Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics westbury acoustic six string w5010

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I BOUGHT THIS GUITAR IN 1980STILL HAVE THE BILL179.50/W HARD SHELL CASE.PURCHASED IN ROOSEVELT FEILD IN MATHEW MUSIC.GREAT GUITAR MADE LIKE A GUILD OR OVATION EVEN A GIBSON.ODD SHAPE, MOTHER OF PEARL INLAY FRET BOARD AND TRIM. GOOD SOUND AND TOUCH.STILL MINT!!
    ANYONE HAVE ONE OR KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COMPANY?? ARE THEY A COLLECIBLE?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I BOUGHT THIS GUITAR IN 1980{STILL HAVE THE BILL}179.50/W HARD SHELL CASE.PURCHASED IN ROOSEVELT FEILD IN MATHEW MUSIC.GREAT GUITAR MADE LIKE A GUILD OR OVATION EVEN A GIBSON.ODD SHAPE, MOTHER OF PEARL INLAY FRET BOARD AND TRIM. GOOD SOUND AND TOUCH.STILL MINT!! : ANYONE HAVE ONE OR KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COMPANY?? ARE THEY A COLLECTIBLE?

Anonymous

I happen to have a Westbury W5000. I obtained it in an interesting fashion. Pat Paulsen (perennial presidential candidate and Smother ii s Brothers fame) used it in his act. I hired him to act as a keynote speaker at a sales meeting. The guitar fell over and sprung the neck. He became frustrated when he couldn’t tune it and threw it off the stage. Put some additional cracks in it. I talked him into auctioning it off and the fellow with the high bid never showed so I wound up with it. I just recently had the damage stabilized. The luthier who fixed it said it was a quality guitar and was likely worth around $750 without the Paulsen connection/damage. So, you might say they are mildly collectable. Nice playing and decent sound. Mike

Anonymous

: I happen to have a Westbury W5000. I obtained it in an interesting fashion. Pat Paulsen (perennial presidential candidate and Smother ii s Brothers fame) used it in his act. I hired him to act as a keynote speaker at a sales meeting. The guitar fell over and sprung the neck. He became frustrated when he couldn’t tune it and threw it off the stage. Put some additional cracks in it. I talked him into auctioning it off and the fellow with the high bid never showed so I wound up with it. I just recently had the damage stabilized. The luthier who fixed it said it was a quality guitar and was likely worth around $750 without the Paulsen connection/damage. So, you might say they are mildly collectable. Nice playing and decent sound. : Mike

Anonymous

I have one too! Anybody know how much they are worth now? I got mine for $100 including the case in the early 80’s. A family member just needed money and he hocked it to me. It still plays and looks great. When I take the guitar out it does draw attention. I wish I knew more about it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.