Ampeg Gemini VI

Posted by Sandra on Thu, 03/06/03 - 18:40:14.

I have an Ampeg Gemini VI GS-15-R tube amp. My husband left it behind when he moved out years ago. I need to get rid of it but can't seem to find any info on it. I don't want to go to a used guitar shop to sell it without knowing its value. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ampeg Gemini VI 10 $ is the most u can get id give u 8

: I have an Ampeg Gemini VI GS-15-R tube amp. My husband left it behind when he moved out years ago. I need to get rid of it but can't seem to find any info on it. I don't want to go to a used guitar shop to sell it without knowing its value. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Ampeg Gemini VI

Hope this doesn't reach you too late. I don't know what that other guy's talking about. This is a really nice amp you have.

Actually, you might be able to find someone who'll pay good money for this amp. I believe Gemini VI's are pretty large and fairly loud, so if that's what someone's looking for, they might be willing to pay a few hundred for it, depending on the condition. '60s Ampegs are well known for having great warm, clean tone and lots of headroom, distinctive reverb and tremolo. I have a Gemini II; it's a great amp.

I've seen postings where people have paid up to $600 for this amp, which is a bit much in my opinion. My guess is that you could realistically hope to get between $300-$400. A dealer would give you much less and then mark it up on the floor, so if you have the time, try to sell or auction it yourself.

: I have an Ampeg Gemini VI GS-15-R tube amp. My husband left it behind when he moved out years ago. I need to get rid of it but can't seem to find any info on it. I don't want to go to a used guitar shop to sell it without knowing its value. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Ampeg Gemini VI

========================
I think I sent a blank reply. Let me know (bill@bwi.com) if you still have this amp

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.