Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics gretsch double anniversary neck reset

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just had my gretsch double anniversary which I purchased in 1968 when I was 12 reset however the neck does not come into contact with the face of the body of the guitar you can slide a thick piece of paper under it. The repair was allegedly done by an authorized technician … does this sound right to anyone???? I don’t remember how it originally was?? Thanks to anyone that can help!!!!! I haven’t picked it up yet as I wasn’t sure if the job was done right or not.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I just had my gretsch double anniversary which I purchased in 1968 when I was 12 reset however the neck does not come into contact with the face of the body of the guitar you can slide a thick piece of paper under it. The repair was allegedly done by an authorized technician … does this sound right to anyone???? I don’t remember how it originally was?? Thanks to anyone that can help!!!!! I haven’t picked it up yet as I wasn’t sure if the job was done right or not. Hi John This is not correct I have done many neck resets on old harmonys,gibsons ect.For starters moisture will get in the gap and curl back the bottom of the fret board.This will cause some buzzing or worse.They come glued down from factory so i always glued back down. Does the finger board look like it`s raised at the bottom of the finger board??If so you might want to call the repair man some people glue that part after the dove joint is dry and having a gap would give fall away.This is a slight down hill of the finger board snd frets starting at the 12 th fret or so . Just a slight fall away not a 1\8 of an inch. Good Luck Its a nice guitar Bob tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

: : I just had my gretsch double anniversary which I purchased in 1968 when I was 12 reset however the neck does not come into contact with the face of the body of the guitar you can slide a thick piece of paper under it. The repair was allegedly done by an authorized technician … does this sound right to anyone???? I don’t remember how it originally was?? Thanks to anyone that can help!!!!! I haven’t picked it up yet as I wasn’t sure if the job was done right or not. : Hi John : This is not correct I have done many neck resets on old harmonys,gibsons ect.For starters moisture will get in the gap and curl back the bottom of the fret board.This will cause some buzzing or worse.They come glued down from factory so i always glued back down. : Does the finger board look like it`s raised at the bottom of the finger board??If so you might want to call the repair man some people glue that part after the dove joint is dry and having a gap would give fall away.This is a slight down hill of the finger board snd frets starting at the 12 th fret or so . : Just a slight fall away not a 1\8 of an inch. : Good Luck Its a nice guitar : Bob : tremontguitars.com John; It is not right. Art Wiggs at Wings Guitars in San Jose Calif.has worked on my 62 Annie and knows what he is doing when it comes to Gretsch.Good Luck and enjoy your cool guitar. G.P.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.