT JIMMY PAGE KICKS THE CRAP OUT OF ANGUS.

: : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Eddie and Angus have different styles, but I would be happy if the world had more of each.
And yes another Jimi wouldn't hurt either!!!!!

: No offense to anyone who thinks Angus is a better guitarist. I mean he is really good, but in all honesty if you say that Angus is better you don't know anything about the guitar. Eddie is one of the greatest if not the greatest guitarist ever. He revolutionized he guitar in so many ways. Eddie is so much better than Angus, Angus is good, but isn't even in the same building as Eddie. In my personal oppinion Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitarist to ever live!!

Eddie Van Halen simply is the best guitarist in the world. I am surprised people actually try to compare him to Angus Young. You simply can't beat the talent of Eddie Van Halen. He has been more innovative than any other guitarist of all time. Every one else that came close to Eddie's talent are now, (ie. Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads.) Rock on Eddie.

: Eddie Van Halen simply is the best guitarist in the world. I am surprised people actually try to compare him to Angus Young. You simply can't beat the talent of Eddie Van Halen. He has been more innovative than any other guitarist of all time. Every one else that came close to Eddie's talent are now, dead (ie. Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads.) Rock on Eddie.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.