Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics anybody know the maker?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

saw a nice guitar in thrift store. 6 string steel acoustic. only identifying mark was a stylized "K" on the neck and a label that said "model k410, made in Korea" any one know the maker? the stylized k looks kind of like a seagull with a line through it.That k on the head of the neck could be an A turned 90 degrees counter-clockwise and it’s not inscribed. it’s just a stick on label. Also it could have been model k415 or k416, my memory of it isn’t that clear. i can’t find anything about it on the web.it also has 2 seagulls on the brown plastic pickguard. thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : saw a nice guitar in thrift store. 6 string steel acoustic. only identifying mark was a stylized "K" on the neck and a label that said "model k410, made in Korea" any one know the maker? the stylized k looks kind of like a seagull with a line through it.That k on the head of the neck could be an A turned 90 degrees counter-clockwise and it’s not inscribed. it’s just a stick on label. Also it could have been model k415 or k416, my memory of it isn’t that clear. i can’t find anything about it on the web.it also has 2 seagulls on the brown plastic pickguard. thanks I’ve never seen one, but by your description I’d say there was at least a slight chance that it was a seagull. 🙂

Anonymous

thanks for responding. i’d say very slight. i was hoping it might be a cheap aria or a half decent kaye. i think it’s too cheaply made to be a seagull. but it’s got a real nice soundboard, real tight straight grain and good strong harmonics at 5, 7, and 12 and a good clear delicate sound. But they want 75 bucks for it and i can’t justify the expensive if it’s not worth a good bit more (just cause i’m too broke. it would be an inexcusable indulgence). yeah, i thought of seagull too but i don’t think so.) : I’ve never seen one, but by your description I’d say there was at least a slight chance that it was a seagull. 🙂

Anonymous

If its made in Korea, its not a seagull. they’re all made in canada. If the logo is a K it may be a Kay. They were made in korea and many of them have model numbers/serial numbers that start with K. Sound redundant? you’re right. Is it an archtop or flattop or electric?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.