Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics morris guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Who can tell me anything about Morris guitars, especially steel string, model WJ 20S, no. 809213.

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Morris Model F-299 made in “ano 1973” an inspected by S. Nagao. I can’t find any info on this Model. Any know anything about it?

Anonymous

I picked up this guitar at an garage sale but don’t know its value nor can I find out anything about it. Made in Korea.

Anyone know anything about this guitar?

Anonymous

I’m in Japan and I just traded a couple Yamahas for a Morris MB-305-12. From looking through the old catalogs, I find that the MB series of 12 strings were produced from ’83 to maybe ’86. They disappear by the ’87 catalog. Anyway, this thang sure is sweet sounding and loud! Here’s a link to the old Morris catalogs: http://www.oldguitar.jp/catalog/morris.htm

Anonymous

I have a Morris guitar Model A-6 signed S. Haratos. Would anyone know what the value is? It looks older, but in excellent condition.

Anonymous

I have a SG Morris excellent condition for age Serial number 75713 not sure of Year and value anyone have info on this guitar I would appreciate your help
      Regards

Anonymous

I got one, it’s really nice.
      Perfect conditions, in the box since 1999.
      Write me if you are interested

Anonymous

hi,would you still have the guitar? and can you post some picks? thank you in advance

Anonymous

I’m hoping someone can give me more info in my Morris guitar MV-701, Inspected by S. Hokani:
      Approx year manufacture
      Quality
      Best sort of music would suit
      Current price
      Thanks heaps as I’ve just started playing again after 35 years

Anonymous

This guitar was purchased used for me in about 1974. Serial no. 1912, and an additional stamped #101005. I would like to know anything there is to know and am looking for a valuation. Thank you.

Anonymous

I have the same guitar that I bought new in I believe 1971 or 72. Please let me know if you find anything out about them.

Anonymous

I have this guitar as well. Please forward any information you find on this guitar. I would love to find out all I can about it.

Anonymous

I believe I have the oldest Morris 335 in existence… it’s a 1968 and a 6 digit serial number. I just bought it off Reverb… it’s a blonde guitar with a set neck and a whammy bar… An exact replica. Maybe this guitar is one of the first to start the copy and lawsuit era of Gibson’s?

Anonymous

A Morris Classical guitar model MC101 has come my way to sell for charity. The owner is a well known musician but guitar not signed. Does anyone know anything about this model and how much it is worth today?

Any help appreciated.

Anonymous

I’ve just bought a Morris tf40 lovely tone low action a joy to play the problem is can’t find any serial numbers on her just wanting to know what year it was manufactured the guy in the shop where I bought it from says early seventies can’t find any information anywhere

Anonymous

I have a Morris A-16 Acoustic guitar. It was given to me in the late 70’s……I would like to find out as much information about it I can. It has the Yoshino Ltd. mark
      Thanks.

Anonymous

I have aquired an electric acoustic with an inlay “Morris” name on the Head, and a label inside the body that says ‘Career’, as well as a – Model BEA N10. This guitar is in reasonably good shape, looks to me like it is from the 70s. Came with a faux leather soft case.
      I cannot find anything about this guitar. It has a tobacco starburst finish and an equalizer, volume controls and a battery on the body.
      Any help identifying manufacturer / value, would help.

Anonymous

I have had a Moridaira b702 12 string for 40 years, its in absolutely wonderful playing condition. I have used it live for many years and its better now than when I bought it.
      Does anyone have any info on this guitar?

Martin.

Anonymous

I’ve had a Moridaira WJ-20S steel strung jumbo guitar since new in 1977 . Its by far best guitar I’ve played and has certainly improved with age ,only problem is that I can’t find any info on it apart from seeing that other owners share the same problem !!!
      It would be really appreciated if anyone could help.

Anonymous

Anyone know anything about this model?
      I bought second hand in tokyo around 1990.
      merry xmas.

Anonymous

My father has a morris MW 10, and I cannot find any information regarding it on the internet. It doesn’t seem to be listed in any catalogues etc. It looks similar to the W-20, but has an adjustable bridge. It also says that it is made in Korea. Is anyone able to provide any more information on this?

Anonymous

I just picked one up for 15 bucks. It’s a 12 string. Can’t hardly find any info on them. The logo on the head stock runs down the headstock like the old martins did.

Anonymous

I have Morris model f14 any one got some info??

Anonymous

I have a morris guitar. Im wondering if you can tell me what its worth. I has a piece on the front that says yoshino. model number is A-14 and signed S. Harata

Anonymous

anyone can help me value this guitar?…I had this guitar since 1976 and been with me since…Thinking of selling it.
      Appreciate your advice.
      Thank you

Anonymous

Just bought one from a dealer in Japan. Everly Bros. model with the early 70’s “My Girl” Gibson pick guards. Have checked the catelogs on the oldguitar website and they list WJ 30’s and 50’s with the similar pick guard design from the late 70’s and early 80’s. Can’t find the WJ 25 (though there is one being strummed on Youtube). Any info would be nice.

Thanks.

Bill

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I have Morris MV 701 guitar which I bought from an used Japanese product dealer with the hard casing and in good condition. It has a sticker that says Tabo’s Project on top side of the box. I am curious to check if this is an actual guitar which was used by the band Tabo’s project from Japan (as per my knowledge that is a band from Japan in the 70’s). Can anyone please enlighten me?

Cheers.

Ladd

Anonymous

I have played guitar for many years….all types of acoustics from Martins to Yamahas ….including owning a few Morris acoustics…..and other Martin copies.
      Both Older Yamahas and Morris are great buys for the money (200-400 bucks or so for many models) . I know this is a gross over simplification….but I would add that the specific guitar …not necessarily the model is just as important in how the guitar sounds. For example I own both red label Yamahas as well as green labels also made in Japan and the later (less expensive) ones made in Taiwan. And the sound for me comes down more to the particular guitar. They are all relatively ‘vintage’ with that aged mellow tone….and the soundboards of some – although laminate were made of layered spruce for strength ….for shipping purposes …..not like today’s laminates….that will never sound any better. So essentially 1 piece of ‘sound wood’ was cut and cross layered ….and so it did age as well as the solid tops of that era…maybe some better! Now in more recent years I came across Morris guitars and I own an f-18 and a couple of W-30 and 40’s My favorite is the smaller 18. It just sounds better with the most even tone, punchiest bass and great sustain. I paid about 125 bucks for it ….and liked it so much I found another …and paid 300 for it …..and it is not quite as good …go figure!!!

Bottom line …It is hard and chancy to buy a guitar online ……although you can get a great deal…..Also ‘sound’ is also very dependent on your playing style. Some guitar stores sell good vintage guitars …and if you have a large selection ..i.e. live near a arge city ….it is probably best to pay a few more bucks for a guitar you can hear first.

Also some of the older vintage guitars….Yamaha and Morris both as well as others….have very high action ….sometimes an expensive issue to repair……Hope some found this useful!!
      Good luck and keep playing … Isaac

Anonymous

Hi,
      does anyone know something about Morris B-702 12 strings guitar? The serial number is 819984. I did not find anything about it. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous

Ran across this Morris A-6 guitar it is in excellent shape…can any tell me anything about it? it appears to be an older model.

Anonymous

I have a Morris FY-503, has anyone ever heard about this model. I found it in an old house

Anonymous

I have a Morris FY-503 from 1972 too. Have any information about it? I can’t find it anywhere online.

Anonymous

Anyone got any info on a Morris MG26, its a classic nylon, with solid top and bottom. Has Made in Japan sticker on the back of the headstock also Serial number 835678.

Anonymous

I have just inherited a MG26 from my brother who passed away, Its Serial Number is 852554.

Stamped inside on the base of the neck is “062501” which I am guessing is 25 June 2001 build date.

I know nothing else about it. I’m an Aussie but my brother was in Boston from 2001 – 2006, so I’m guessing he bought it there.

It plays nicely. I’ve never had a quality classical guitar before, just cheap ones. This one far exceed anything I have ever played and I would never part with it.

Anonymous

I know exactly what you mean….
          I have a spruce-top MG-23…
          Stunning instrument

Equal in build to really high-end guitars…
          Check the “Inspected By” signature…
          A number of them were signed by Matsuoko….possibly before he started his own brand..
          Priceless

Anonymous

I bought my Morris W-840 in 1983 in Sydney Australia for around $A360 new. At the time I knew zip about tonewoods and guitar history & design. All I knew was that I loved the tone: deep, resonant lows, rich, warm mids, and sweet, shimmering highs. So I played it for 5 years or so before drifting into Telecasters, then recently dug it out again after reading “Clapton’s Guitar” by Allen St John. Lovely, lovely instrument. Very like a Martin dreadnought in looks and design. Looks like a bookmatched close-grained spruce top, brazilian rosewood sides, 3-piece rosewood/maple/rosewood back, ivoroid binding on sides & neck. Even with the old strings, the tone is rich & glorious. Here’s me thinking, “Wow! What have I got here?!” I’ve tried contacting Morris / Moridaira guitars on their US website for info about the W-840’s background, but haven’t had a reply.

Anonymous

Was given a Morris Guitar from a friend. Model No. F-12 inspected by T. Okabe, doesn’t have a year on it. Would like to know an around about year it was made and just some history on it if anyone has some. Thank you

Anonymous

Anyone know its value? Purchased my Morris standard guitar on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles circa 1972-1974. It is in excellent condition and as someone above mentioned it does hold its tune for months/years. Used very seldom. Made by Terrada Gakki Mftg. Co. in Nagoya, seen on the inside. I suppose that is a Japanese maker. Has a signature of Yamada as inspected by.

Anonymous

I own a Morris WT-19 (N°829941) bought around 1980
      http://www.oldguitar.jp/catalog/morris.htm

Anonymous

Hi, anybody here knows the age of my acoustic guitar Morris WE1080. I bought it almost 10yrs ago 2nd hand.

Gene

Anonymous

I have a black Morris Custom Les Paul style guitar and i can not seem to find any info on this guitar. I have seen from other pictures that it appears to be early to mid 70s make.. Does anyone have a clue what this guitar could be worth?

Anonymous

May i know the manufacturing dates for Morris A-10 and Morris M1501?

Anonymous

Just trying to find info on my recent Morris guitar and ran into your question, if you still care or have the A-10 I have a copy of the Morris Catalog dated June 1970. It is a Catalog published by The Philadelphia Music Co., inc. Per the catalog they were the exclusive National Wholesale Distributor of Morris products. It was listed at the whole sale price of $99.95 or about $661 in 2019 dollars. If you add 100% mark up at the retail leve it was a $1,200 guitar in today’s dollars. It was described in summary as: “This instrument has stunning beauty and performance! The sides and back are of choice rosewood; The headplate is rosewood and inlaid with mother of pearl. The body is extra deep for booming bass and pure treble tones. Slim, fast action neck with adjustable rod. Choice spruce top and mahogany neck. deluxe binding around soundhole and edges. Unsurpassed for the guitarist demanding tone and beauty.” It was listed as a Morris Country and Western Guitar. It was the top of the line in that year and in that catagory–at least in the USA. Hope you till have it or sold it for a nice sum. I’ve been looking for this guitar and they seemed to disappeared from the face of the earth. Probably sold only that year with that model number. This was just three years after Morris guitars began production.

Anonymous

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a Morris W – 801.
      I have found this Morris site http://morris-guitars.com/
      They have all the new stuff on site and a good bit of the guitars history but nothing on the 801.
      Can anyone help?

There is a fan page on facebook…. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morris-Guitar-Fan-Page/197384863694528?fref=ts

Heaps of people just like the rest of us trying to find info and sharing even more old info.

Hilton

Anonymous

does any one know what type of woods are used in a morris g203 classical thankl you

Anonymous
      Anonymous

like to know what is the cost of a md500 morris guitar

Anonymous

Howdy.
        I purchased mine in 1979 for $125.00 and the counter guy thru in a hard case for free.
        It has a spruce top and mahogany sides, back and steel strings ,it was manufactured in Korea and it still is in very good condition .
        I have never adjusted the truss rod , tuning heads still work ,holds a tune for months and months .
        No splits , No glue letting go , the finish is still very good .
        The action was very high ,I lowered it and playability is much better .
        I happy with my inexpensive Morris.
        DCA

Anonymous

Anyone know about this one? It’s beautiful and has beautiful tone. It needs a new string, and I am wondering if I need to stick with nylon?

Anonymous

I recently had a morris model pa50 nat given to me, a steel string acoustic with a cutaway and pickups. The neck is similar to an electric. This guitar plaus and sounds amazing. I still haven’t tested the pickups. It seems there is info on many morris models but I have found nothing on this one. I reallly Really would like an estimate on its value or any other informatipn about it. Please please please if anyone knows email me

Anonymous
        Anonymous

we have one too and can’t find out a thing. I bought this for my hubby years ago from a warehouse that distributed all kinds of instruments and the only reason they sold it to me was I begged & worked next door and promised not to tell anyone as they were not supposed to deal with the public. It came in a cardboard box. We were told it was a Fender copy. If anyone knows anything please let us know too. 🙂 Thanks.

Anonymous

I just purchased a classical guitar by Morris it’s an M50. I contacted the company and was told it was built circa 1975 spruce top and rosewood sides and back. It is a beautiful sounding instrument. It was in near perfect condition too, just one scuff the size of a dime on it’s side. I paid $60 for it. Score in my opinion.

Anonymous

Here’s my email [email protected]. I’m the a-18D guy.

Anonymous

I have a 1970 Morris 12 string guitar. I’m confused by the model and serial # there are 2. B-18 Ser#
        220605 Luther. S. Harata. The second is
        A-20 Ser# 2198 dated 1970. I would appreciate any info you could give me. Trying to find its value.

Anonymous

I have a Morris a-18d signed by A Harats or Haruts. Serial #300905. Please email me. It was my departed fathers so it’s not for sale. I just want to k ow its value and more about it. Thanx in advance

Anonymous

I have a Martin look-alike Morris W609TM, Serial No. 82106 and I bought it in 1985 in Europe, used, for $500 (US). I haven’t found anything about this model anywhere on the Internet, so if someone has some info to share, I would really like to hear it. All I could find was that Morris guitars are very highly rated with acoustic guitar players all over the world and they were selling them in US up until 1980. Recently (in the past year, they have introduced a new line of acoustic/electric and classical guitars and there are approx. 20 dealers of these new Morris guitars in the US today. Their web-site is http://www.morrisguitars.com/ but there’s nothing on the history of Morris guitars and no words about the models before this new "S" line. Of course, there’s nothing about their line of electric guitars. But, maybe they are owned by a bigger company (Moridaira) now, so there’s nothing on past history. I’ll try to find out more by writing to them. I’ve been playing for over 30 years, 15 professionaly, and have owned and played just about any guitar out there on the market, but none of them have the sound (playing live or recording in studio) and the personality like this Morris. In so many words, this model is the best sounding instrument I’ve ever owned.

Anonymous

:I have a Morris W613 ac.guitar, sound is superb, age : about 22-23 years

Anonymous

hi. my dad sent me a Morris acoustic guitar from japan and i wanted to put new strings on it. can anyone recommend me what strings i should get? i dont know the model though. ill try do a search on it first.

Anonymous

I have a Morris MF-600 F style mandolin, made in the 80’s. Anyone know anything about these? feel free to email. Thanks, Neal

Anonymous

: I have a Morris MF-600 F style mandolin, made in the 80’s. Anyone know anything about these? feel free to email. : Thanks, : Neal Howard Morris hand makes mandolins in the northwestern US and they are damn good mandos for the price i suggest going to http://www.mandolincafe.com its were all we mando player hang peace and love brotha Steve

Anonymous

: I hava a MORRIS (Acostic)would you tell me about the value and price, model W20

Anonymous

: : I hava a Morris guitar # M-18 classical 1976 could you give me some idea of its value thanks

Anonymous

: hi, i recently bought a old jazz bass by Morris made in japan. it’s very 70s looking as it came with the vintage pickup shells. just that the the neck is as fat as a precisiion bass which most jazz bass are slim. But the sound is as good as my fender jazz. ANYONE LOOK ABOUT MORRIS BASS as i couldn’t trace anything online. greatly appreciate from Singapore.

Anonymous

I`ve had a Morris for about 13 years and have tried and owned all sorts of guitars. This one is a Model 335 but with gentle and softer neck. Very much a custom in between a 335 look with an Ibanez/PRS neck. Something odd but unique. Have had and tried several 335 Gibson but one would give the soft feeling this Morris has. Actually also have a Gibson Tal Farlow. Don´t fall in the marketing trap. If you feel she`s the one for you, follow your instinct.

Anonymous

I need info on the Morris guitar line, im not sure what model i have but its a full bodied electric…any clues?

Anonymous

I have a Morris MB-305-12 and also cannot find anything about it on the net??? Help?

Anonymous

Anybody know anything about my Morris W-25. It seems very old…

Anonymous

I was dong a search for info on my Morris and came across this message board. I’ve got a Morris Les Paul copy guitar that my dad bought at a guitar store for 75 bucks around 14 years ago and gave it to me when I started playing 8 years ago. As far as I’m concerned the quality and sound of this guitar is better than any 1500 Gibson Les Paul out there.

Anonymous

: Who can tell me anything about Morris guitars, especially steel string, tf-810 rose wood back and sides retail 600.00$$$ in 1982

Anonymous

: Who can tell me anything about Morris guitars, especially steel string Model M-300 LHNAT #o1020899

Anonymous

I know about the company and about their higher end fingerstyle guitars (S-series). Their S series guitars are all made in Japan and are of high quality. What would you like to know? I can try and find out for you. They will be having an English website soon. Right now, it’s all in Japanese so of no help to most of us.

Anonymous

Morris guitars are made near Nagagno Japan. They are one of the most popular guitars in Japan. A lot of the other manufacturers have moved production to Korea or Southeast Asia but Morris is still made in Japan. I find them to have a little more personality and detail compared to comparably priced Yamaha and similar guitars.

Anonymous

: Morris guitars are made near Nagagno Japan. They are one of the most popular guitars in Japan. A lot of the other manufacturers have moved production to Korea or Southeast Asia but Morris is still made in Japan. I find them to have a little more personality and detail compared to comparably priced Yamaha and similar guitars.

Anonymous

: : Morris guitars are made near Nagagno Japan. They are one of the most popular guitars in Japan. A lot of the other manufacturers have moved production to Korea or Southeast Asia but Morris is still made in Japan. I find them to have a little more personality and detail compared to comparably priced Yamaha and similar guitars.

Anonymous

I have a classical morris g205 i got off ebay real cheap taking a chance.This guitar was the buy of a lifetime,its laminated rosewood with i believe a solid spruce top.It was made in 1976 the label also says IIDA musical inst. co. and signed by someone.I have had a bunch of other cheap classical a played some much more expensive ones also and this one stands out.I not an expert but this guitar soars with incredible tone and sustain.Anyone else out there have a morris classical?

Anonymous

I have the Morris G205 circa 1976 also.

Anonymous

Hi ! Just wanted to let you know, that I have exactly the same problem. I got a WJ 20S S.Nr.808446 and can’t find anything about the guitar. Maybe we can stay in touch if we find any information. Bye, uli

Anonymous

Hello, my kids found an old morris guitar, and I cant seem to find anything about it either. Please let me know if there is a site about this product! Thanks (in advance) —Chris

Anonymous

: Who can tell me anything about Morris guitars, especially steel string, model WJ 20S, no. 809213.

Anonymous

I have a PA-65…I know absolutely nothing at all about it. All I know is that the sound quility is superb, and it has one of the best necks I have ever used.

Anonymous

I have a Morris that I bought in Sydney Australia in 1977. The only number I can find is W645. It has a three piece back with some nice abalone trim. Nice ivory style dots in the string pegs. As a friend said "It’s no longer a tree".. It sings. Really good for the big strum thing. I’ve had a passive pickup slotted into the bridge, put some slightly heavier strings and it now gets some bottle neck workouts. Last time I saw any thing by this people was at a music show in London circa 1995 for nearly a £1000. I’m amazed that I haven’t seen more as it’s nicely built, looks like a Martin D whatever (dreadnought stylee) and sounds great. Max

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.