Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics mixing pickups

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Howdy. this may sound stupid to those how actually know stuff about guitars but is it possible to have 2 different brands of pickups for the neck and bridge. ok. Obviously you can do it but Im wondering what the sound would be like. Surely it wouldnt really matter if i switched to playing purely on either the top or bottom pickup but using both might do something weird. Im after an Ibanez s-7420 with the Ibanez brand V something 7 string pickups right. This guitar will cost me an arm and a leg. It is a BEAUTIFUL guitar but the pickups are a bit cold for what Im after. I need more bite. EMG 707 would give that bite but will cst a lot more. So yeah, can i buy one?

cheers for your advice

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Howdy. this may sound stupid to those how actually know stuff about guitars but is it possible to have 2 different brands of pickups for the neck and bridge. ok. Obviously you can do it but Im wondering what the sound would be like. Surely it wouldnt really matter if i switched to playing purely on either the top or bottom pickup but using both might do something weird. Im after an Ibanez s-7420 with the Ibanez brand V something 7 string pickups right. This guitar will cost me an arm and a leg. It is a BEAUTIFUL guitar but the pickups are a bit cold for what Im after. I need more bite. EMG 707 would give that bite but will cst a lot more. So yeah, can i buy one? : cheers for your advice HI Shaun This problem has come up in the guitars i build heres how to solve it. When a customer wants two kinds of pickups i wire the guitar with know switch to change pickup selection so if you want the front pickup only you turn the volume down on the bridge pickup,if you want the bridge only turn the front one off.The nice thing is when you want both you have complete tone and volume control then i take the switch that normaly is used two change pickups and use to split the coil of one of the two pickups.Then i will do a couple of test to hear what sounds best.You will find a sound that works it takes a bit of time to get use to no switch between pickups but you will be glad you did some cool sounds to be had using coil taping without a ton of switches. e-mail if you want to get more info i dont do this wire config often .my next guitar that will be done the second week of jan has two picups with two volumes simply most guitar players always have there tone on ten.But the customer calls the shoots Bob http://www.tremontguitars.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.