Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Vantage Bass Guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a old, probably 80’s model, Vantage bass guitar. It doesn’t have the model number on it, and I bought it second hand. The guitar is in great condition and has a lot of sentimental value to me. I know it looks exactly like the Vantage VS650 lead guitars, but I can’t find any information on the bass models that are similar to the VS650. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi, The Vantage Bass that I think you mean is the Vantage Model VS600B single pickup…..Mikael

Anonymous

I have a vantage bass guitar, I have no clue what is but all it says is Vantage standard 2 the 2 is in roman numerals. what is this guitar and what is its value

Anonymous

I have a 1979 Vantage bass,one of the first marimuko ones, serial number 058822,in great shape,awesome playability, just looking for help finding out the value of guitar. thanx in advance for
      any help or leads

Anonymous

Check out the info here to find out more about Vantage basses:

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/vantage/vantage.html

Anonymous

Hi, I have a couple of Vantage basses. The 725 and the 795. I play both of them in a professional environment. I have other basses (Gibson EB-3 1970, Fender P-Bass 1971) but I prefer the warm and full sound of my Vantages. I can not help you much with the info you are requesting but I intend to hold on to mine and am always looking for more as they are the easiest to play with a very quick neck..

Anonymous

I have a vantage bass in good condition is a fretless 725b in case you are interested !

Anonymous

: I have a old, probably 80’s model, Vantage bass guitar. It doesn’t have the model number on it, and I bought it second hand. The guitar is in great condition and has a lot of sentimental value to me. I know it looks exactly like the Vantage VS650 lead guitars, but I can’t find any information on the bass models that are similar to the VS650. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Ya those are tough to find. I would hold onto it if I were you or it might sell for about 500 if you’re interested.

Anonymous

Got at very nice fretless black Vantage bass, but cannot figure out the model. The only thing theres is on it resembling a serial number is where the neck is attached to the body, this number on a metal plate: I500617, where it also say "Made in Japan"… It is fitted with EMG pickups, though I donĀ“t know if they are original or upgraded, since i bought i used, for 2000 dkr. ( = 344 US dollar)… If anyone know anything or have the same model; Mail me!

Anonymous

i have just bought an X88 vantage bass probably early 80,s and am trying to get a new bridge for it ive looked in old books and ive never seen this model anywhere if u got any ideas drop me an email …..good luck man

Anonymous

I don’t know for your’s, but i have and 80’s Vantage Bass. Model number: VP795B. it has a strait tru one piece neck, it’s all made of nice wood and has an exellent brass nut system. Serial number 101027. I know it’s made in Japan and the guy who had it before me said it valued about 1000$ new (back in the days.)

Anonymous

: I have the same model VP795B serial number 106030 and purchased it for $ 250.00 Canadian in December of 2003. It’s my first instrument ever and I am just taking lessons. My teacher advised that the pickups are very good and mentioned their name but I didn’t write it down. It’s a cheery coloured wood with alight wood from the neck down to the bridge I love this guitar. Anyone know the electronics side of it and where I can find a hard shell case for it that fits it proper? : I don’t know for your’s, but i have and 80’s Vantage Bass. Model number: VP795B. it has a strait tru one piece neck, it’s all made of nice wood and has an exellent brass nut system. Serial number 101027. I know it’s made in Japan and the guy who had it before me said it valued about 1000$ new (back in the days.)

Anonymous

I have the same Bass, i just bought it from my friend for $35, it sounds good, plays good, i used it in concert once. i have over 50 Bass guitars so this is pretty good when it is on the top of my best bass’s. I am also the vocals and bassist of the band Holli-Would 17 check out our site at http://www.Holli-Would17.4t.com

Anonymous

I recently got a Vantage Avenger for free that had been gutted out. I got it back together and really like the fretboard and brass nut, but otherwise it is a pretty average bass, comparable to Ibanez.

Anonymous

: I have a old, probably 80’s model, Vantage bass guitar. It doesn’t have the model number on it, and I bought it second hand. The guitar is in great condition and has a lot of sentimental value to me. I know it looks exactly like the Vantage VS650 lead guitars, but I can’t find any information on the bass models that are similar to the VS650. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated. I recently got a Vantage Avenger for free that had been gutted out. I got it back together and really like the fretboard and brass nut, but otherwise it is a pretty average bass, comparable to Ibanez.

Anonymous

I HAVE A VAMTAGE BASS GUITAR PROUBLY 80S IT HAS A SERIAL NUMBER ON IT. IM HOOPING TO FIND SOME KIND OF SITE TO LOOK UP THE MODEL AND HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO IT WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED.THNX ALOT. IF YOU LIVE IN CALGARY IN THE N.W. LETS JAM SOMETIME.

Anonymous

Hi I live in calgary. I too have a Vantage Bass and 12 str. Not much luck with info on these hey??

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.