Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Mexican Stratocaster Serial Numbers

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??)

If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful.

Related Item:
    electric guitars
    A Fender Stratocaster topped our list of the best Electric Guitars for under 00

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Ho guardato una serie di siti, ma non riesco a trovare un anno di fabbricazione per una Fender Stratocaster fatto in Messico con un numero di serie che inizia con MX12087302
      : Se potete dirmi un sito dove queste informazioni possono essere trovate sarei molto grato.

Anonymous

Can anyone price and date for me please…..

Anonymous

Serial: MZ7198363
      Please, information.
      I am going to buy this guitar…
      Thx

Anonymous

I have a Fender thin line guitar, SN, MN 9383530. can anybody tell me when it was made???

Anonymous

I just recieved a fender strat for christmas and I was hoping to find out the year. I’m not sure if I’m posting this correctly but I’ll give it a shot, my serial number is MZ40552200. tHANK YOU.

Anonymous

MZ is Mexico, first # after that is the year starting in 2000.
        So:
        MZ0xxxxx is Mexico 2000
        MZ1xxxxx is Mexico 2001
        MZ2xxx is Mexico 2002
        etc

Anonymous
      Anonymous

What about the rest of the numbers?

Anonymous

: I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with mn594406 If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful.

Anonymous

: I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with mn594406 (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful.

Anonymous

Okay, ik ga ze plaatsen op m’n web-log. 🙂 http://www.phind.net/

Anonymous

Serial: MN6230734 Please… information. OK Thx

Anonymous

: Serial: mn594406 : Please… information. : OK : Thx

Anonymous

Hey Yours is a cousin of mine, which is MN 6211077 Mex strat, circa ’96, arctic white, and quite sweet. Ended up in South Africa where i bought it.

Anonymous

My fender stratocaster70 : MN811939

Anonymous

RE: MN811939 The ‘N’ is for the 90’s (‘N’inety or ‘N’oventa in Spanish) and the ‘8’ is the year in that decade. So, ‘N8’ should mean ‘1998’. I have a question though: I just bought a Jimmie Vaughn strat with a "MSN6" serial. Does that mean "Signature series 1996"? If anyone knows, please tell me…Raul

Anonymous

What?, don’t they know who we are? http://findaudio.freewebpage.org/

Anonymous

TRY http://www.fender.com.es THERE’S A LINK WHERE U CAN FIND WHAT U’RE LOOKIN’ FOR…. BY THE WAY, I’VE GOT A MEXICAN STRAT AND THE SERIAL NUMBER STARTS WITH MZ2 AS WELL… THOSE GUITARS WITH MZ2 WERE BUILT AT FENDER PLANT IN ENSENADA BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO, IN THE YEARS 2003-2003. THERE’S NO MORE INFO AT THE LINK. LATERZ AMIGO!

Anonymous

i’d like some info about my mexican strat.serial number MN542464

Anonymous

: i’d like some info about my mexican strat.serial number MN9121958

Anonymous

i’d like some more info on my fender please. the serial number is MN412701

Anonymous

: i’d like some more info on my fender please. : the serial number is MSN 502006

Anonymous

: i’d like some more info on my fender please. : the serial number is MN5181989

Anonymous

i cant find the age of my mexican fender stratocaster and wondered if i could get some help? the serial number is MN2070694

Anonymous

To decrypt these infos from the serial number, it’s easy once you know the trick: yours starts with MN2: "M" is for Mexico (no surprise); "N" means it was made in the 1990s and "2" in the second year of that decade, that is 1992. For instance, 2003 Mexican Fenders have serial nums starting with MZ3 ("Z" for zero). That works with all Mexican Fenders as well as all US Fenders made after 1976. Here you are!

Anonymous

: I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful.

Anonymous

M stands for mexico; Z stands for zero, it indicates the guitar was made in the 2000s. To get the date the guitar was made you need the number that follows the "Z", for instance if it is MZ0 the guitar was made in 2000, MZ1 in 2001 and so on. This works for all mexican & US-made Fender guitars, NOT for the Japanese ones, so now you know the trick you don’t need a site. MN indicates a guitar made in the 1990s, so MN5 indicates the guitar was built in 1995.

Anonymous

I have a mexican strat. S/N MZ 8692

Anonymous

: Qual o ano de fabrica̤̣o desta Fender Strato Mexicana? : Qual o significado desta numera̤̣o no caso da Fender Mexico? : Grato pelas informa̵̤es : Get̼lio Rodrigues (Brazil РṢo Paulo)

Anonymous

I can’t find a strat exactly like mine. I want to know what kind it is. It has two single pickups with one humbucker. There is one volume and one tone knob, a 5 way pickup selector and one humbucker switch. The serial number is MN534854

Anonymous

Qual o ano de fabricação desta Fender Strato Mexicana? Qual o significado desta numeração no caso da Fender Mexico? Grato pelas informações Wilson Carvalho (Brazil-S.Paulo)

Anonymous

: I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful.

Anonymous

yeah i just bought a fender mexican the way you can tell the date is the M is for mexico the N or Z is the decade. Z would be 1000 and the numbers after tell you the exact year. Im preatty shure that MZ01xxxxxxxx would be 2001 so im told my a guitar guy or it could just be 2000 its either the first digit or the first and second digit. but thats preatty much how

Anonymous

: I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful. MZ refers to "Mexico Zero", that is any guitar made from 2000 onwards. Hence, my MIM starts MZ1xxxxx, meaning it was built in 2001

Anonymous

Hello guys, I have Fender Ritchie Sambora Signature Stratocaster with serial number MSN50 22..
        Can you tell me something about date of this guitar?
        Thanx!

Anonymous

: : I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with Mn. my serial # is mn541180 and it is a fender stratocaster squier series i had one guy tell me that it was made erly in the 90’s and i would like to know what its worth so if u could tell me that would be grate i have a digital camra if u need me to take a pic of it my email is [email protected] thanx alot

Anonymous

Hello! I have an mexican fender stratocaster. the serial number is MN316446. when i take the neck from the body i see when was made this guitar. the year is (if my mind is good) 1993. If you want send me your guitar pictures! hello, Gábor

Anonymous

: Hello! I have an mexican fender stratocaster. the serial number is MN5178992. send me a picture of this guitar as soon as possible please. : hello, : dexter

Anonymous

: : :I would like to find the year on this Mexican Strat MN574054 and if it is a re-issue of a 60s or 70s model Thanks

Anonymous

i was wondering if you could please tell me the year on my strat it is MN8313059 THANXZ

Anonymous

curiuos, when and where E719314 would have been made?

Anonymous

its an american made in 1997

Anonymous

1987 E for eighties

Anonymous

: : I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful. Otherwise my serial number is MZ0057984

Anonymous

: : : I’ve looked at a mexican strat at a store but it looks a bit dodgey and i dont think its the real deal, they are offering $900 for it is that a good buy, can you help the serial number is MN9341393

Anonymous

That wasn’t me….. I know that Mexican starts ain’t worth shit !!!! ha ah ha ah

Anonymous

: : : I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : : : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful. : Otherwise my serial number is MZ0057984

Anonymous

: : : : I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : : : : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful. : : Otherwise my serial number is MZ0057984 I presume MZ means it was made in the year 2000s because the N in MN signifies it was made in the 1990s.

Anonymous

my serial number is : mz1185055.My year ? Please.

Anonymous

: my serial number is : mz1185055.My year ? Please.

Anonymous

: : my serial number is : mz1185055.My year ? Please.

Anonymous

Anonymous

: : : my serial number is : mz1185055.My year ? Please. 2001

Anonymous

: : : my serial number is : M 542464.My year ? and price? Please.

Anonymous

: : I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful. : MZ refers to "Mexico Zero", that is any guitar made from 2000 onwards. Hence, my MIM starts MZ1xxxxx, meaning it was built in 2001 What about if it starts with MN? My strat’s # starts with MN2.

Anonymous

: : : I’ve looked at a number of sites, but I can’t find a year of manufacture for a Fender Stratocaster made in Mexico with a serial number that begins with MZ. (I presume this isn’t MN and the N is on it’s side??) : : : If you can tell me a site where this info can be found I’d be most grateful. : : MZ refers to "Mexico Zero", that is any guitar made from 2000 onwards. Hence, my MIM starts MZ1xxxxx, meaning it was built in 2001 : What about if it starts with MN? My strat’s # starts with MN2. MN means it was a ‘Mexican'(hence M) manufactured guitar from the ‘Nineties'(N). The addition of the ‘2’ means your guitar was made in 1992.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.