Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Tama Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I would like to purchase a Tama Acoustic Guitar, preferably the TG-120 6-string. If anyone has one I am willing to pay top dollar. Please write me at [email protected] –Thanks.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Such great posts about these beautiful guitars. How about this for a tale of a prodigal TG 80?

Jake Wildwood had a lovely TG 80 for sale online around 7 years ago. I posted this in September 2014:’

I had a beloved TG 80 that I paid for at the age of 16 after hay baling during a long, very hot summer. I loved that guitar. I remember walking into the music store, and along with a bunch of (to me) too-flashy Washburns, was a spectacular TG, along with a 12 string TAMA that was more ornate. It was new, marked down from $750 AUS to $570 Aus. A lot of money then. I sold it unwisely to an ex-girlfriend who swore that she’d contact me if she ever thought of selling it (she pawned it for $40 instead alas! Someone wandered into that shop and got themselves a beautiful bargain…). A few years ago I picked up a TK 50 for $200 that looks very similar & does have a great tone, but I’ll always miss my first love 🙂
      September 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM’

YESTERDAY I posted this:

‘Incredibly – see my post September 2014 – I once again have a TG 80 – in fact, the VERY SAME one hocked as above via an interstate music shop site. It had been sitting – incredibly – in a back room in that same pawn shop since approx 1990 prior to the music shop owner finding it! That’s over 30 years. Dirty, yes, but still in its hard case, and once cleaned up, in fabulous condition. I later bought a less-brilliant but still beautiful TK 50, so now I have both, sigh. And yes, I DID have to pay market price for my prodigal TG 80! It’s worth every cent and more.
      June 8, 2021 at 7:21 AM’

I can’t say how much I love my TG 80, and would never sell it. The TG series, for me, combine magnificent sound with perfect design. That headstock…wow.

Anonymous

I bought this awesome guitar in 74-75, the day it arrived at music store in Norfolk Virginia.
      It may be the only one ever made. I have never found another. Not listed anywhere ,as if it never existed.
      Would love to hear from anyone with a theory?

Anonymous

Not sure if my first post went through as its been a few days and I haven’t seen it yet. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

I have Two Tama’s, One being the TG-80 It has I believe the German Spruce Top (Dark Colored) and Solid Mahogany back and sides. This guitar plays so beautifully and with such ease. My mom purchased for my father in 77 I believe he told me. I have not been able to find another TG-80 That looks like mine with the dark top. It would be cool to know that someone else has one.

The other is a 3558 With a spruce top and Jacaranda back and sides. A bit more inlays in this one. I love this guitar. It has awesome low end tones and plays amazing as well. But if I had to pick my favorite I would go with the TG-80.

I have a high end Washburn and an Alverez that are great too, but they don’t compete with either of these Tama’s.

Anonymous

I have 2 Tama Acoustics. I cant seem to find a lot of info on them to be honest. They were my dads and I would never sell them. All the TG-80’s I have seen are blonde and the one I have is dark front and back. They both sound amazing the TG-80 I think sounds better than the 3558. but the 3558 has a lot more inlays and is in newer looking condition. but both great guitars. If anyone knows more about them I would love to hear it.

Anonymous

I have a Tama 3570 that I’m thinking of selling. I think the person who owned it didn’t play it very much though he’s had it for 30+ years. The fingerboard is in almost perfect condition as well as the rest of the guitar. Has a few very small dings (barely into the wood) and surface scratches in the finish.
      Serial Number 00000001!

Anonymous

Do you still have the 3570 for sale? what is your asking price? interested in any kind of trades? If you want it I probably have it! thanks!!…Fix

Anonymous

Sorry I just found this site. Do you still have you Tama?

Anonymous

Nice forum! I still have a Tama 3570 (D45 copy) my mother purchased for me in 1976. I was only 11 years old. I was a talented player and should have kept the interest. Unfortunately I went on to other things, however the guitar has remained with me all these years. It’s all original and beautiful with the original case. I still wake it up every now and then. It’s one of few things that will stay with me until I die. Absolutely great guitars from that era and still unmatched in quality today!

Anonymous

Have a TW-09 that is not being played, which is tragic. Near mint condition. Best offer considered.

Anonymous

I’ve had Tama guitars for 10 yrs and was always able to get some history on them, until now. The TG 190, built for only one year (the last year of Tama’s existence – after the Ibanez buyout), seems to have a special mystique and I’ve seen some mention of it built as a final statement of incredible quality from a company about to pass into history. It has unique build specs that I’ve never heard or seen in any other Tama instrument: Spanish heel, natural materials in all components (except the frets!), inlay exotic wood pickguard, etc. It plays like a dream. Would really appreciate any history that anyone can offer. Seems the TG 190 should have been built as a custom shop item to be given as a special gift for someone. I’ve inquired with the Ibanez Company so hopefully something will turn up. Thanks for any help!
      Kirk in Florida

Anonymous

My dad owns a Tama TW-07 guitar which he traded his jaguar electric and a twin reverb amp for back in 78. I have been doing research on it and barely can find any info on the value of it. The funny thing is I own a Taylor custom 614 grand auditorium and need to send it back for a crack on the face of it and needed a guitar to replace it for a few weeks. I asked my dad to use his and was very pleased with the condition of the guitar after 36 years! The action is still great and the tones sound beautiful. I still love my Taylor but appreciate the craftmanship Of the Tama. I tour New England playing music and play a lot with my Taylor and realize the value of durability. The tama has been through alot and still sounds great. It was the very first guitar that I ever played on and am privileged to be able to perform with it for the next 3 to 6 weeks till my Taylor gets back. It is a treasure that will stay in the family for many years to come.

Anonymous

I bought my Tama TW09 in 1979 for around $500.00. A couple years later I gave it to a friend who was moving to Montana and liked that guitar. This past year, my friend passed away and the executer of his estate gave me back that guitar….still in great condition and with the original hard shell case. I put some new strings on it and immediately recorded with it. I own seven High End guitars including Taylors, Gibsons, and a Martin. I even have a hand made Pimentel…..but the Tama still rises to the surface once in a while…..sweet old relic from the past…..every bit the player my Martin is. Wouldn’t part with it now for any money, especially with the personal history it has for me….

Anonymous

I bought mine in 1979. The shop owneer said to turn away while he palyed a Martin D28 and the Tama and pick the best. It was an easy choice but I was not expecting the Tama to be the one.
      Thirty plus years on and I took it to play against some new Gibson J 45’s and Martins. It is still way ahead and just the sweetest, balanced sounding guitar. Sure, it does not have the name of a gibson or a Martin….. however it does sound better!

Anonymous

I had never heard of tama guitars (I have heard of tama drums), but to find this guitar in a pawn shop for $90. is special. I will pass this guitar to my son, and hopefully his son, because I have no plans to sell, pawn, or trade this beautifully crafted guitar.

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Tama TG 120S, trying to find out what it is worth. Anybody have a clue? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

I found a model tg120 tama / type-dreadnought, top-german spruce, back & sides-rosewood, fingerboard-ebony, tuners-chrome plated, yr of mfg-77-79, price-1450/dm. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I bought my Tama new in Toronto 1972 for $350. The Model is AT358S and the serial number is 7208S, Beautiful looking and playing guitar, I have a Martin D28 as well. Can anyone tell me bout the model? Thanks

Anonymous

Walked in to a pawn shop and sitting there was a beautiful looking Tama guitar (model 3560). Didnt know what is was, never heard of Tama (except Tama drums). Called my son who is in a local band, told him about it and the asking price was $149.00 (I negotiated to $90.00) and my sun called me back in 15 min. and said buy it, which I did. It is almost in pristine condition and it has such wonderful inlay (ablone) on the headstock and frets. If this guitar is really from the 70’s, it has really been loved. Unfortunately someone needed cash, and I was the receipient of this little treasure. Truly a guitar players guitar.

Anonymous

I’m jealous. What a buy. I’m looking for my second TAMA and hope to score a classical. I got mine in 1980 as a 2nd(back crack, factory repaired) but it sounded great from the beginning though I didn’t know what I was getting. It’s kind of rough and ready as it is rarely in it’s case and is exposed. Better to play it though. I’ve got the girlfriend learning on a chinese guitar but someday, if she gets better or maybe for the hell of it, I’ll get another TAMA for her. I might spring for a Fishman one of these days. I’ll bet the guitar sounds great amplified.
        $90. Amazing

Anonymous

I got 2 Tama guitars. TG- 160. Tama 3561. Just love them.

Anonymous

Solid Blond, sides, neck and back. inlay on all edges. Never seen one like it and have looked at a lot. Bought in 74 or 75 for around $550. That was a lot of money to at that time. Not really for sale but am curious about worth. Send an email address to see it.

[email protected]

Anonymous

I’ve just bought a tama 3566 and I’m in love with the sound I’m getting off her!

Stumbled across her in the classifieds a week ago, I’d never heard of tama previously.. She’s in great nick for a 35 year old guitar and the resonance coming out her is incredible.. never mind playing open chords, playing open strings sounds good! This is my first good quality guitar I’ve owned and I can’t see myself ever parting with her. The previous owner had her for 14 years and was pretty emotional at giving her away, they seem to be pretty special guitars.

She wasn’t cheap, but neither was she extortionate.. to be honest money never came into it, once I’d picked her up. Anything in life is worth as much as you’re prepared to pay for it.. I’m starting to come to realise what a find my tama is.

I’m still keeping in touch with the seller, he seemed more eager to sell to somebody who would play the guitar, other than a collector. I’d like to just say I’m grateful to him for letting me join the club 😉

Anonymous

I just happened to see this thread about TAMA guitars and thought I would hi to this small community of TAMA owners. I’ve been playing since I was 15yrs (now 53) and bought my TAMA TG-160 Jacaranda model on 12/23/78 because I still have the Limited Lifetime Warranty card that came with it. It is in superb condition and it has aged so beautiful over the years. To tell the truth the isn’t a guitar that I have had in my hands at ANY price that has the balance of tone that the TG-160 has. The sound is really gorgous. It also plays like dream. I thought I would also add to this thread. Happy playing.

Anonymous

I am looking for information on my Tama acoustic. It was my mom’s and she passed away a long time ago, and it has sat in my attic for at least as long as I’ve been alive. I am 15 years old. Apparently from the heat of the attic combined with the high tension of the strings, the bridge lifted like hell. Other than that, I would say the guitar is almost mint, not a scartch on it, not even the pickguard. It is what I assume is the original hardshell case, because it fits perfectly and says tama on the cover. Looking straight into the soundhole, the Tama paper says model no. T18F and then possibly 3 more indistinct letters/characters. If you tilt the guitar(looking into the soundhole right by the neck), it has 7204P printed inside. It looks alot like this one : http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3555.html with at least 2 exceptions, one being that the top Tama logo, on the headstock, is exactly like the one in the picture, but just the letters TAMA, not the symbol to the left of it. The other difference I can find is it dosen’t have the white part on the back of the neck where it connects to the main part of the guitar. Can anyone help me? Thank you

Anonymous

I have an acoustic Tama Guitar Model#T18F with two numbers written in penincil in little quotes next to the autentic label that was put inside my guitar. It was gift long ago, my friends who gave it to me passed away long ago.

Mine is in perfect condition, and I am looking to sell. I don’t know how I can help you except to say I have the same one or simialr, I cannot find the model# online for pricing or for anyother information.

My friend said he had it made out of the country or custom made, I was only a child then, perhaps he said he purchased it for its custom made quailty. It used to hang on his wall with all his other prized guitars. I proud to say that he was Native American/Mexican and a great guitarist and played at many venues for fun and proffesional. My guitar has beautiful Native Amercian penstiping on the back of the guitar. It is three different wood colors. Very dark brown, medium dark brown, and light dark brown. It is inlaid with mother of pearl as well, and has blue designs on front.

I had a native amercian desinged blue shoulder strap professionally attached years ago when I used to play. The strap itself can be unattached and a different color, if blue or the design is not to someones taste or a different quality of strap can be aplied to the hinges on the guitar. It was given to me for my small frame, I was just a girl then, but I am still quit pettite. I know it is a baby model, which are rare, a gem indeed. I have put in some offers to some stores and will hear back soon. If you have found other information for the model please share. I hope that information helps you, or if you are interested in purchasing please let me know. ~Cori

[email protected]

Anonymous

i have two tamas bought the tw07 in 1978 for 400 just bought the d45 lookalike on ebay for 615 just great

Anonymous

Purchase a new tama guitar 32 yrs. ago in canada approx. price $400.00 it has a really nice sound , inside its Stamped Tama SE18 ??? cannot really make it out , it looks like the model 3563 but without the fancy carvings on the neck , can someone help identify it or tell me of a web sight of the different models. Up until I visited this sight its the first time I’ve come across hearing of anyone else owning one, its nice to hear the good comments .

Anonymous

A near complete listing with detailed information and a few pictures is available at this German language site: http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/ You have to click around a bit to find the Tama page, but you will.

Anonymous

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for writing about your guitars. Great stories–especially the one about using your Tama as a life raft. Funny, that’s a good metaphor for a guitar–a life raft. Playing guitar saves my life every once in a while too… It’s really cool to hear from you all–and it’s interesting that you ALL have the same sentiment about your guitars as I found from the dozens of folks I contacted during my search over a year ago. You all love your Tama guitars and can’t see parting with them! I’ll let you all know if I ever get the TamaGuitars.com site up. Hopefully Tama won’t file a lawsuit against me just for providing an information forum for us all… Take care! and thanks to everyone that wrote me about their guitars. –Bill

Anonymous

I just stumbled across this forum. So nice to hear other folks talk about Tama guitars. I have a TG-120, purchased for about $600 new in 1980. Three-piece back with the single abalone "T" in the headset. I remember being told that there were very few TG-120’s made. The guitar is in mint condition and has a beautiful sound. Eveytime I try a new guitar I am always thankful I have the Tama. I added a fishman pick-up and it sounds great amplified. Very few people have heard of these guitars, but when they play mine they are wowed. A TamaGuitar site would be great. David

Anonymous

Oops! I don’t have a TG-120 — I have the TG-135. Shows how often I look through the sound hole. I did buy a TG-120 the Summer of 1979 (for about $600) and a few months later upgraded to the TG-135 (for an additional $180). The TG-135 is the more limited production and has the 3-piece rosewood back (I think I was told there were about 100 135’s made). I remember really liking the 120, but when I played the 135, the difference was noticeable. If a TamaGuitar site will not work, we could set up a YahooGroups site where photos can be posted. I’d love to see the Tama guitars that are still out there.–David

Anonymous

Hi I also own A Tama 6 string model # 3558 S .Have had it since 1977 .Will never part with it.Sounds and plays too good!Sent [email protected] an Email for more info on these guitars.We should all send him pics to start his web site dedicated to Tama guitars!

Anonymous

: Hi I also own A Tama 6 string model # 3558 S . Just fell over one in a pack of eight guitars. someone has been kicking it around for years, real shame. it´s a lovely guitar.

Anonymous

: Hi I also own A Tama 6 string model # 3558 S .Have had it since 1977 .Will never part with it.Sounds and plays too good!Sent [email protected] an Email for more info on these guitars.We should all send him pics to start his web site dedicated to Tama guitars!

Anonymous

: : Sorry Bill; I hit the wrong button. I too have a Tama model 3560-12. I purchased it in the spring of 79 c/w the orginal Tama case. It is a wonderful instrument to play. It has better sound each year. I like your idea of the pictures. Dave

Anonymous

I purchased a TAMA TG-120 for $100. Although the bridge has been re-glued once, it’s in excellent condition. It even has the manufacture date inside, September 1976. It had been in the case, unplayed for several years. I love it. Glad to see there are a FEW others out there.

Anonymous

Okay, I’ll throw my 2 cents worth in…I’ve got a Tama TG-80 that I bought new in La Mesa, CA. in January of ’78 (I believe it was the 9th…) and it’s one of the few things in my world that would truly hurt to lose (my family ntwithstanding, of course). If that Tama website ever occurs, in english, hopefully (my german’s a bit rusty), I’d love to know about it…

Anonymous

I have a TG-80, bought it second hand a while ago. It was pretty beaten up, one hole and a few creacks but it has a sound all it’s own. If anyone has one they would sell (Doesn’t look like it) I would definately be interested. Send me a e-mail at [email protected]

Anonymous

I have a TG120 that I bought new back in 78 (i think) for about $400. It’s been a great guitar, tho I’ve sent it back to the manufacturer to have the bridge glued back on (twice) and the fretboard,too (love that lifetime warranty) It’s resting right now – the fretboard is worn and frets are loose. i could have it fixed, but I want to work on it myself, so it’s waiting for time and money. A little bit that I’ve found out about Tama’s – they were only built for about 8-9 months back in 77-78 (or so) – that explains why there are not many around. Tama had a webpage on their site for their guitars but it’s no longer there (at least it wasn’t the last few times I checked a few years ago) They had a picture of a TG120 on the page but mine was slightly different and don’t know why. I have an abalone ‘T’ on the headstock instead of ‘Tama’ like the picture. That’s all I can remember right now. Looking forward to that tamaguitar site, Bill. Mike

Anonymous

Okay, I had to go to the corners of the Earth to find ’em but I’ve located and purchased (to replace my stolen) a model TG-80 from a guy in Maryland–absolutely mint condition. What a find! Funny though, I didn’t find the model I was really looking for until after I had pried a 3571 from a guy in Colorado and sent for two others (TG-160 and the Jacaranda model) all the way from Japan. I love them! They are just the most awesome guitars! All of you talk as though there is no way you’ll sell yours, so good luck to those looking for one. I bought the only four available on the planet! ‘Thinking about setting up a site at tamaguitars.com to exchange info… Please write me at [email protected] for Tama guitar info –Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a Tama Guitar, model # 3560 bought in the mid ’70s new. Spent a good many years in the case. All original solid blond w/ inlay on all edges. Gold tuning pegs. Still all original and in perfect condition withoriginal paper work. Now playing it again. Sounds better with age. Probably would not sell. Nice to see a few people that love their Tama, too.

Anonymous

I’ve been wondering for so long why no one ever talked about Tama guitars, thus figured that they were rare. I have had mine for 20 years now, bought it for $150, its the 3553 model. I absolutely love it and too, could never part with it.

Anonymous

It would be interesting to know how many of these Tama guitars were actually produced. I would guess the number is small because I rarely see them for sale or in guitar books. Any strange stories about your guitar? Mine actually served as a life raft once for me (for only a few minutes) when our boat capsized in a freak Arizona monsoon storm. The inside of the case got a little wet and damaged, but the guitar showed no signs of damage and to this day has never needed adjustment of any kind. After that and all the good years of playing there is no way I could sell it. later, Dave

Anonymous

I have a Tama 3555 that I’ve owned since 1980 and it just gets better with time. I purchased it in a pawnshop for $175. I’ve played Martins that cost over $2,000, but I don’t think they sound as good as mine does. I’m glad to see some information on Tama. There doesn’t appear to be to many of us out here. Take Care, Alan

Anonymous

I have a model 3563. You can see this type at : http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3563.html It is an absolutely beautiful guitar that used to be owned by my father-in-law, who gave it to me as a present. He’s had it since new in 1978. Great to see some info on these guitars. Cheers

Anonymous

: That is a nice guitar! The neck inlay work is awesome. Mine is similar, but with fewer inlays. Later, Dave : I have a model 3563. You can see this type at : : http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3563.html : It is an absolutely beautiful guitar that used to be owned by my father-in-law, who gave it to me as a present. He’s had it since new in 1978. : Great to see some info on these guitars. : Cheers

Anonymous

I am fascinated by the feedback on Tama guitars I too have a Tama (TM 010 on the label) that I got as a swap when I sold all my electric guitars in 1980. The shop didn,y have enough cash in their till and offered me the pick of their stock in part exchange. As was giving up gigging I chose this acoustic as the best guitar there – the Gibsons and Martins on display didn’t come close for sound. In the past twenty years she has mellowed and got so much better that I am afraid I don’t know what I’ll do to replace it if ever gets damaged or falls apart! This guitar has solid rosewood back and sides, a single piece mahogany neck, a bound ebony fingerboard, an ebony bridge and a mellowed old spruce top – superb!. (The guitars I traded for it were a solid Mosrite, a semi Mosrite and a Framus Nashville bass – all really superb instruments!)

Anonymous

Could you tell me what bridge pins fit this model of Tama guitar model TW 010?

Anonymous

I also have a Tama guitar and am interested in talking with others who own one. Mine looks like a D-45 copy, model number 3566 I think. Looks just like the guitar pictured at http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3566.html. Anyone else interested in talking about these guitars? I have owned a lot of vintage and nice guitars (Fenders, Gibsons, PRS, etc), but I am finding that this TAMA is probably the rarest of the bunch. Very difficult to find much of anything about them. later on, Dave : I am fascinated by the feedback on Tama guitars : I too have a Tama (TM 010 on the label) that I got as a swap when I sold all my electric guitars in 1980. The shop didn,y have enough cash in their till and offered me the pick of their stock in part exchange. As was giving up gigging I chose this acoustic as the best guitar there – the Gibsons and Martins on display didn’t come close for sound. In the past twenty years she has mellowed and got so much better that I am afraid I don’t know what I’ll do to replace it if ever gets damaged or falls apart! This guitar has solid rosewood back and sides, a single piece mahogany neck, a bound ebony fingerboard, an ebony bridge and a mellowed old spruce top – superb!. : (The guitars I traded for it were a solid Mosrite, a semi Mosrite and a Framus Nashville bass – all really superb instruments!)

Anonymous

I bought my TAMA 3566 brand new in 1977 for $750. I LOVE IT. The sound is as rich and true as any I’ve heard. I’ve had new frets and installed a compensated saddle,and a Fishman Natural pickup. However, I don’t believe I could ever part with it.

Anonymous

: I also have a Tama guitar and am interested in talking with others who own one. Mine looks like a D-45 copy, model number 3566 I think. Looks just like the guitar pictured at http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3566.html. Anyone else interested in talking about these guitars? I have owned a lot of vintage and nice guitars (Fenders, Gibsons, PRS, etc), but I am finding that this TAMA is probably the rarest of the bunch. Very difficult to find much of anything about them. later on, Dave : : I am fascinated by the feedback on Tama guitars : : I too have a Tama (TM 010 on the label) that I got as a swap when I sold all my electric guitars in 1980. The shop didn,y have enough cash in their till and offered me the pick of their stock in part exchange. As was giving up gigging I chose this acoustic as the best guitar there – the Gibsons and Martins on display didn’t come close for sound. In the past twenty years she has mellowed and got so much better that I am afraid I don’t know what I’ll do to replace it if ever gets damaged or falls apart! This guitar has solid rosewood back and sides, a single piece mahogany neck, a bound ebony fingerboard, an ebony bridge and a mellowed old spruce top – superb!. : : (The guitars I traded for it were a solid Mosrite, a semi Mosrite and a Framus Nashville bass – all really superb instruments!) I bought my TAMA 3566 brand new in 1977 for $750. I LOVE IT. The sound is as rich and true as any I’ve heard. I’ve had new frets and installed a compensated saddle,and a Fishman Natural pickup. However, I don’t believe I could ever part with it.

Anonymous

Go to http://www.nearnewwilldo.com : : I also have a Tama guitar and am interested in talking with others who own one. Mine looks like a D-45 copy, model number 3566 I think. Looks just like the guitar pictured at http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3566.html. Anyone else interested in talking about these guitars? I have owned a lot of vintage and nice guitars (Fenders, Gibsons, PRS, etc), but I am finding that this TAMA is probably the rarest of the bunch. Very difficult to find much of anything about them. later on, Dave : : : I am fascinated by the feedback on Tama guitars : : : I too have a Tama (TM 010 on the label) that I got as a swap when I sold all my electric guitars in 1980. The shop didn,y have enough cash in their till and offered me the pick of their stock in part exchange. As was giving up gigging I chose this acoustic as the best guitar there – the Gibsons and Martins on display didn’t come close for sound. In the past twenty years she has mellowed and got so much better that I am afraid I don’t know what I’ll do to replace it if ever gets damaged or falls apart! This guitar has solid rosewood back and sides, a single piece mahogany neck, a bound ebony fingerboard, an ebony bridge and a mellowed old spruce top – superb!. : : : (The guitars I traded for it were a solid Mosrite, a semi Mosrite and a Framus Nashville bass – all really superb instruments!) : : I bought my TAMA 3566 brand new in 1977 for $750. I LOVE IT. The sound is as rich and true as any I’ve heard. I’ve had new frets and installed a compensated saddle,and a Fishman Natural pickup. However, I don’t believe I could ever part with it.

Anonymous

The guitar currently being auctioned on eBay looks to be modified with a Gibson Hummingbird knockoff pickguard, poorly installed – too bad (note that they are not level in the pictures and the previous work around the sound hole is visible through the pick guard). I own a TG 190 purchased around 1977. Have never seen another. Unbelievable guitar that I will part with, reluctantly, when I die. But not before. You can see it at http://www.ofmyvoice.com – visit the guitar gallery.

Anonymous

I have a Tama model 3570. I purchased this guitar new in the 70’s and have not used it for many years. Great condition. A photo of this model can be viewed at… http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3570.html

Anonymous

I have a friend who has TAMA Guitar made of Brazilian Rosewood, I’m pretty sure it’s 20 or more years old, he was thinking it would or should be worth about a grand. If you can give me any suggestions I appreciate I will get more info as to year etc. and e-mail you again. Thanks Kim

Anonymous

I have a Tama TW-09, bought it new about 1979. It is solid wood and has mellowed wonderfully. Would not part with mine either.

Anonymous

have an older tama tk-50 in very good shape with original hard shell case

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.