Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

Posted by LuKe on Wed, 07/12/00 - 08:34:45.

Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

: Eddie Van Halen simply is the best guitarist in the world. I am surprised people actually try to compare him to Angus Young. You simply can't beat the talent of Eddie Van Halen. He has been more innovative than any other guitarist of all time. Every one else that came close to Eddie's talent are now dead (ie. Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads.) Rock on Eddie.

Eddie Van Halen Redifined the sound of the electric guitar ,HE INVENTED THE TAPPING AND HARMONICS TECHNIQUE FOR ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!!I think Eddie is quite Superior

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

Angus Young is a small school boy compared to Eddie! Eddie is the greatest guitarist in the world and Angus isn´t even in the top ten list!

Angus!

Personally I don´t like to listen to players like Van Halen, Vai, Malmsteen or Satriani. I think they are just boring
when they try to play as many notes as possible per second. In many cases it´s not music, it´s more like
math or something. I´d much rather listen to a players who puts rhythm and emotions first.
Conclusion? I prefer Angus Young, no doubt.

: Who is the better guitarist: or Eddie Van Halen.

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!Angus Young me to he is the best member in acdc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Angus is so much better than Eddie because he his guitar parts are incredibly adrenaline pumping
also, he is a huge living legend!!!!!!!!

You can't be serious. There is no competition here. One blues riff and scale compared to an amazing and unique technique. Eddie shits on Angus. Lets face it, its very easy to sound and play like angus bit try to rip off eddie. Not so easy. And i like angus... his early stuff anyway. New stuff is rehashed commercial shit.

: Definatly Angus Young,Eddies good but he's crap compared to Angus.

:
: I think Angus Young is, because he is a kick butt guttar player and whips the pants off eddie

:
: I think Angus Young is, because he is a kick butt guttar player and whips the pants off eddie

:i think angus is because he was and still is around a lot longer

"Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen"?

Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen isn't even an appropriate question to ask for anyone who enjoys playing and listening to guitar rock. A better way of phrasing it would be more like, "Which of these two is more technically impressive?", or "Which of these two plays their hardest"? In all fairness to Eddie, Angus puts way more into an AC/DC show than Eddie has ever done for Van Halen, but Eddie brought so much innovation to the instrument that all guitarists, including Angus, are indebted to him. As far as I'm concerned, though AC/DC is my all-time favorite band, when it comes to the guitar, both bands could hold their own in a grudge match.

Listen up!!!! as far as technique goes, neither guy can outplay the other. It may sound like Van Halen can play faster, but if you know anything about guitar, you can tell he's cheating, and has a very gimmicky style of playing. Angus doesn't, it's a gimmick-free no-bullshit, meat and potatoes, blues-on-steroids sound.When he hits a note, you know it's from the heart. On the other hand, Van Halen reinvented what you could do with a guitar. Angus didn't invent a thing.
It ain't fair to compare either with the likes of Hendrix or Clapton because they both sing, Eddie and Angus don't. But I can assure you that Angus and Van Halen are fans of each other.

Listen up!!!! as far as technique goes, neither guy can outplay the other. It may sound like Van Halen can play faster, but if you know anything about guitar, you can tell he's cheating, and has a very gimmicky style of playing. Angus doesn't, it's a gimmick-free no-bullshit, meat and potatoes, blues-on-steroids sound.When he hits a note, you know it's from the heart. On the other hand, Van Halen reinvented what you could do with a guitar. Angus didn't invent a thing.
It ain't fair to compare either with the likes of Hendrix or Clapton because they both sing, Eddie and Angus don't. But I can assure you that Angus and Van Halen are fans of each other.

DUDE THATS A HARD ONE MY FIRST ALBLUM I EVER OWNED WAS HIGH VOLTAGE, THE SECOND WAS DIVER DOWN. BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH THE MIGHTY VANHALEN. ANGUS GOT BALLS BUT ED GOT MADSKILLS. NOW THROW RANDY ROADES IN THE MIX AND NOW THATS A CONTEST. TAKE IT ANY WAY YOU CAN ROCK ON MADDOG MUNDIS

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Angus is the bomb!! no one can compare. he is the richard petty of music. the best musition out there!!

-Eddie is far better. He revolutionized music in the late seventies/ early eighties with his incredibly fast and unique style. Eddie has more finesse and intrinsic ability. I like Angus as well, but Eddie's playing is more complex.

Angus young all the way

Angus young is way better than van halen but dont get me wrong van halen is better at some things but over all angus young wins and van halen is manly good at fingure taps cause thats mainly what he plaed in for his solo's but angus put in different riffs so peacce and join the angus army

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie

Angus young is cooler, but Eddie van halen is a better guitarist mainly because he plays like guitar legends such as Steve Vai.

You know, you can't compare Angus and Eddie.
It doesn't matter who can play more difficult tunes. Music comes from heart not from brain, so enjoy the music and don't think about it so much.
And the fastest(not the best, because I like Angus so much, you hear it come from his heart)
band is DREAM THEATER. They play the most difficult tunes I've ever seen in my life. And I'm a musician too. Its fantastic.

when you talk about who is better i think that you have to be more specific. you never find a bigger angus fan than me. and nobody is better live than angus. however if you are talking about technique eddie is one of the best. but in the end angus rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angus rules so does his brother there the greats of rock n roll. but i like Eddie to hes good and a leadgen just like the young brothers.both are my favort bands of all time. but AC/DC is my band by far.Ivelisten to them for 20 years.ROCK ON AC/DC and ride on BON!

: ANGUS IS QUITE UNIQUE LOVE HIS MUSIC BUT I STILL THINK EDDIE IS A MORE INSPIRING GUTIARIST . HE HAS MORE OF AN INFUENCE ON MORE OF US LATER ROCKERS

It's stupid to compare Angus Young to Eddie Van Halen
We all know that Angus Young's the BEST. HE ROCKS!
He's a hottie as well
Eddie sucks

i think angus young is the best guitarist ever and will always be the best plus ac/dc makes van halen look like a little pussy band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: I DONT PERSONALLY CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK..... THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO COMPETITION BETWEEN THE TWO ANGUS KICKS ASS!!! HE IS DEFINATELLY A LEGEND!! KEEP ROCKING AND KICKING ASS ANGUS!!!!!

ANGUS YOUNG!!!!! eddie is very good, but angus is awsome. he never stops rockin the world. and hes the most entertaining guitarist ever, he just gets crazy when he plays, its allways fun to watch angus play, and he just keeps coming up with ass kicking riffs and solo's. Nobody compares to AC/DC, the band that will never die! LET THERE BE ROCK!!!

Hell yeah Eddie Van Halen! From Eruption to Little Guitars this man has shocked the world with his tapping technique that he mastered for all the world to gape in awe to and his mind boggling solos...Eddie kicks major ass and no one tops him. No one.

I change my mind...Angus is a better rocker, but Eddie is the better technician...if you're looking to compare two guitarists, don't compare them it's a comparison that doesn't have a real answer to, they are both phenomenal guitarists and have their own unique style.

Hey~ So What.. Im 14 and a chick, but damn!!! Angus, if given the opportunity, could wipe Van Halens ass! Angus is so much more talented than that scumbag Eddie. AC/DC kicks ass!

: Hey~ So What.. Im 14 and a chick, but damn!!! Angus, if given the opportunity, could wipe Van Halens ass! Angus is so much more talented than that scumbag Eddie. AC/DC kicks ass!

you need to wipe your ass with some knowledge! maybe it would reach that mindless head of yours. angus is a good solid guitarist, but he cant touch eddie when its comes to anything from feeling to technique!!! baby you are only 14 yrs old, you were not even born when eddie came on the seen and changed rock n roll forever with his guitar playing!!!! angus didnt even come close to doing anything like that.maybe you should ask your dad and he could help you out because you have NO CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie Van Halen is a spoiled puke, not only is Angus by far the better guitarist he doesn't have the uppity and unjustified superiority complex of Eddie Van Halen. Van Halen goes through lead singers like underwear because of this punk.

:
you are the fucking spoiled puke asshole you no nothing about guitar and i hope you never learn shit cocksucker

hey chick what do you know about guitar playing? both eddie and angus are guitar masters and neither one of them is better then the other. cant even compare them they have different styles.

: In my opinion even though angus is a rock god and does a great show eddie is a guitar genuis who can do things most can not.

I am a great ac/dc fan. I play guitar and can play some of there songs such as:back in black, money talks, hells bells, dirtydeeds done dirt cheap, and t.n.t. Although I like Van Halen there is no comparison Angus Young is a ledgend in rock'n'roll and he always will be.

Eddie Van Halen is a great guitarist, but Angus is wicked on the guitar!

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen:

I have seen Van Halen from 1979 to the present..(puke with Gary) I have also seen AC/DC a couple times...there is NO doubt that both guitarists rock!!!
But to ask who is better.....you can't answer....Different techniques different styles of music....Remember that Eddie redefinied the way rock guitar is played..Angus is more ..how can I say....more his own style of bluesy licks I guess I can say in all fairnsess......Thay both are TRUE legends...but to compare ......is like comparing Randy Rhoades to Stevie Ray Vaughn...BOTH LEGENDS!!!
Take care and keep ROCKIN!!!!!!!!

angus young is by far a better guitar player, he plays all over the neck, and his sound has a ton of feeling, eddie is good, but fingertapping was all he ever gave back, angus gave us a rockin good time, with the plug it in, and play, eddie is a metal head in a non meatl band, and although, they sucked after diamond dave, the still never " got me"!!

: you no nothing dicky licker eddie rules so eat shit you might learn from it

u fucken idiot u know nothing angus young is by far the better one he is the best and always will be eddie vanhalen blows shit u might learn from that bitch

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Eddie Van Halen is way better, he has his own style and he is also a legend. Let alone he is just a better musician altogether.

Hmm, everyone has their own opinons when it comes to guitarests. As for my opinon the best would most defenatly have to be Angus Young. He is a lot more entertaining, Eddie Van Halen is good, but notice when he plays Solos he uses both his hands, on the other hand Angus uses one and is just as fast. And I would love to see Eddie Van Halen get up on stage while doing the duckwalk while playing as good as Angus does.

Oh yes, one more thing. Personally I think Angus Young could outplay Eddie Van Halen with his guitar behind his back, easilly. Angus is the guitar god, he's the best guitarest in the world! Keep rockin' Angus!

i can play any slop solo of angus young he sucks he is one of the worst guitarists ive ever heard he does not compare to eddie

Eddie Van Halen can not be even compared to Angus Young! Angus is a straight ahead stock metal guitarist whose only amazing feature is how he can play while running around like a demented schoolboy.. Eddie is a guitar genius who, along with Hendrix in his day, has reinvented rock guitar. Nuff said!

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks! You are kiding Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist that wealked on this planet. Back in Black is the most easy song to play like smoke on water!!!! Angus
is a good guitar player but know where near EVH!!!!!

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks! You are kiding Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist that walked on this planet. Back in Black is the most easy song to play like smoke on water!!!! Angus is a good guitar player but know where near EVH!!!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.