Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics maxwin guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i picked up a maxwin acoustic, i’ve never seen or heard of them until now, the only thing i know is its made by pearl, does anyone know anything about them?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i have a Maxwin 200E acoustic guitar 6 string given to me by my mother. She told me she started playing this same guitar in 1969. She passed away 3 years ago. so my question is: for my curiosity; how much do you think it is worth. She took very good care of it and still in tune.

Anonymous

Well, without research I found a Maxwin acoustic at the Pawn Shop here in our little home town. I thought it suspicious that the little E string was missing. Had a cup’d neck (fairly bad) and I never plugged it in. But the truss rod was in tact and I made a very low offer. He took it, with an “Out the Door” agreement. I strung it up with a new set of strings only to find out the little E buzzed out bad. I did 3 1/2 turns on the rod and tapped down the 1’st fret, then filed it a little. IT SOUNDED GREAT….so then I plugged it in….only to realize there was a short. Soder took care of that, and it is a grinner. You can’t help but admire the mellow sound. The inintonation in Fine, and it sounds awesome. One of those nice surprises. Like above, I’d like to know a little more about the line. When it was in production and how much was it at the time.

Anonymous

Supposedly this company made bowlbacks in the 70s, but i’m not sure as Ovations were only just available then, so it’s more likely these were from the early to late 80s. From what i’ve read, they seem to be pretty good, so i guess if one is seen for a decent price, pick it up.

Anonymous

: i picked up a maxwin acoustic, i’ve never seen or heard of them until now, the only thing i know is its made by pearl, does anyone know anything about them? this comment just read my mind!

Anonymous

: : i picked up a maxwin acoustic, i’ve never seen or heard of them until now, the only thing i know is its made by pearl, does anyone know anything about them? : this comment just read my mind! Same thing…owned mine for about a year; bought it at a pawn shop. This thing plays beautifully, and I can’t find any info on it!

Anonymous

: they used to make drums alrite and they wernt half bad . they stopped makin them in the late 80s , and i bought this kit wit a hi hat tom snare and bass drum , i cnt be sure how many ppl owned it before me bt their still in gud shape , i have a proper pearl kit bt im still tryin to do the old 1 up bt its rock hard because pearl changed the gauge of most of the parts on their kits in the early 90s so ive bein forced to use clamps and start cutting metal to make things fit , well thats all i know other than they were pretty cheap

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.