Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Martin D-28 ,1978

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I need to know the value of a Martin D-28. serial #409032. I looked up the serial # at the Martin site, and it was built in early 1978. It sounds and plays great, but has some chips and dings, but nothing to bother the integrity of the guitar. I would appreciate any input on the fair market value of this guitar.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Martin D28-12 and after much research on the internet with prices varying anywhere from $2495 to $7000 (for an old beat up one) I called Martin. They told me mine, which is in excellent condition but for one edge of the pick guard starting to peel up, which they told me is “pretty normal” and cheap to replace but someone on another site said best not to if you want to retain the value of the “vintage” guitar, was worth about $2,000. This confused me since I’ve been told, and also read online, that the “vintage” guitars are worth more than the new ones. Either way, I can’t see your guitar being worth only “$1200 or so.” That to me sounds REALLY LOW!!! Do what I did and try calling Martin. They’re very helpful. Phone is (888) 433-9177. Hope this helps you.

I just check Martin’s site for value of Vintage D28 and according to their site (they had 15) the price range was from $2359 to $6,799 depending upon series, etc.

I sure hope you haven’t sold that baby based on that $1200 guess!

Best of luck.

Anonymous

You see prices for these all over the place. Up to $2500. But I wouldn’t think anyone would actually pay that much. A pretty fair price for one in good condition would be closer to $1200 or so. Check ebay for completed auctions on similar guitars and that’s give you a good idea what people are paying on the open market.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.