Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics GUITAR RIGS

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

LOOKING FOR WEBSITES ABOUT RIG SET UPS AS FAR AS RUNNING EFX THROUGH AMPS LIKE MESA TRIPLE’S AND 5150’S ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!! NEED HELP BADLY++LOOKING FOR TONES LIKE ZAKK AND GEORGE =-==WITH MODERN EFX W/MODILATION, DIST , PHASE,FLANGE, WAH , COMP, STEREO CHORUS ETC… THANKS GUYS ===NEED HELP!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I’ve been using 2 and or 3 amps at the same time for years.
      Big fan of a Bradshaw Switching System.
      I mostly use high studio effects like,
      Eventide, TC Electronics, Lexicon, Etc.
      Important, TONE COMES FIRST, I own just
      2 of every 50 – 100 watts amps that’s really
      worth having. The more distortion, the thinner
      the tone. Boosting an amazing amp with a clean
      Boost or a slightly dirty boost is usually
      Sweet. This is just an opinion. MINE.
      I live in Nashville and have lived in 12 different
      States. Loved them all. Being lucky enough
      to have played with and aroun all these
      amazing musicians. I’ve learned a few things.
      Be positive about other people’s talent.
      Praise and encourage them and mean it.
      Don’t miandore around with your craft.
      Dig in, pour out your soul 24/7 and make
      Every note sound like a million bucks.
      Remember, the greatest songs of all time
      are slow. Lol
      GUITAR – G2 Gig Rig, Output 1 & 2 to
      Carvin Legacy, Bogner XTC, send loop
      AXE FX 2, 2 4×12 Legacy Cabs, Direct signal
      To palmer simulator for PA.
      Multiple pedal effects change from time to time
      Consisting of 10 different stomp boxes.

Anonymous

HARRY BRETT, FIRST YOUR KNOW HOW ON RIGS IS RIGHT ON . FURTHER MORE WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM YOU IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD. THANKS JIM

Anonymous

Thanks bro

Anonymous

I had been running my Les Paul Standard through a Boss GT-6 (a big digital effects pedal) into my Mesa tripple rec. I wasn’t even using the effects really. Just the tuner and a few individual effects ie chorus, phaser,..I knew it wasn’t the best thing for my sound but didn’t know how much it was killing it untill I kept it simple and bought a Maxon vintage series phaser, Maxon 9 series Chorus, Furman pedal board (to keep it organized), and strobotuner. When I went analogue it sounded as if I had injected my rig with two bull testicles. Digital cuts your original signal in half and leaves you disappointed.

Anonymous

: LOOKING FOR WEBSITES ABOUT RIG SET UPS AS FAR AS RUNNING EFX THROUGH AMPS LIKE MESA TRIPLE’S AND 5150’S ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!! NEED HELP BADLY++LOOKING FOR TONES LIKE ZAKK AND GEORGE =-==WITH MODERN EFX W/MODILATION, DIST , PHASE,FLANGE, WAH , COMP, STEREO CHORUS ETC… THANKS GUYS ===NEED HELP!!! Hello, the best way to run effects on a guitar rig is to get a line mixer from Bob Bradshaw. It’s the only way to keep things from turning into caos. I use the same thing as Steve Vai does and without the Bradshaw unit it would be impossible. You need a RS10 & the line mixer. Call him, Custom Audio Electronis. Tell Harry Brett sent you.

Anonymous

hey guys, i am looking for websites that show alot of guitar players rigs. like rock stars and what not, i found guitar geeks dot com and it was ok, but i want something that goes more in depth, with any information email me or repley back on the forum, thanks alot.

Anonymous

: LOOKING FOR WEBSITES ABOUT RIG SET UPS AS FAR AS RUNNING EFX THROUGH AMPS LIKE MESA TRIPLE’S AND 5150’S ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!! NEED HELP BADLY++LOOKING FOR TONES LIKE ZAKK AND GEORGE =-==WITH MODERN EFX W/MODILATION, DIST , PHASE,FLANGE, WAH , COMP, STEREO CHORUS ETC… THANKS GUYS ===NEED HELP!!! GO TO http://WWW.GUITARGEEK.COM IT HAS A LOT OF RIG SETUP’S HOPE IT’S WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BYE FOR NOW!! REPLY BACK IF YOU WANT TO SEE YA LATER OCTOBER 24, 2003 ANDREW

Anonymous

Hey I don’t know for sure but try guitargeek.com they’ve got all sorts of shiznit! Hey by the way the reason I amresponding to your post is because I’m looking for an answer to My question and thought you could possibly answer it do to the content of your post. Anyway without further adue : Do I need a patchbay to run multiple rackmount devicesz? For ex.conditioner,tuner,effects,etc. ? Any help would be great. LOOKING FOR WEBSITES ABOUT RIG SET UPS AS FAR AS RUNNING EFX THROUGH AMPS LIKE MESA TRIPLE’S AND 5150’S ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!! NEED HELP BADLY++LOOKING FOR TONES LIKE ZAKK AND GEORGE =-==WITH MODERN EFX W/MODILATION, DIST , PHASE,FLANGE, WAH , COMP, STEREO CHORUS ETC… THANKS GUYS ===NEED HELP!!!

Anonymous

Zakk Wylde has a diagram on his website. Worth reading through the whole thing.

Anonymous

:Hey, I`m from India, and play in a rock band called the Galeej Gurus. I`ve been playing on effects processors for most of my electric playing career, and think it`s probably way past time that I switch to a professional rig. I`ve got me a Marshall (the new MG series – although it`s only a 50), a Strat, and a DOD Grunge unit.I need some effects to smoothen out my sound though, and since everybody here plays either straight through a clean amp, or with processors, that kind of info is pretty hard to come by. I`d really appreciate it if you could keep me posted on any info that you come across. My email id`s probably attached to this message, but I`ll paste it over here anyway -it`s [email protected]. I`ll try to keep checking on this page, and will certainly check out Zakk Wylde`s site. Cheers!!

Anonymous

stay away from dod and digitech. if you really want to smooth things out, try compression. I sometimes use a Maxthon pedal. You get what you pay for. Try Rats and tube screamers for dist. Analog is always better than digital…..my opinion……. my rig: Les paul studio or ash Tele, Dual rect., Ibanez TS, Peterson tuner, Boss delay, boss tremelo, Maxthon comp., try softer tubes also, i use Ruby;s instead of Sovetec, that matters more than you think, later

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.